ABSUЯD Single released at midnight

3 minutes ago, GNRfan2008 said:

The forum poster 'Wagszilla' over at GN'R Evolution was nice enough to share some custom artwork he created, based on the Medusa video on YouTube. Check it out: 

5FyAkfH.jpg

He is without doubt a talented motherfucker...and godfather of Pitman gifs.ChrisPitman-Towel-Wagszilla.gif.d0ae1551aaacb28037f5ea5ae8b0373d.gif

3 minutes ago, ToonGuns said:

That looks epic. I just hope I don't need to pay big bucks for it. £10 yes take my money. £20 plus £40 fan club membership... hmmm.

False alarm...the bar code showed that it was for some moisturizer :lol:

• ABSUЯD 1

1 minute ago, Dean said:

He is without doubt a talented motherfucker...and godfather of Pitman gifs.ChrisPitman-Towel-Wagszilla.gif.d0ae1551aaacb28037f5ea5ae8b0373d.gif

False alarm...the bar code showed that it was for some moisturizer :lol:

Ah. My wife likes moisturiser. I don't think she would like Absurd.

Looking at that cover again the R is the wrong (right) way round anyway, so yeah looks fake.

2 minutes ago, ToonGuns said:

Looking at that cover again the R is the wrong (right) way round anyway, so yeah looks fake.

no, it's in the wrong way (cyrillic characted for Ya).

plus I wasn't able to find the exact moment in the medusa video when the colors are like this - green hair, left cheek red, blue cheek right.

if this is a fake, it's a cool one.

15 minutes ago, GNRfan2008 said:

The forum poster 'Wagszilla' over at GN'R Evolution was nice enough to share some custom artwork he created, based on the Medusa video on YouTube. Check it out: 

5FyAkfH.jpg

Thanks for posting that correctly. I posted it yesterday but screwed up the embedding. 

3 minutes ago, zombux said:

no, it's in the wrong way (cyrillic characted for Ya).

plus I wasn't able to find the exact moment in the medusa video when the colors are like this - green hair, left cheek red, blue cheek right.

if this is a fake, it's a cool one.

I mean the R is wrong versus how it should be for the Guns song, I.e. it should be backwards but isn't. (So the R is the "right" way around, which is the wrong way 😉). I think we both mean the same thing? Either way yep cool cover. I like the pink / purple shading.

2 minutes ago, goldentobacco said:

Pretty funny review from the Norwegian paper VG:

''The mystery known as Axl Rose doesn't get less mysterious after releasing the new song ''Absurd'', where the GN'R-dictator apparently has tricked original members Slash and Duff McKagan into coming along to the studio for the first time since ''The Spaghetti Incident?'' (1993). That doesn't mean their presence is noticeable in any way: This is a worthless, pretend-cool surplus product from the shitty album ''Chinese Democracy'', and that you can hear, especially from the demonstrative absence from anything reminding you of a melody. Shame on you, Axl.''

:lol:

VG angry.png

10/10

• Like 1
  • ABSUЯD 1

1 hour ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Dizzy must be stoked. He wrote the big GNR comeback single (and is still in the band, unlike Pitman)

Axl revised the lyrics to give a shout out to both of them.

"Dizzy, little dreamer, with your head down in the stars" and

"Fucking little schemer, got yourself inside the art" (Damn you, Pitman!)

• Haha 3

14 minutes ago, goldentobacco said:

''The mystery known as Axl Rose doesn't get less mysterious after releasing the new song ''Absurd'', where the GN'R-dictator apparently has tricked original members Slash and Duff McKagan into coming along to the studio for the first time since ''The Spaghetti Incident?'' (1993). That doesn't mean their presence is noticeable in any way: This is a worthless, pretend-cool surplus product from the shitty album ''Chinese Democracy'', and that you can hear, especially from the demonstrative absence from anything reminding you of a melody. Shame on you, Axl.''

VG angry.png

That's hilarious! I would like to see Beta's response to that review, haha

• Like 1
  • ABSUЯD 2

20 minutes ago, goldentobacco said:

VG angry.png

Norwegian and Swedish media don't like Axl much, are they? :lol: All the translated articles/reviews I've read since the 90s are like that.

• Like 1
  • ABSUЯD 1

Just now, KURT19 said:

I played it for my wife this afternoon and here is her review:

“OK, that’s a horrible song and I can only understand three words: ‘motherfuckers’, ‘absurd’ and ‘you are’.  Is he singing thru a megaphone?”

I told her that she’s wrong. That’s four words.

Wife didn't pick up on the masterpiece phrase "pussy full of maggots"  ... eh?? 

• Haha 2