ABSUЯD Single released at midnight

The more I listen(which must have been 100 times by now)the more I like it.

1-love that it’s a power move by axl and a fuck you to slash and duff

2-don’t play it live it. doesn’t work

3-maybe it’s my ears but the first two times I hear the line “screaming fucking banshee” it sounds like it started a quarter of a second early. They need to fix that.

Edited by circusboy666
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Free Bird said:

Why? In his book Slash said he didn't leave because of the musical differences and that he would have gone through an industrial album with Axl.

Ok. But what's when it's not Slash but it sounds like 80's hair metal? Or if it sounds like 80's hairmetal but it's without Slash? May I like it or do I hate it then? Sorry, I'm confused?

Why do I like some songs from CD that doesn't sound like 80's hair metal and haven't got Slash on it? Why do I dislike some of Slash's hair metal songs? :blink:

I think you have to explain that to me...:shrugs:

Oh it's at least 10yrs since I read it, but I have heard him in interviews throwing shade at the synth / keyboard stuff

15 minutes ago, Dean said:

Absolutely mental eh? I think it's mostly down to streams not being the preferred choice of media when Chinese was released, along with the abysmal promotion that it received coupled with the stigma that the album has attached to it, that's just my two cents though!

Hmm, I don't see how that fits with Prostitute being played so little. I guess I just think it's better than the Average Joe think it is.

1 minute ago, drlaban said:

Hmm, I don't see how that fits with Prostitute being played so little. I guess I just think it's better than the Average Joe think it is.

There's still people out there that haven't listened to the record, and with it being played so little in a live setting, it's not really getting any exposure to casual fans. The three CD songs that you mentioned all were staples following Duff and Slash coming back into the fold. I believe Persia made a graph demonstrating the spike in streams for the entirety of Chinese since the reunion took place, with the three that were getting the most plays live receiving the most streams.

1 minute ago, Dean said:

There's still people out there that haven't listened to the record, and with it being played so little in a live setting, it's not really getting any exposure to casual fans. The three CD songs that you mentioned all were staples following Duff and Slash coming back into the fold. I believe Persia made a graph demonstrating the spike in streams for the entirety of Chinese since the reunion took place, with the three that were getting the most plays live receiving the most streams.

True. I would like to see that graph!

11 minutes ago, circusboy666 said:

3-maybe it’s my ears but the first two times I hear the line “screaming ducking banshee” it sounds like it started a quarter of a second early. They need to fix that.

Its hard to think everyonw in the whole chain of recording/mixing/mastering would let this pass... So it must be intentional...

At the same time, Axl sang it on tempo live at Metlife...

So who knows?

But this out of tempo thing makes hard for me to like te song... Because I think instrumentally is a good song...

Seems like every thread is about Absurd, so I don't know where to post this exactly, but after watching Youtube-videos of the band performing it, especially the second time, they seem to really dig the song. At least, to me, it looked like they were a bit more animated than during older songs. Or not more animated, but differently animated. Excited.

Edited by jekylhyde
  • Like 1
  • ABSUЯD 2

31 minutes ago, Beto 22 said:

Its hard to think everyonw in the whole chain of recording/mixing/mastering would let this pass... So it must be intentional...

So who knows?

But this out of tempo thing makes hard for me to like te song... Because I think instrumentally is a good song...

It's super weird but the verses end on time. Imo it's absolutely impossible that this is a glitch nobody noticed. It's on purpose to add to the weirdness/ absurdity of the song. And the more I hear it the more I like it.

It would be better if Axl did it live in the same way now though.

Edited by El Guapo

33 minutes ago, Beto 22 said:

So who knows?

I'm right there with you. It ruins the song for me, it sounds like a serious editing mistake that breaks my immersion in the song.

10 hours ago, YOUCOULDBEMINE. said:

Of all the shit Axl had lying around. I don't know what to think. These are the original '99 vocals aren't they?

Think so. As it was performed at HOB 01, timelines suggest it was among the songs that had lead vocals in late '99. The plan back then was two albums, with the second more EDM with heavy guitars. Axl must still think Absurd really embodies that experimental side of Guns that he has wanted to explore all this time.

I hope Atlas is next, just really confuse everybody.

3 hours ago, dragan1978 said:

I just watched again Fenway gig and Absurd and I was literally laughing my ass off when Axl sang ,,screaming fucking banshees" and pointing finger directly to the crowd :)))

my guess is... they never cared, from their begining, what others think, they just do it their way.  And that is what draw me to them from the first time in 1991. 

so I will just enjoy the ride and enjoy the life in its fullness :)

Exactly, it's pure  GNR in that sense. You can also clearly tell that the band are loving this song, Slash especially. If they are making music that they love, more power to them.  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, GNRfanMILO said:

Axl literally said it at the show they debuted the song “It’s absurd we’re trying this”.

Get it? ITS A JOKE!!! And Slash and Duff are totally on board.

And the fact that people are getting triggered about it proves the whole damn thing. God move by Uncle Axl.

Honestly, that makes the song even worse. That really doesn’t prove anything. If it is all a big joke, then we can have a shitty song and another decade of silence?

I guess I don’t understand the whole joke angle. Even for people who enjoy the song and think it’s a big joke. Doesn’t it seem like there should be more to follow? If we only get one turd of a song as a joke and nothing else from all this, then I hope the people that enjoy this song really, REALLY enjoy it.

Edited by Zeppelin

I’ve read through this entire thread since the song dropped. I don’t recall it being mentioned, but this song has given me renewed hope that a record will drop in the fall. A couple weeks back when Slash announced the next Conspirators album for early 2022, I took that as a sign there was no Guns record on the immediate horizon. “Absurd” changed everything. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, GnR Chris said:

I’ve read through this entire thread since the song dropped. I don’t recall it being mentioned, but this song has given me renewed hope that a record will drop in the fall. A couple weeks back when Slash announced the next Conspirators album for early 2022, I took that as a sign there was no Guns record on the immediate horizon. “Absurd” changed everything. 

That's the difference between Shadow Of Your Love and Absurd. 

Shadow Of Your Love was released as the part of a box set while Absurd was always planned for a new album. 

Edited by Sosso

11 minutes ago, Zeppelin said:

Honestly, that makes the song even worse. That really doesn’t prove anything. If it is all a big joke, then we can have a shitty song and another decade of silence?

I guess I don’t understand the whole joke angle. Even for people who enjoy the song and think it’s a big joke. Doesn’t it seem like there should be more to follow? If we only get one turd of a song as a joke and nothing else from all this, then I hope the people that enjoy this song really, REALLY enjoy it.

I think some people misunderstood what his joke was. It was that he said its absurd that they are playing this while the crowd didn't know yet that the song was actually named Absurd. It was a simple play on words, a cheesy joke, nothing more and nothing implying that the song itself is a joke. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, GnR Chris said:

When will Guns tour the album then? This winter?

I mean, Slash must want to tour the Conspirators album?