ABSUЯD Single released at midnight

6 minutes ago, Homefuck said:

It made me confused the first times I listened to it too. But I think Axl is Into those kind of things in music, small things that sounds "off". The industrial scene that he obviously is a fan of is full of them. Slagging each other off because you differ in your subjective taste in music seems pretty unnecessary, no?

Agreed about the sagging off, but I went on the attack against whoever 'norespect1982' is because, well, it seemed kinda deserved lol. 

It could have been an artistic choice regarding the badly placed vocal paste, but it just doesn't seem to work at all

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, ToonGuns said:

There is a copy and paste glitch in the vocals. Second verse from memory. I wouldn't try and find it to be honest as once you've heard it once you'll never unhear it. If you've not spotted it yet you're in luck.

Can you please listen the song for me and tell the time code when it happens? 

6 hours ago, megaguns1982 said:

I’d say the chances of australia are at about 0%. Were being fucked by covid right now, but a new release would be awesome and lift the mood

Not sure if fucked by Covid or fucked by our shitty governments. 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, ToonGuns said:

There is a copy and paste glitch in the vocals. Second verse from memory. I wouldn't try and find it to be honest as once you've heard it once you'll never unhear it. If you've not spotted it yet you're in 

If I remember correctly someone asked Axl about this when he was chatting on the forum. I dont remember what his reply was and couldnt find it.

8 minutes ago, JimiRose said:

The vocal 'mistakes' in scraped and in absurd are 100% intentional. people don't have to like them. But they don't slip through the net of several producers and the entire band and management after 3000 listens each. especially in absurd where it's every verse. The vocal has just been dragged back on pro tools by a beat. it doesn't overlap the previous line, it just immediately follows. Just studio trickery. I don't know why Axl would want that, that's pure speculation. But to suggest it's an error is more than ridiculous. 

This. It's impossible that it's a "mistake". Like I said before, I find it more problematic that he doesn't replicate it on stage. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, JimiRose said:

The vocal 'mistakes' in scraped and in absurd are 100% intentional. people don't have to like them. But they don't slip through the net of several producers and the entire band and management after 3000 listens each. especially in absurd where it's every verse. The vocal has just been dragged back on pro tools by a beat. it doesn't overlap the previous line, it just immediately follows. Just studio trickery. I don't know why Axl would want that, that's pure speculation. But to suggest it's an error is more than ridiculous. 

It’s not every verse though, it’s back to normal by the last verse. I haven’t listened to Scraped in a long time, so I’m not even sure if there is errors in there. I am curious about Absurd though, it may be the instrumentation muting the end of ‘deserve’, but it does sound like he doesn’t finish singing that particular word.

6 hours ago, Norespect1982 said:

You “don’t get”. You are not an artist, presumably not a musician, have no musical talent, not really in a position to judge the artistic choices of a band that has sold millions of albums and say that they have let a mistake slip through. If you don’t get it than thats your problem. Personally that off beat timing of “screaming fucking banshee” is one of the best things about the song. It’s chaotic, frantic and aggressive. I love it.

This is a forum. Regardless of anyone’s musical background, they’ll be sure to comment on anything this band release, whether good or bad, and you thinking otherwise won’t stop that. Cop on.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, JimiRose said:

Axl seems to like running lines into each other where they’re not supposed to, see Slither for example, he sings “that’s the spot, whereyouruntomemightseesometypeofpleasure, in my mind”

And of course, in both instances, they sound ridiculous…:lol:

Edited by metallex78
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

23 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

Regardind Scraped, I think it's the  "my life's a catastophe" bit people are wondering about. I immediately heard it but never thought it might be a glitch or a mistake. 

The voice crack? It sounds fine to my ears, I just can’t help but not hear the cutting on Absurd though. That is my only issue on an otherwise unthinkable event of this band releasing music!! Hopefully it’s a sign of things to come.

Edited by Dean

It’s intentional. You think the band just missed it in editing?

It’s a common staple of electronic music - specifically the industrial music of the mid to late 90s, which Axl was clearly influenced by. Back then, the idea was to jar the listener by drawing attention to the “artificial” nature of the song. “Yes, the vocals are chopped and processed - fuck you.”

It works quite nicely in Absurd, actually. Even a beat back, it’s never quite off-beat but it’s close enough to give the song some tension. The way the line shifts slightly in each verse before finally landing “correctly” in the final verse actually gives a sense of fruition to the song.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, GoodOlJohnnyK said:

It’s intentional. You think the band just missed it in editing?

It’s a common staple of electronic music - specifically the industrial music of the mid to late 90s, which Axl was clearly influenced by. Back then, the idea was to jar the listener by drawing attention to the “artificial” nature of the song. “Yes, the vocals are chopped and processed - fuck you.”

It works quite nicely in Absurd, actually. Even a beat back, it’s never quite off-beat but it’s close enough to give the song some tension. The way the line shifts slightly in each verse before finally landing “correctly” in the final verse actually gives a sense of fruition to the song.

Anything is possible. If it is a staple of the industrial scene of the late 90's, they certainly never recorded it in that way initially if you listen to the Village leak. The vocals themselves with the FX on top really do not bother me at all, if anything, I love the delivery as it's in a similar vain to how he approached Down on the Farm, but that particular bit in the song baffles me. It seems to split opinion anyway, going by some of the posts in this thread and that is ok - as the saying goes, you can't please everyone.

Edited by Dean

2 hours ago, JimiRose said:

You know, for the longest time I thought wow how could Axl let scraped get released after how many years and still have a vocal error/pop in the second verse. But now I know it’s obviously intentional. What gives it away is the line he’s singing, “sometimes I feel like my life’s a catastrophe.” Yeah I don’t like how he moved up that vocal line in the first 2 verses of absurd. Just another example of tinkering with something long past it’s time 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ToonGuns said:

There is a copy and paste glitch in the vocals. Second verse from memory. I wouldn't try and find it to be honest as once you've heard it once you'll never unhear it. If you've not spotted it yet you're in luck.

In the line "Sometimes I think my mind is a catastrophy.

Don't know if  it's a edit mistake or bad Autotune adjustment, but it's there