ABSUЯD Single released at midnight

Gang this song is total and utter horse shit written by the least musically talented member of GN’R - Dizzy. 

Stop arguing what era of fan can and cannot appreciate it.  95% of humans with ears hate this track.  It has no buzz and no attention in the real world because it sucks.   If GNR dropped a true rocker the world would eat it up.  Instead we got a pussy full of maggots for all the angry male fans that have GNR tattoos and post on this forum everyday.  

Go to any comment section where this song is discussed an read how much people think it sucks.  I’m the biggest GN’R fan and I love Chinese D and the leaks but this was the worst leaked track.  

Defending it makes all you suckers look like Beta puppets. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • ABSUЯD 1

3 minutes ago, Fozzie Bear said:

Go to any comment section where this song is discussed an read how much people think it sucks.  I’m the biggest GN’R fan and I love Chinese D and the leaks but this was the worst leaked track.  

On YT the music video has 36,200 likes and 6,472 dislikes. Scrolling through the first comments, I see little criticism.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fozzie Bear said:

Gang this song is total and utter horse shit written by the least musically talented member of GN’R - Dizzy. 

Stop arguing what era of fan can and cannot appreciate it.  95% of humans with ears hate this track.  It has no buzz and no attention in the real world because it sucks.   If GNR dropped a true rocker the world would eat it up.  Instead we got a pussy full of maggots for all the angry male fans that have GNR tattoos and post on this forum everyday.  

Defending it makes all you suckers look like Beta puppets. 

Dude, you're no different than Beta with your anger against those who have a different taste than you have. :lol:

Why are you so mad at people who like the song? I can understand that you're angry at the band for not releasing a more commercial song, but why direct your anger at people who enjoy this kind of Prodigy influenced music?

Can't believe some people are whining that GNR blew their chance with this, as if their next song would get no media attention at all. If they want media attention for their next song, all they have to do is promote it.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Lies They Tell said:

Dude, you're no different than Beta with your anger against those who have a different taste than you have. :lol:

Why are you so mad at people who like the song? I can understand that you're angry at the band for not releasing a more commercial song, but why direct your anger at people who enjoy this kind of Prodigy influenced music?

Can't believe some people are whining that GNR blew their chance with this, as if their next song would get no media attention at all. If they want media attention for their next song, all they have to do is promote it.

It’s not about media attention. 
it’s not about releasing a rocker

it’s not about commercial success 

it’s about Axl Rose blowing up the band we loved to make shit music like this and then they finally got back together and he makes Slash and Duff salvage his lazy shit. 

This song was horrible 20 years ago and is no better today. My anger is directed at Uncle Axl and his laziness.   If you like that song, cool, it’s maybe the worst GNR song ever next to My World. 

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, DTJ80 said:

Maybe just the way I’m interpreting it - but what do you mean ‘all over the place’….that means from where I’m from it’s a total mess!

But it could also mean the styles are varied….or they were writing at various places/locations?

Meaning the signs (for a new album) were everywhere (regarding what he was told).

22 hours ago, GNRfan2008 said:

GN'R Reloaded works. Nice reference to GN'R Lies, and obviously a reference to the reunion. 

That would be cool.

21 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

For the most part you can see it is mostly fans of CD that are into it and excited. The rest of the world and fans aren't..

I don't like CD but I'm into this.

21 hours ago, RussTCB said:

It's in MQA on Tidal as well. I don't know a ton about HQ digital audio just yet, but I'm not sure if MQA is as good as the sources you listed. It did sound awesome from Tidal through my system last night though. 

How did your get together go and what did people think of the song?

20 hours ago, alfierose said:

I'm not sure how to describe it really. For me it doesn't have any kind of hook or real chorus. Slash's work has improved it a bit but it's still a bit too 'screechy noise' to my ears. That said I do like Shacklers and Chi Dem and can see how it's sort of an evolution (or forerunner?) to the sound of those songs. 

I'm just not overly keen on the industrial sound generally with a few notable exceptions.

The hook is the guitar riff. Actually you could say there's 2 hooks, the main riff and the guitar bit during the "chorus." This is actually the way that a lot of current pop etc songs are structured now (hook 1, hook 2, etc).

18 hours ago, Rapidfire said:

They may disagree with each other in the past but a lot can change 25 years later. All of them are in a different stage of their careers compared to back then. Slash and Duff have released so many records between the time of leaving and rejoining GNR. Just because Slash was not keen on the direction Axl wanted GNR to go back then, doesn't mean he's not up to try them now.

Yes, their interests have changed and the musicial climate itself has changed.

17 hours ago, Beto 22 said:

Yeah... But I also believe that Matt not liking the final product has to be more with Eric Dover and the way Slash picked Dover without telling him than really with the songs...

That's what I gathered too based on what he said in his book.

10 hours ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

I wouldn't totally rule it out, I found Slash wrote some of his best ever riffs on WOF, which was not too long ago. I mean, that album is all you would ever want from a Slash album, and he was like 30 years into his career by then. If he somehow gets that same energy going for new GNR stuff, that alone would create an album worth listening to, nevermind Axl and Duff being there.

WOF is great, lots of awesome songs on that record.

8 hours ago, GNRfanMILO said:

Axl literally said it at the show they debuted the song “It’s absurd we’re trying this”.

Get it? ITS A JOKE!!! And Slash and Duff are totally on board.

And the fact that people are getting triggered about it proves the whole damn thing. God move by Uncle Axl.

Yes 100%. They played this off really well.

I think it's cool that they did a surprise release. The only reason we knew it was coming before it actually dropped was because Axl said it on stage. If he hadn't said anything we would've woken up to a new song out of nowhere. I know other artists do that too but for a rock band that's pretty impressive.

11 minutes ago, GoForJMark said:

But Slash's input made it a slapping song. 

Yup

Just now, Lies They Tell said:

If your anger is directed at Axl then why are you calling people who like the song suckers and Beta puppets?

Complaining about people who have a different taste than you do makes you no different from Beta.

Direct your anger at Axl if you're mad at Axl. Although objectively speaking we don't actually know whos idea it was to release Absurd first.

Absurd is clearly a punk rock influenced track which is something that Duff most likely appreciates. It has nasty lyrics that Slash probably appreciates. It might have been Slash's and Duff's idea to release this song first. Who knows! :shrugs:

Yep, there is 0 chance Axl Slash and Duff didn't have a conversation together about what song they should release first. They are into this song aswell, people forget Duff LOVES My World. Slash jerks off to these lyrics no doubt.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Fozzie Bear said:

It’s not about media attention. 
it’s not about releasing a rocker

it’s not about commercial success 

it’s about Axl Rose blowing up the band we loved to make shit music like this and then they finally got back together and he makes Slash and Duff salvage his lazy shit. 

This song was horrible 20 years ago and is no better today. My anger is directed at Uncle Axl and his laziness.   If you like that song, cool, it’s maybe the worst GNR song ever next to My World. 

You mentioned you loved Chinese Democracy, so this little ongoing tantrum of yours is only because you don't like the new single the band released. Wow :lol:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

GNR have barely promoted Absurd, and given that it isn't underpinning anything like an album, it's no surprise a lot of people have slept on it. I expect a proper single release with an album promotion like AC/DC's last attempt would work.

AC/DC killed it, they were very well promoted and well received here in Australia (of course, I know). But the songs were really good, and they promoted it very well. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, zigzagbigbag said:

Anyway, I stand by my point. If I ask younger people (20-25 years) at my work about GNR they barely know anything but the logo. The same goes for Nirvana. It breaks my heart each time. On the other hand, they all can name at least one Metallica and AcDc song each immediately. Of course, this is not representative but it gives some kind of a feel.

That's funny because all the young people at my work are familiar with Nirvana and Guns N' Roses, even the ones that aren't into rock music. Almost everyone knows the big hits by those bands. I mean, who doesn't know Smells Like Teen Spirit, Come As You Are or Sweet Child, Paradise City or November Rain? Those songs are classics and are still being played on mainstream radio all the time. Maybe not in Germany, though.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, zigzagbigbag said:

Anyway, I stand by my point. If I ask younger people (20-25 years) at my work about GNR they barely know anything but the logo. The same goes for Nirvana. It breaks my heart each time. On the other hand, they all can name at least one Metallica and AcDc song each immediately. Of course, this is not representative but it gives some kind of a feel.

Why would it break your heart that your younger coworkers don't listen to GN'R? :lol: 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, EvanG said:

That's funny because all the young people at my work are familiar with Nirvana and Guns N' Roses, even the ones that aren't into rock music. Almost everyone knows the big hits by those bands. I mean, who doesn't know Smells Like Teen Spirit, Come As You Are or Sweet Child, Paradise City or November Rain? Those songs are classics and are still being played on mainstream radio all the time. Maybe not in Germany, though.

Of course, everyone knows these songs in Germany. But lots of younger people don’t know by whom they are. They know these songs from the radio, media, their parents etc but don’t associate them with specific bands. I think this is quite normal. 

A while ago I watched some of those reaction videos on YT, especially regarding GNR, Nirvana, RATM. I think all kids were American and the reaction was always the same: „OMG, I know this song … my mom used to hear it all the time … I love it“. These kids literally knew every word and started rocking but they had no clue of the bands name. 

Just now, zigzagbigbag said:

Of course, everyone knows these songs in Germany. But lots of younger people don’t know by whom they are. They know these songs from the radio, media, their parents etc but don’t associate them with specific bands. I think this is quite normal. 

A while ago I watched some of those reaction videos on YT, especially regarding GNR, Nirvana, RATM. I think all kids were American and the reaction was always the same: „OMG, I know this song … my mom used to hear it all the time … I love it“. These kids literally knew every word and started rocking but they had no clue of the bands name. 

So what's your point? There are a lot of songs from the 60's and 70's (from before my time) that I know by heart too yet I probably can't name the artists/bands of every song either. That's only normal.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, EvanG said:

So what's your point? There are a lot of songs from the 60's and 70's (from before my time) that I know by heart too yet I probably can't name the artists/bands of every song either. That's only normal.

Dude, I was referring to the posts above by which two posters asked how my coworkers could not know KOHD, Smells like etc  

For your understanding: My point is that younger people - in this case my coworkers - weren’t familiar with the name GNR, even though they knew their massive hits which are common knowledge all over the world including Germany. Pretty simple, isn’t it?! 

6 minutes ago, 19AT5 said:

I was gonna ask the same thing! Haha!

It „breaks my heart“ that the names of my beloved bands seem to be „forgotten“ ;-) I wasn’t serious. Its just another sign of me getting old 😄

Edited by zigzagbigbag
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, zigzagbigbag said:

Dude, I was referring to the posts above by which two posters asked how my coworkers could not know KOHD, Smells like etc  

For your understanding: My point is that younger people - in this case my coworkers - weren’t familiar with the name GNR, even though they knew their massive hits which are common knowledge all over the world including Germany. Pretty simple, isn’t it?! 

It is. But I don't think you're right. Or it's probably the case for your coworkers, but that doesn't mean it's like that everywhere. 

Nevertheless, I think kids today grow up with a lot more musical knowledge due to the internet. They have a lot more access to music from before their time and from my experience most definitely know Guns N' Roses and are able to connect that name to a couple of the big hits that still receive a lot of airplay.

42 minutes ago, 6lake sa66ath said:

It's catchier than you think after the shock of the 1st listen wears off 

Oh Yeah! :headbang: It's crazy and wild; it could even be a new show opener because of its energy. I actually really like the drumming and the guitaring, the heavy rhythm and the solos. The song comes across like putting together the songs Perfect Crime and Chinese Democracy and coming up with something in-between. I like it!