Jump to content

ABSUЯD Single released at midnight


Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Lies They Tell said:

What a nice little blast from the past. Had to see if I had commented anything there and I actually agree with everything that I said back then: "I never liked the live version of Silkworms and I'm not a fan of this one either. But the 2018 leak is a whole different story. That version rocks!"

I still love the 2018 leak and this new version also. I just prefer Absurd over Silkworms.

Absurdly Unpopular Opinion: As much as I love the release and the whole idea of this band functioning again, I was listening the old leak the other day and... I miss Chris Pittman's synths on the song.:smiley-confused2:

  • GNFNR 2
  • ABSUЯD 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think the live versions of early 2001 as far as structure goes much better than the actual release. I think the chorus melody used to give a breath to the whole A/A/B structure before the interlude...

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, jafeijo said:

Absurdly Unpopular Opinion: As much as I love the release and the whole idea of this band functioning again, I was listening the old leak the other day and... I miss Chris Pittman's synths on the song.:smiley-confused2:

You know, idk if its just me, but I can still hear them in the official release, however it only occurs twice, and at a low volume in the background.

 

 

I never really understood why Axl or Caram decided to purposely shift "screaming fucking banshee..." off rhythm. Live he sings it on rhythm like the leak

Edited by Mendez
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The so called "glitch" in the vocals sounds like it was maybe an accident that they liked the sound of so just kept. Obviously he sung it with the gap between those lines in the original live performances in 2001 but it could have just been them editing that line in Protools and moving it back slightly by mistake. Although it sounds a bit odd, it's still technically in sync with the rest of the music so they just left it that way.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Gimpy Hewitt said:

After listening to this a lot I’ve discovered that the thing that bothers me most is that they mixed the “screaming fucking banshee” line in a beat too early and it really bothers me lol

Same here. Every time it happens, I almost say "NO" out loud haha

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

I am a "musician" and I definitely think its just lazy editing, its the same fucking vocal track from 1999. Its a mess

:rofl-lol:

This is so silly. "Lazy editing" led to "screaming" coming in early in the first two verses? All they would have had to do is drag and drop the third verse if they really wanted it done that way. Clearly it's intentional. You don't have to like it. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, GnR Chris said:

If "life's a catastrophe" is really a glitch in "Scraped," then why hasn't it been corrected? It isn't hard to re-upload a song on streaming services. 

Back to "Absurd" ... I can't get enough.

Both things are intentional goddamit! 100% definately!! 

Can we stop this now please? :D

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Honestly, now after I got used to it for a couple of days I can't believe how great that song is. 

The instrumental is really good. Just the lyrics are incredibly lazy and it kind of ruins the song. I know, it's a fun little song and not supposed to be Estranged ... I can live with the chorus but repeating the same verse three times plus "pussy full of maggots" ... just pure shit.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, TheGeneral said:

Honestly, now after I got used to it for a couple of days I can't believe how great that song is. 

The instrumental is really good. Just the lyrics are incredibly lazy and it kind of ruins the song. I know, it's a fun little song and not supposed to be Estranged ... I can live with the chorus but repeating the same verse three times plus "pussy full of maggots" ... just pure shit.

It is curious as to why he didn't bother to write a proper second and third verse. Repeating the same verse on a loop does seem very lazy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, 2020_Intensions said:

I'm not denying that they are (or could be seen) as offensive to women, I just personally don't cars 😅

That's because you're not a woman. 

Edited by fantomas
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

They glitch is a mistake and not on purpose. So sad seeing people here defend the copy paste Karma that has caught up to this lazy band.

and same 3 verses over and over? It doesn’t get any lazier.  
 

the only reason clowns think this song is good is because they stopped listening to good GN’R.  Go listen to Better again and realize what a steaming pile of crap Absurd is. They didn’t like it 20 years ago but now it’s good? 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Towelie said:

It is curious as to why he didn't bother to write a proper second and third verse. Repeating the same verse on a loop does seem very lazy.

I mean, what other lyrics would the song need? 

Brain full of tumours? 

Stomach full with moms spaghetti? 

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Mendez said:

You know, idk if its just me, but I can still hear them in the official release, however it only occurs twice, and at a low volume in the background.

 

 

I never really understood why Axl or Caram decided to purposely shift "screaming fucking banshee..." off rhythm. Live he sings it on rhythm like the leak

Sure they do, but my point was - the 2000 version of Silkworms was a synth-based song, and now it has this huge guitar wall over everything else, even the drums are kind of buried in the mix. I personally like both, but I understand people reacting to this version as a strange thing - it kind of lost its identity. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Sosso said:

I mean, what other lyrics would the song need? 

Brain full of tumours? 

Stomach full with moms spaghetti? 

IMO they should have kept the instrumental arrangements as they are and scrapped the lyrics and vocals all together. Write something new, something that makes sense and isn't disgusting. Even if they end up being nothing special, anything is better than what they released it with.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, Jw224 said:

It's definitely intentional. Stops being as noticeable after a few listens but is rather jarring at first. 

Agree.

And it is only jarring because it is different to what we are used to.

Both versions work fine. If anything the "new" way starting a beat earlier has more impact. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, alangarcianr said:

Whats The correct lyrics?

Screaming fucking Virgin or banshee?

and in the second verse 

fucking little schemer lost yourself inside the art?

Screaming fucking banshee and fucking little schemer lost yourself inside the art yeah 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...