ABSUЯD Single released at midnight

If the Its Five O Clock songs would have been the next GNR album after illusions that would definitely have been a step backwards after UYI. I'm not even sure what the band could have released in the mid 90s that would be really successfull. Other bands crashed and burned no matter what they tried in the 90s (Motley Crue). In a way it was best for their legacy in the long run that GNR imploded and skipped that decade and avoided that fate. Now they can come out with whatever didn't happen back then.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown
  • Like 1

I went and listened to the guitar version of Silkworms with Bumblefoot and thought it was terrible. Barely listenable. I don't understand why some people say that Absurd it's just the Bumblefoot version with Slash.

In any case, although I don't think I want to listen to Absurd again for a while, it's a huge improvement.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, GoodOlJohnnyK said:

Which band have you *been listening to* all these years? Shouting about a parasitic, syphilitic priestess baby with a pussy full of maggots sticks out so much because, honestly, there are a lot of bands who wouldn't even *dare* say that type of shit in today's climate. That's a certain type of ballsy, 'fuck you' swagger that I love from this band.

So to recap:

1. Mean, aggressive sounding punk tune? Check.

2. Axl ranting without a care in the world? Check.

3. Slash shredding away? Check.

Yep. They don't give a s****, never had. :headbang:

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

That's really, REALLY good IMO 

If you would've asked me a week ago if I thought GN'R would sit on the charts next to artists like Ed Sheeran and The Weeknd, I would have had SO many questions for you lol 

I might have even called you absurd. 

It also shows that everyone raging that “Silkworms” is the first single with Slash are basically screaming into a vacuum.

• ABSUЯD 2

Wonder if Beta will start sending abuse to reviewers who don't like the new material? That would be a pretty swift way to get GNR a lot of shit! 

I really can't see why on earth she'd want to respond to people online who don't like it. There are no positive benefits to it all, for her, the band, or anyone else. 

I wish they'd focus on some of us being super-excited rather than people who aren't. Anything any band releases will always be disliked by some people. 

Edited by allwaystired
  • ABSUЯD 1

54 minutes ago, gavgnr said:

Number 7 on iTunes regular Charts. No.1 on iTunes rock charts I’d say pretty damn good 😁

Are you sure it's #7? I'm looking at the iTunes main chart right now and it's showing #19. Still pretty good considering the strange style of the song and the fact that rock music isn't very popular these days. 

IKxHcK9.jpg

31 minutes ago, GNRfan2008 said:

Are you sure it's #7? I'm looking at the iTunes main chart right now and it's showing #19. Still pretty good considering the strange style of the song and the fact that rock music isn't very popular these days. 

IKxHcK9.jpg

I think itunes has a main chart for every country. According to the US chart I'm seeing it's #12.

http://www.itunescharts.net/us/charts/songs/2021/08/06

Edited by StrangerInThisTown
  • Like 1

I am honestly just happy the band is releasing stuff. Hopefully many more will come. I have only gotten back to listening to them for the first time after like 10 years. I really missed how much I loved them back them and how good i found their music. UYIs especially. 

However, I do understand the people who were waiting to be enthralled by the new release. They've been waiting for so long. 

5 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

I think itunes has a main chart for every country. According to the US chart I'm seeing it's #12.

http://www.itunescharts.net/us/charts/songs/2021/08/06

I'm in America (Texas to be specific). It was #12 yesterday for me, but has dropped to #21 at this point. This morning it was #14, then #19 a couple hours ago, and now it's #21. 

5 hours ago, GoodOlJohnnyK said:

Fans complaining about what should and should not be the first single of a potential new album is ridiculous - we're not marketing executives for a record label. Who *cares* what would make a good first single or where it falls on the charts? All of that shit only matters to people in the music industry.

Simply an absurd take. Who cares? A lot of people care..hence you and all of us being on a fucking music message board instead of doing more productive things with our lives! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

Yes, quotes from Matt and Gilby indicates that Duff wasn't too keen on that music either, but to Slash it was important to blame it exclusively on Axl.

Or Slash didn’t want to hand the songs over to Axl knowing they wouldn’t see the light of days for years. Which effectively meant not touring and Slash OD’ing alone in his house

• Like 2

The only thing that strikes me as odd is that there was no announcement with it. No album/EP it's from. It promotes nothing. That may not be a good sign, but it's not totally out of the norm. They're definitely not putting out an album with the goal of selling millions of it at this stage anyway, and may just be wanting to release songs for the reason that (gasp) they're artists.

2 minutes ago, Top-Hatted One said:

Or Slash didn’t want to hand the songs over to Axl knowing they wouldn’t see the light of days for years. Which effectively meant not touring and Slash OD’ing alone in his house

I think Axl's said in the past that there were some songs he saw potential in and wanted to work on but Slash wanted them as is and for Axl to just sing them. Didn't he say "Fall to Pieces" was one of them?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dean said:

I seen this posted on Reddit, unsure if it's been posted here...credit to hhxhxhxh. They're asking if this is real, which would indicate that a physical release is infact in the works, but who knows, could very much be a good mock up!

@RussTCB @ToonGuns

xh8rciyj0zf71.jpg?width=850&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=6d58252472476f6e39ba9e6bf5d0330aeb055414

Do they even still do this? 🤔

2 hours ago, Packersfan#4#12 said:

I might be the only one on this one but I was jamming out to Oh My God this morning on my way to work and I definitely wouldn't mind that song getting re worked with Duff and Slash on it and re release it with another new song also. I've always thought that was a kickass tune.

You’re not alone. Even Tomass likes the song. 

Tomass would you be ok with reworking and releasing OMG at some point? Or just brand new songs?