ABSUЯD Single released at midnight

31 minutes ago, Beto 22 said:

In the line "Sometimes I think my mind is a catastrophy.

Don't know if  it's a edit mistake or bad Autotune adjustment, but it's there

It's an edit mistake, much like Bumblefoot outro solo in Catcher that suddenly ends with a dry cut. 

There's a mistake in Human Being too, when you faintly hear Axl beginning to sing the chorus again, but it then gets cut. 

IMO, Absurd does have a mistake: the last silence break of the song at the 3:04 mark has the amp white noise still going on. This should be muted.

4 hours ago, JimiRose said:

The vocal 'mistakes' in scraped and in absurd are 100% intentional. people don't have to like them. But they don't slip through the net of several producers and the entire band and management after 3000 listens each. especially in absurd where it's every verse. The vocal has just been dragged back on pro tools by a beat. it doesn't overlap the previous line, it just immediately follows. Just studio trickery. I don't know why Axl would want that, that's pure speculation. But to suggest it's an error is more than ridiculous. 

In the case of Absurd, I agree that it was a very conscious decision to glue together the vocal lines to sound off-beat and uneasy, as this is the very theme of the song. 

It's not like Bad Apples, where he overlaps the singing, though. That wasn't a mistake either, but it was also weird. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Some of the posts in this thread have not aged well :lol::

What a nice little blast from the past. Had to see if I had commented anything there and I actually agree with everything that I said back then: "I never liked the live version of Silkworms and I'm not a fan of this one either. But the 2018 leak is a whole different story. That version rocks!"

I still love the 2018 leak and this new version also. I just prefer Absurd over Silkworms.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

It's not like Bad Apples, where he overlaps the singing, though. That wasn't a mistake either, but it was also weird. 

Way off topic, but I can't stand the EQ on Axl's voice in a lot of UYI songs, especially this one, it's very hard to grasp what he's saying, also the tone is very annoying. 

• GNFNR 1

1 minute ago, Lies They Tell said:

What a nice little blast from the past. Had to see if I had commented anything there and I actually agree with everything that I said back then: "I never liked the live version of Silkworms and I'm not a fan of this one either. But the 2018 leak is a whole different story. That version rocks!"

I still love the 2018 leak and this new version also. I just prefer Absurd over Silkworms.

Absurdly Unpopular Opinion: As much as I love the release and the whole idea of this band functioning again, I was listening the old leak the other day and... I miss Chris Pittman's synths on the song.:smiley-confused2:

• GNFNR 1
  • ABSUЯD 1

1 hour ago, jafeijo said:

Absurdly Unpopular Opinion: As much as I love the release and the whole idea of this band functioning again, I was listening the old leak the other day and... I miss Chris Pittman's synths on the song.:smiley-confused2:

You know, idk if its just me, but I can still hear them in the official release, however it only occurs twice, and at a low volume in the background.

I never really understood why Axl or Caram decided to purposely shift "screaming fucking banshee..." off rhythm. Live he sings it on rhythm like the leak

Edited by Mendez

The so called "glitch" in the vocals sounds like it was maybe an accident that they liked the sound of so just kept. Obviously he sung it with the gap between those lines in the original live performances in 2001 but it could have just been them editing that line in Protools and moving it back slightly by mistake. Although it sounds a bit odd, it's still technically in sync with the rest of the music so they just left it that way.

26 minutes ago, Gimpy Hewitt said:

After listening to this a lot I’ve discovered that the thing that bothers me most is that they mixed the “screaming fucking banshee” line in a beat too early and it really bothers me lol

Same here. Every time it happens, I almost say "NO" out loud haha

• Like 1

13 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

I am a "musician" and I definitely think its just lazy editing, its the same fucking vocal track from 1999. Its a mess

:rofl-lol:

This is so silly. "Lazy editing" led to "screaming" coming in early in the first two verses? All they would have had to do is drag and drop the third verse if they really wanted it done that way. Clearly it's intentional. You don't have to like it. 

• Like 1

Just now, GnR Chris said:

If "life's a catastrophe" is really a glitch in "Scraped," then why hasn't it been corrected? It isn't hard to re-upload a song on streaming services. 

Back to "Absurd" ... I can't get enough.

Both things are intentional goddamit! 100% definately!! 

Can we stop this now please? :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Honestly, now after I got used to it for a couple of days I can't believe how great that song is. 

The instrumental is really good. Just the lyrics are incredibly lazy and it kind of ruins the song. I know, it's a fun little song and not supposed to be Estranged ... I can live with the chorus but repeating the same verse three times plus "pussy full of maggots" ... just pure shit.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheGeneral said:

Honestly, now after I got used to it for a couple of days I can't believe how great that song is. 

The instrumental is really good. Just the lyrics are incredibly lazy and it kind of ruins the song. I know, it's a fun little song and not supposed to be Estranged ... I can live with the chorus but repeating the same verse three times plus "pussy full of maggots" ... just pure shit.

It is curious as to why he didn't bother to write a proper second and third verse. Repeating the same verse on a loop does seem very lazy.

They glitch is a mistake and not on purpose. So sad seeing people here defend the copy paste Karma that has caught up to this lazy band.

and same 3 verses over and over? It doesn’t get any lazier.  

the only reason clowns think this song is good is because they stopped listening to good GN’R.  Go listen to Better again and realize what a steaming pile of crap Absurd is. They didn’t like it 20 years ago but now it’s good? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Towelie said:

It is curious as to why he didn't bother to write a proper second and third verse. Repeating the same verse on a loop does seem very lazy.

I mean, what other lyrics would the song need? 

Brain full of tumours? 

Stomach full with moms spaghetti? 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Mendez said:

You know, idk if its just me, but I can still hear them in the official release, however it only occurs twice, and at a low volume in the background.

I never really understood why Axl or Caram decided to purposely shift "screaming fucking banshee..." off rhythm. Live he sings it on rhythm like the leak

Sure they do, but my point was - the 2000 version of Silkworms was a synth-based song, and now it has this huge guitar wall over everything else, even the drums are kind of buried in the mix. I personally like both, but I understand people reacting to this version as a strange thing - it kind of lost its identity. 

4 minutes ago, Sosso said:

I mean, what other lyrics would the song need? 

Brain full of tumours? 

Stomach full with moms spaghetti? 

IMO they should have kept the instrumental arrangements as they are and scrapped the lyrics and vocals all together. Write something new, something that makes sense and isn't disgusting. Even if they end up being nothing special, anything is better than what they released it with.

• Haha 1