ABSUЯD Single released at midnight

On 8/5/2021 at 7:58 PM, Bitchisback said:

I wonder if this means an album is coming.  I am sure there will be some kind of press release included with the single.  Axl said you could download it so I wonder if there will be anything to buy along with it like most bands would do?

Holy shit I can't believe they are releasing new music on the fly

I think guns are doing a good job and  the new reworked song silk worms is pretty good it’s got a punk vibe too it guns might be testing the waters and seeing what kind of response they get from fans  if it does ok not a be success they might do some more track releases hard school  etc.. new album will happen but the tour will have to be finished then I think they will drop a new album too support a new tour plus I’m thinking there will be all new songs not the ones there release n now hardcore fans have been asking for new music for this tour so there you go change the set list also done on a side note Axl Rose didn’t come back  out of shape  or  not trying too put on a great show he is in good shape looks like he hit the gym and doing the job of a great front man energetic entertaining the crowd  look at Vince Neil he is a real mess and doesn’t care guns are going too make that stadium tour look like what it is weak sauce  plus guns getting wolf Van Halen open that’s great he gets a chance too prove what he has mad talent 

On 8/6/2021 at 8:21 PM, Stalfos said:

I think they released the song first without the Medusa video and the comments were off, maybe because of the negative comments.

The record company distributor automatically releases videos like that, with comments disabled. It happens to our band as well.

Apologies if someone already said this!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Dean said:

I seen this posted on Reddit, unsure if it's been posted here...credit to hhxhxhxh. They're asking if this is real, which would indicate that a physical release is infact in the works, but who knows, could very much be a good mock up!

@RussTCB @ToonGuns

xh8rciyj0zf71.jpg?width=850&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=6d58252472476f6e39ba9e6bf5d0330aeb055414

Definitely fan made as the single would likely be a 7" if it saw a physical release and that has staples on the center fold like a standard cd booklet.

1 minute ago, Ak1nney said:

Definitely fan made as the single would likely be a 7" if it saw a physical release and that has staples on the center fold like a standard cd booklet.

Unless the.......go with me on this.....whole album is called Absurd 

2 minutes ago, Sosso said:

3380810045239.jpg

That was the first result on Google when I first entered the barcode 😂

That's not absurd 

5 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Here's the shirt I want them to make:

Guns N' Roses (in the traditional font) on top.

ABSURD (same font, different color, spaced out and larger so it matches the width of GN'R on top) 

And that's it. Just a black t-shirt with only that on the front. 

Take a break from wishing death on people on Instagram and make it happen Beta! 

Additionally, I would like GN'R to be in UYI blue and absurd to be in bright pink. That is all. 

• ABSUЯD 1

4 minutes ago, Sosso said:

3380810045239.jpg

Time to investigate since it's obviously a hint. "Paris". That's clearly a reference to the 1992 show, there MUST be a live release on the way. Then let's move on to "targets fine lines" - like let's say the fine line between provocation and absurdity as proven by the last single! Furthermore, "all skin types" - this means the new album will in no way be racist. Finally we got some real clues. They probably thought they could outsmart us. Let that soak in for a minute!

• Haha 1
  • ABSUЯD 2

30 minutes ago, Dean said:

I honestly couldn't tell you the last time I seen a CD single in a store. Early 2000's, easily.

It was the late 00s that CD singles started to get properly phased out. Noel Gallagher stuck with them until 2012, but most big artists stopped doing them long before!

I would buy a CD single for absurd in a heartbeat. They could use older Silkworms demos as b-sides.

Just now, sofine11 said:

They would name the album “Absurd”. 😂

If they name the album Absurb it will absolutely be the icing on the cake that the last few days has been. 

• GNFNR 1
  • ABSUЯD 2

Just now, RussTCB said:

If they name the album Absurb it will absolutely be the icing on the cake that the last few days has been. 

Lol! Yeah, it’d be just too damn wild to not love. 

• ABSUЯD 1

57 minutes ago, Dean said:

I seen this posted on Reddit, unsure if it's been posted here...credit to hhxhxhxh. They're asking if this is real, which would indicate that a physical release is infact in the works, but who knows, could very much be a good mock up!

@RussTCB @ToonGuns

xh8rciyj0zf71.jpg?width=850&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=6d58252472476f6e39ba9e6bf5d0330aeb055414

That looks epic. I just hope I don't need to pay big bucks for it. £10 yes take my money. £20 plus £40 fan club membership... hmmm.

3 minutes ago, GNRfan2008 said:

The forum poster 'Wagszilla' over at GN'R Evolution was nice enough to share some custom artwork he created, based on the Medusa video on YouTube. Check it out: 

5FyAkfH.jpg

He is without doubt a talented motherfucker...and godfather of Pitman gifs.ChrisPitman-Towel-Wagszilla.gif.d0ae1551aaacb28037f5ea5ae8b0373d.gif

3 minutes ago, ToonGuns said:

That looks epic. I just hope I don't need to pay big bucks for it. £10 yes take my money. £20 plus £40 fan club membership... hmmm.

False alarm...the bar code showed that it was for some moisturizer :lol:

• ABSUЯD 1

1 minute ago, Dean said:

He is without doubt a talented motherfucker...and godfather of Pitman gifs.ChrisPitman-Towel-Wagszilla.gif.d0ae1551aaacb28037f5ea5ae8b0373d.gif

False alarm...the bar code showed that it was for some moisturizer :lol:

Ah. My wife likes moisturiser. I don't think she would like Absurd.

Looking at that cover again the R is the wrong (right) way round anyway, so yeah looks fake.

2 minutes ago, ToonGuns said:

Looking at that cover again the R is the wrong (right) way round anyway, so yeah looks fake.

no, it's in the wrong way (cyrillic characted for Ya).

plus I wasn't able to find the exact moment in the medusa video when the colors are like this - green hair, left cheek red, blue cheek right.

if this is a fake, it's a cool one.

15 minutes ago, GNRfan2008 said:

The forum poster 'Wagszilla' over at GN'R Evolution was nice enough to share some custom artwork he created, based on the Medusa video on YouTube. Check it out: 

5FyAkfH.jpg

Thanks for posting that correctly. I posted it yesterday but screwed up the embedding. 

3 minutes ago, zombux said:

no, it's in the wrong way (cyrillic characted for Ya).

plus I wasn't able to find the exact moment in the medusa video when the colors are like this - green hair, left cheek red, blue cheek right.

if this is a fake, it's a cool one.

I mean the R is wrong versus how it should be for the Guns song, I.e. it should be backwards but isn't. (So the R is the "right" way around, which is the wrong way 😉). I think we both mean the same thing? Either way yep cool cover. I like the pink / purple shading.