ABSUЯD Single released at midnight

I have no problems with the lyrics. Not saying they are great, just that there is a place for venom and aggressiveness in arts. Most people have at times, even fleetingly, felt similar emotions to another person. It's just the musical manifestation of that feeling. There are entire bands and genres of music devoted to the same aggressive, abrasive emotions. Not every lyrics can be trying to portray a story reflecting on the true nature of humanity, but in a way these lyrics actually and ironically do. Again, they are not great lyrics in the sense that most people couldn't have come up with similarly ranting rhymes, but they work in conveying a believable emotion. 

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

4 hours ago, CAFC Nick said:

Not sure if this has been mentioned in the 51 pages (:P) but that is definitely Frank on drums, regardless of comms saying it’s Brain. That ‘thud’ of the bass drum is clearly Frank’s (listen to IRS from CD compared to any leak)

It's Brain on the drums. That's been confirmed by so many official sources already..., 

Wonder what TB are making of this board right now. 
Some of you have downed the Kool Aid. 

It’s garbage and it HAS to be a statement to Pittman. He was to be involved originally and not Mellisa until his drunken tweet about the band.

https://loudwire.com/guns-n-roses-chris-pitman-apologizes-reunion-tour-money-grab/

He was fired prior to the Coachella shows, he pissed them all off obviously and not just Axl. 

He also sued Axl and got money from it, less than $163,000 it says.

https://loudwire.com/axl-rose-settles-lawsuit-guns-n-roses-instrumentalist-chris-pitman/

They’re probably laughing at the cash they paid as opposed to the cash made. They’ve made that $163,000 back no problem on this track. It just has to be a pisstake as opposed to something that could make an Album. 

The lyrics were written by Axl? If so, who is the person or persons it was originally intended? One would think those negative feelings might go away over the years. But instead he still thinks this is a "song that should be heard". And it's just about what a terrible person somebody else is. Kinda wish he had gotten over whatever caused those feelings by now.

Of course it's possible he doesn't think like this anymore and they put this out there just because so much money and players have been put into it that it makes sense to try to get some money out of it still.

1 minute ago, weaponsnflowers said:

The lyrics were written by Axl? If so, who is the person or persons it was originally intended? One would think those negative feelings might go away over the years. But instead he still thinks this is a "song that should be heard". And it's just about what a terrible person somebody else is. Kinda wish he had gotten over whatever caused those feelings by now.

Of course it's possible he doesn't think like this anymore and they put this out there just because so much money and players have been put into it that it makes sense to try to get some money out of it still.

Impossible to say if Axl feel the same way about a person today, and it could be the lyrics are not about a specific person, either, but an amalgam of people as for some other of his lyrics. Or maybe it isn't really about a person or persons at all but more about the feelings conveyed and a person is just used as a lyrical vehicle to get those emotions out. Or it could all be about Stephanie. It is all speculation until Axl decides to say anything.

1 minute ago, SoulMonster said:

Impossible to say if Axl feel the same way about a person today, and it could be the lyrics are not about a specific person, either, but an amalgam of people as for some other of his lyrics. Or maybe it isn't really about a person or persons at all but more about the feelings conveyed and a person is just used as a lyrical vehicle to get those emotions out. Or it could all be about Stephanie. It is all speculation until Axl decides to say anything.

Sure, and he did say on an interview that he doesn't want people to think that this song is about that person and that song is about this person anymore, rather that the listener takes it for whatever. Which I can understand, it's just that his turmoils have been so public, it makes you wonder who is he pissed now and so on. 

• Like 1

I like what they did. They released music. That's good. They released something polarizing which made people talk about. That's good.

It would be awesome if they did this with music that awes the people because of the musics quality as well as its controversy.

As long as they release more music shortly, more music with quality they have proven they're able to, I'm ok with it. Otherwise it's not a smart move IMO.

• Like 2

I've been following this website since 2015 and never actually had an account, always as a guest, but with everything that's going on right now.... at least in my experience ... this is crazy as fuck, surreal.

I heard the latest leak before this release, in late 2019, the one with the Bumblefoot parts, and man i actually liked it, maybe because I'm more heavy metal or even brutal metal genres-leaned, so the lyrics weren't really a problem, I thought it was fun, downloaded it and heard it regularly, then the pandemic happened and you know.....

But since two weeks ago with the comeback after the virus and the hype about Hard School I started to listen to the CD2 stuff again and this time I got obsessed with Silkworms, I was playing it every other hour.

Guys I know that for the mainstream listener, average Gnr fan, and even die hard fans this song is probably a huge pile of steaming shit, and if it is for you, and you are disappointed, well I do understand you, I guess at least we got something officially "New" for the first time in years.....but again if it's shit to you, I get that. 

Now following the previous, literally last week I showed this to my brother (non metal/rock listener) and I warned him: "dude this might sound like shit to you and it maybe is, but you have to listen to this forgotten GnR song that you'll never listen in your life again, haha" - 7 days later here we are ... man wtf is even happening right now?? Doesn't feel real, the song that I was 15 days ago plugging my earphones, on the street, ready to listen to... and then I was like... oh shit, right, it's an illegal leak, I have to download the mp3 on each device... now, that song is getting attention and covering on mainstream media-press, average rock fans and random people all over the world are listening to this now 15 days later hahaha, what the fuck man. Ok maybe nobody cares, cause we've all listened to it at some point but god fucking damn what a weird coincidence... it could've been any CD2 song, more Slash-fitting. 

Fun fact: maybe this is obvious and maybe it is all over the forum, however, I've only seen a few people asking this here, and I've just got in, so I've read people on social media and many headlines saying that the instrumental part has been completely reworked, now, the intro could be Fortus but that sound doesn't match with his tone and definitely doesn't match with his recent gear, and .. as of this moment he hasn't even shared it on IG, as a guitar player myself and having listened to the demos 120 million times I will say that the intro is actually Buckethead's killswitch lick, (guitar signal-off effect button, ex: Better, ChinDem, TWAT, etc..) so even if you knew that already, think of it this way:  for the CD era-guitar-fanatics and for the people that used to be into "Slash vs Buckethead" this is actually the ultimate crossover lol, he is not credited as a solo artist like Brain but credited as a whole along with Pitman in "Music by: Guns N' Roses", I don't know, but it is his part. 

• Like 1
  • ABSUЯD 3

I think the lyrics are so over the top that you can't really be offended by them. I think real misogyny is more subtle than that. Or rooted in real life actions, phrases and structures. There's stuff on Appetite songs that are lot worse. 

I mean, call someone "a syphilistic priestess" and they'll probably look you funny, but in the end laugh you of.

Say "turn around, bitch, I got use for you" and that's just... wrong.

Disclaimer: I'm not personally offended by any Gn'R lyrics. It's all art and we shouldn't censor it nor should artists censor themselves. Though, we can and should boycott art that we don't want to consume. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Gunsdrummer63 said:

I heard it at Fenway and was left shocked and had no clue what to think. Came home listened on YouTube and finally heard more of the lyrics and was left even more shocked

i listened at release last night and it grew on me. Especially brains drumming. Dudes a monster on drums. No way Adler could play this with the same feel. It really drives the song 

whoever is playing bass has some awesome leads added in. Bass tone in general is great and also drives the song 

some stuff guitar wise fits. The end kinda just cuts out awkwardly and doesn’t “finish”. The first solo goes over the lyrics by about a beat. 

listened in my car on the way to work at 7 am and was half asleep, certainly woke me up!

listened again on the way home and was left with a “it’s not terrible but I wonder how many times I skip it on shuffle in a few weeks”. It’s certainly grown on me tho 

It’s a great song live. I bet festival crowds in Europe go nuts over how heavy it is being a rock. 

the only questions I have are who for sure is on guitar (and what parts), and who’s on bass. I also kinda wonder what Izzy is thinking right about now. I’m sure he heard the original at some point 

Duff is on bass. The drums are definitely quantized/gridded (as standard in most modern music).

12 hours ago, HollyWoodRose84 said:

Not an insider and never claimed to be one. Always hated those self serving individuals who want to take credit for posting shit..blah blah...blah..I’m just fortunate enough to be around some amazing company because of the work that I do and I’m in a trusted, close knit group where people talk. I got into trouble in 2016 when I specifically posted about the MetLife shows before they were announced so I pick and choose my battles now. 

Honest to god this is how it went down last night. When Axl announced that Absurd was dropping at midnight both my friend and I looked at each other in shock because we were both told the first single was going to be Hardschool. Absurd, IMO was a horrible choice. However, maybe they are going to officially label Hardschool as the first “single” for the new album.There hasn’t been any mention of singles yet. They are just promoting this as a “new fn’ song” also cringeworthy.  And no, I don’t know the name but I think many of us know that “Reloaded” has been thrown around.

Regarding the album I, along with multiple others was told it was going to come out last year. The writing was all over the place. Hellen Keller could have seen it coming. COVID did indeed fuck that up. It’s been recorded and finished. Highly confident it’s this year. Am I saying I know for certain? No. But I’ll trust what I’m currently seeing and hearing. As always, let’s see what happens.  

And lastly, TB is god awfully abysmal as a management company for literally the biggest band in the world. 

Thanks for sharing. Any idea is there's going to be some all new original songs on the album too?

10 hours ago, Tadsy said:

If this is the level that a potential new album would be at, then I really hope they never release another thing. 

the song itself has very few redeeming features. For those who like it, seek help. 
If this song was released by another band and not GNR the response would probably be overwhelmingly “WTF”. 
the lyrics are poor, as others have stated, pussy full of maggots” surely axl has/had something better to roll out than this crap. 
as others have said, a song like crash diet at least had more potential to be reworked than this pile of garbage. 

the thing that still makes no sense is, slash has been forever telling us he works on riffs for GNR, you can’t tell me he hasn’t got at least one catchy riff that could be worked into a NEW song with new lyrics? 
I really don’t understand why the band continues to work with and release old songs that were deemed not good enough back in the day? 

are they really that devoid of new ideas? 

Just because they released this doesn't mean there's not any brand new stuff coming. Let's wait and see what happens.

8 hours ago, Ak1nney said:

I agree that the middle quiet part isn't good. A really awesome bridge would have helped a song that has no real chorus.

Yeah I agree. That's really my only complaint with the song, the quiet part. It breaks up the momentum.

7 hours ago, Arnuld said:

Here’s the bottom line- Guns N Roses officially released a song. They actually officially released a song. And God willing this means more is coming (Hard Skool at least) Like Absurd or hate Absurd whatever. We are moving in the right direction for the first time in 13 years. 

Yes 100%

2 hours ago, Gibbo said:

It's a bit wierd fortus hasn't shared it on Instagram or FB maybe he's not on it 

He's not on it, it's all Slash.

• Like 1

Original members who returned five years ago, grafting frankenstein parts onto a twenty year old song , with a twenty year old original vocal track; a song which wasn't good enough to hack it on an album which came out thirteen years ago.   

What a steaming chimera of uninspired.

• Like 2
  • ABSUЯD 1