ABSUЯD Single released at midnight

Slash will most likely release his album Dec 2021-Feb 2022 and tour on that until the GNR tour starts. Near the end of this year we should see another NA GNR tour announced for 2022 directly following the European tour. This will be "The Next Chapter", and should coincide will the album  release, basically what the plan was for 2020 before Covid.

There is zero percent chance of an album released this year. Motherfucking zero. As for Absurd, they are throwing the fans scraps in order to boost sales. Why the hell would they release an album at the tail end or after the NA tour, and so many months before the European tour?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

Slash will most likely release his album Dec 2021-Feb 2022 and tour on that until the GNR tour starts. Near the end of this year we should see another NA GNR tour announced for 2022 directly following the European tour. This will be "The Next Chapter", and should coincide will the album  release, basically what the plan was for 2020 before Covid.

There is zero percent chance of an album released this year. Motherfucking zero. As for Absurd, they are throwing the fans scraps in order to boost sales. Why the hell would they release an album at the tail end or after the NA tour, and so many months before the European tour?

Pretty much. There is absolutely no reason to release an album this year, especially nearing the end of the US tour and at the start of a potentially cancelled Aus/NZ tour. We may get Hardschool this year, but that will be it until mid-late next year i think.

1 minute ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

Pretty much. There is absolutely no reason to release an album this year, especially nearing the end of the US tour and at the start of a potentially cancelled Aus/NZ tour. We may get Hardschool this year, but that will be it until mid-late next year i think.

It was my thinking too. But if Slash wants to tour the Conspirators record in the GNR downtime (first half 2022), what does that mean for Guns N' Roses? New record drop in summer 2022? Oh my god, don't say that.

5 minutes ago, GnR Chris said:

It was my thinking too. But if Slash wants to tour the Conspirators record in the GNR downtime (first half 2022), what does that mean for Guns N' Roses? New record drop in summer 2022? Oh my god, don't say that.

New album coinciding with the 2022 European tour is the best case scenario at this point.

On 8/6/2021 at 7:32 PM, SoulMonster said:

Yeah! Get with the program! Any bad things that happen is TB's fault (and not Axl's) and anything good is Axl's doing despite TB efforts to twarth.

No. The point I was trying to make was that TB (add Slash+Duff) has no say in how and when the new material is released. It's all up to Axl.

And Yes, TB is a failure anyway.

And you know why they're unprofessional and pathetic? take a look at these. There are at least 30+ more:

https://i.ibb.co/zNpHMcM/Capture1.jpg

https://i.ibb.co/6P3bcNK/Capture3.jpg

Edited by ©GnrPersia
  • Sad 1

35 minutes ago, ©GnrPersia said:

No. The point I was trying to make was that TB (add Slash+Duff) has no say in how and when the new material is released. It's all up to Axl.

And Yes, TB is a failure anyway.

And you know why they're unprofessional and pathetic? take a look at these. There are at least 30+ more:

https://i.ibb.co/zNpHMcM/Capture1.jpg

https://i.ibb.co/6P3bcNK/Capture3.jpg

Nice. Thank you by take care of us. Now I believe even more. New management is better than the old one. Etc.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

Ha. Conventional logic used in regards to Axl/GNR…how soon did Axl tour after CD was released? Over a year wasn’t it? 

I think the whole album thing it's a little dated these days.

90% of the people dont care about an album anymore... People stream songs randomly these days, create playlists.

If GNR release a proper album or drops 1 song a month till next sumer would have the same effect to the music industry.

It ain't like the next release of GNR will make people get a physical outlet to listen  the songs .

It really doesn't matter if it will be a single, an EP, an album or a double album. The majority of people will buy their favourite tracks individually

My prediction based on solely speculation and my guess is that we will not get a full album.

"Absurd" will carry at least half of the tour. Then we'll probably get a second single sometime when half the tour is gone (Hard school). If we get very lucky, we'll get a third single during the European Tour (maybe Ain't Going Down for the release of the boxset). Then they will keep releasing individual songs when new tours keep happening, and they keep refreshing the tours with new singles from time to time (I hope I'm wrong though, because I would like a full album instead).

Somewhere in between 2021 and 2022 the Use Your Illusion boxset is released, maybe fall of 2021, that's my prediction too.

• Like 3

You know the more I listen to it (I still don't like it) the more I wonder if its designed not as a joke but as a meme. The chorus is ridiculous but is the kind of thing that could potentially but cut up and used in social media, more than a traditional song chorus. 

29 minutes ago, Beto 22 said:

I think the whole album thing it's a little dated these days.

90% of the people dont care about an album anymore... People stream songs randomly these days, create playlists.

If GNR release a proper album or drops 1 song a month till next sumer would have the same effect to the music industry.

It ain't like the next release of GNR will make people get a physical outlet to listen  the songs .

It really doesn't matter if it will be a single, an EP, an album or a double album. The majority of people will buy their favourite tracks individually

Good point.axl took over a decade trying to release the best rock album in history (to his mind anyway) and in that time not only did the music industry collapse/ transform but so did the sense of what was a proper musical product ie an album.

Saying that I read an interview with trent reznor last year about the importance of albus over singles and eps on streaming sites- he said albums will always come at the top if searches whereas singles  will eventually be buried by the algorithm. 

Edited by axl666

34 minutes ago, Beto 22 said:

The majority won't buy anything, they stream.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

Oh it's at least 10yrs since I read it, but I have heard him in interviews throwing shade at the synth / keyboard stuff

He isn't the biggest fan of synths, he said that in his book too, but that doesn't mean he isn't open minded to work with such things. He did work with synths on different occasions in example on Gotten iirc. Or think about the Monster thing he did a few years ago.

7 hours ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

I wonder how much of a grace period this bought the fanbase before discontentment rises again. In 2019 the leaks brought happiness for a moment but at the same time it raised excitement for a new album and I guarantee the reaction to nothing materializing in 2020 was way worse than it would have been with no leaks. We're riding high now but if nothing else changes over the course of the tour how long will that last?

If they can pull off an official release of Hard School this year as well, that will keep us off their backs for the rest of 2020. If 2021 goes by without at least a handful of new tracks or an album, then it'll be back to hatred and daggers. 

Edited by Towelie

5 hours ago, circusboy666 said:

The more I listen(which must have been 100 times by now)the more I like it.

1-love that it’s a power move by axl and a fuck you to slash and duff

2-don’t play it live it. doesn’t work

3-maybe it’s my ears but the first two times I hear the line “screaming fucking banshee” it sounds like it started a quarter of a second early. They need to fix that.

Wait how is it a fuck you to Slash and Duff if Slash and Duff dig the song enough to add parts to it and play it? :lol:

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

Wait how is it a fuck you to Slash and Duff if Slash and Duff dig the song enough to add parts to it and play it? :lol:

Because he is telling them they have to play HIS Guns N’ Roses. Re-record over a song so old and not their musicals style.You think for a half a second that would be the first single they would release if they had any say at all? 

Those cowards are only around for the cash grab anyway.

Edited by circusboy666
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, circusboy666 said:

Because he is telling them they have to play HIS Guns N’ Roses. Re-record over a song so old and not their musicals style.You think for a half a second that would be the first single they would release if they had any say at all? 

Those cowards are only around for the cash grab anyway.

Or maybe they're just older and simply don't give a shit about that petty stuff like they did in their late 20s/30s?

• Like 3