ABSUЯD Single released at midnight

48 minutes ago, KURT19 said:

I played it for my wife this afternoon and here is her review:

“OK, that’s a horrible song and I can only understand three words: ‘motherfuckers’, ‘absurd’ and ‘you are’.  Is he singing thru a megaphone?”

I told her that she’s wrong. That’s four words.

My wife really likes GNR. And she liked Chinese. She listened once and was I like I don’t know about that one. It’s a little hard core. 

Sounds pretty good on earphones, the synth from the original version is buried in the mix but you can hear it nonetheless. It's repetitive but energetic. Miss the original synth and the first bumblefoot guitar part post first chorus. Here's hoping there's more to come. My dad who only listens to them up to TSI even liked it. Absurd if you ask me.

Edited by MrMojo

19 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

I think this is way cooler as a first single back than some dad-rock commercial song. How lame would that have been? I want something unique, not SMKC with Axl on vocals.

That's true, but Hard School ain't Dad Rock. It's a kickass song with pretty great lyrics and vocal melody from Axl. Hopefully we get a final version of it pretty soon, with improved guitars added by Slash. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nesret said:

Time to investigate since it's obviously a hint. "Paris". That's clearly a reference to the 1992 show, there MUST be a live release on the way. Then let's move on to "targets fine lines" - like let's say the fine line between provocation and absurdity as proven by the last single! Furthermore, "all skin types" - this means the new album will in no way be racist. Finally we got some real clues. They probably thought they could outsmart us. Let that soak in for a minute!

As ABSURD as this sounds….it’s not that far fetched when you look at how Iron Maiden promoted their last single!

1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

Norwegian and Swedish media don't like Axl much, are they? :lol: All the translated articles/reviews I've read since the 90s are like that.

Haha doesn't surprise me! On a slightly unrelated note, Norwegians are some of the most cynical and bigoted people I've met :lol: 

• ABSUЯD 1

Everyone I play this song for just hates it.  It’s rubbish. Was rubbish back in 2001 when they performed it at RIR and is even worse 20 years later.  It’s just so embarrassing that this is the first song together after all these years and they couldn’t even write a song about being back together again.  

Where is The General?  Where is Crash Diet? Where are all the other Big Guns we heard Axl had up his sleeve?  If this is it then we are about to get a terrible album of B side crap that was shelved 20 years ago. 

this song is only appreciated by angry men living in their mom’s basement. GNR is embarrassing themselves. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, sofine11 said:

Dang some people are maaaaad. 😆

I truly believe the only people that like Absurd are fans that never grew up with Guns in their heyday. It’s the tortured souls that waited forever for CD to drop and can’t realize how horrible these cut and paste hack job songs really are. 

• ABSUЯD 2

7 minutes ago, Fozzie Bear said:

If this is it then we are about to get a terrible album of B side crap that was shelved 20 years ago. 

It was shelved because Axl was the only guy working on it worth a shit. Give Slash some Axl songs (remember how Estranged was made?) and he will make everything atleast 3 times more listenable. Not to say Axls vault is full of shit, there are definitely many great songs I'd love to see come out (Oklahoma, Perhaps, Soul Monster are some that stick out to me). Also, it's not guaranteed the current band would even come up with anything better at this point in their career. Just saying.

32 minutes ago, GNRfan2008 said:

That's true, but Hard School ain't Dad Rock. It's a kickass song with pretty great lyrics and vocal melody from Axl. Hopefully we get a final version of it pretty soon, with improved guitars added by Slash. 

Hey don’t get me wrong, I love Hard School. I’ve probably been one of the most vocal about wanting to hear it, the leak is one of my favorite songs of all time. The only way Absurd upsets me is if it took the spot of HS and we never get to hear HS

• Like 1

1 minute ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

It was shelved because Axl was the only guy working on it worth a shit. Give Slash some Axl songs (remember how Estranged was made?) and he will make everything atleast 3 times more listenable. Not to say Axls vault is full of shit, there are definitely many great songs I'd love to see come out (Oklahoma, Perhaps, Soul Monster are some that stick out to me). Also, it's not guaranteed the current band would even come up with anything better at this point in their career. Just saying.

100% wrong. Axl didn’t work on these songs. Don’t people realize what the village seasons were? All of these talented musicians making tracks and some of them amazing badass stuff and then it was wait for uncle Axl to maybe show up once a month at the Studio at 3am to tinker with stuff.   The reason we didn’t get more music is because Axl was lazy and didn’t work on stuff.  He took forever and a day to add his parts to stuff. 

Same thing is happening today. He’s not in the studio with Slash and Duff working hard to give this band the kind of studio return it deserves - he’s not showing up!  He’s making them cut and paste over his old throw away songs that are 20 years old! 

Axl was never the song writing force people think. It was Izzy Slash and Duff that just needed Axl to sing, not the other way around.  

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Hey don’t get me wrong, I love Hard School. I’ve probably been one of the most vocal about wanting to hear it, the leak is one of my favorite songs of all time. The only way Absurd upsets me is if it took the spot of HS and we never get to hear HS

Hard School should have been the first single back. Absurd never should have been recorded. Has me worried Axl won’t go back in the studio and write new material. Whatever is there from 2002-2006 is all we will ever get. 

9 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Yep. I like to listen to as much variety in music as possible. I love it when artists have a wide variety within their own catalog. 

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

1 hour ago, KURT19 said:

I played it for my wife this afternoon and here is her review:

“OK, that’s a horrible song and I can only understand three words: ‘motherfuckers’, ‘absurd’ and ‘you are’.  Is he singing thru a megaphone?”

I told her that she’s wrong. That’s four words.

Family Review Update

I played it for my 19 year old son and here is his review:

” What language is this?  I guess it’s not too bad if you’re just rocking out...”

middle slow breakdown part comes on

“...never mind.”

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, KURT19 said:

Family Review Update

” What language is this?  I guess it’s not too bad if you’re just rocking out...”

“...never mind.”

My 15 year olds initial review of the middle section was simply "Um, WHAT" 

2 minutes ago, ToonGuns said:

Far too much negativity on here at the moment. Guns n Roses just officially released a new song. Who cares if it is 20 years old. Just enjoy it. Live life.

Nah, it's just a vocal minority. A bunch of us are still having fun and being positive :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, KURT19 said:

Family Review Update

“...never mind.”

I like the middle bit. Just wish it was a bit longer. Could have been a good intro as well, if extended and building up into the killswitch riff.

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

9 minutes ago, Fozzie Bear said:

Axl was never the song writing force people think. It was Izzy Slash and Duff that just needed Axl to sing, not the other way around.  

That is bullshit. You talk about him like he's Sebastian Bach in Skid Row, who wrote almost none of the lyrics. Axl was a critical part of the lyrical writing in GN'R, far moreso than Slash or Duff. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Fozzie Bear said:

I truly believe the only people that like Absurd are fans that never grew up with Guns in their heyday. It’s the tortured souls that waited forever for CD to drop and can’t realize how horrible these cut and paste hack job songs really are. 

Maybe some of us see it as just being a song..and there are more important things in life.. 

This song or any other song, you can choose to listen to or not, play as many times as you like or simply play it once and not again.  

it's just a song people, and if you don't like this song, then you can listen to your favourite song or songs from past albums at your own discretion. 

My personal opinion is simple. 

Its great to have a new song with Slash and Duff involved, looking forward to hearing this song live when the band tours NZ. 

Off to work to put food on the table and a roof over the head of my family.. 

Edited by kiwiguns
  • Like 3