ABSUЯD Single released at midnight

Duff played it on his latest radio show and said afterwards that it's fun to play, throws people off a bit and something else I didn't get. Around 45 min mark.

https://player.siriusxm.com/on-demand-episodes/buzzsaw/cc9565d2-9c76-64de-9290-c924ed70e3b4/audio/page-name%3Dedp_episodes&showGuid%3Dcc9565d2-9c76-64de-9290-c924ed70e3b4

• GNFNR 1

On 8/13/2021 at 1:04 PM, A.J. said:

That's because the banshee part really was pasted in the wrong place in the 1st and 2nd verse. This is an obvious mistake, because live Axl has the timing right and always sings it like in verse 3. Okay, some might want to point out now that Axl has had so many timing issues over the past years, but the only timing issues here are with the copy/paste job in the released version. Some tech guy screwed up...

It’s not a mistake. Jesus Christ.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Bansidhe said:

is-that-right-aye.jpg

If Silkworms can happen, ANYTHING can happen! I do wonder though, if ‘Tastes Good, Don’t It’ WAS the next single released, how many GNR fans would start saying they love it and if Beta would insist it was ‘new music’ 😂

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, GNFNRUK said:

The first single was a reworking of ‘Silkworms’. I hear this is the next one to be reworked and released, coming later this year! This is shaping to be one hell of an album!

Please don't post unofficial videos, they will get removed from YT if you post them here

more information here.

15 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Duff played it on his latest radio show and said afterwards that it's fun to play, throws people off a bit and something else I didn't get. Around 45 min mark.

https://player.siriusxm.com/on-demand-episodes/buzzsaw/cc9565d2-9c76-64de-9290-c924ed70e3b4/audio/page-name%3Dedp_episodes&showGuid%3Dcc9565d2-9c76-64de-9290-c924ed70e3b4

That can’t be right…..apparently they are embarrassed to play it…..🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • ABSUЯD 1

I don't know who all cares about streaming numbers (though there's no denying it's a focal unit of measurement for music nowadays), but ABSUЯD has officially surpassed over 1 million streams on Spotify after only 10 days. 

We don't really have anything to compare that number to given this is their first track they've dropped on this platform in real time (not counting Shadow), but it's still pretty damn cool. Good for them. 

• Like 1
  • ABSUЯD 1

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

At first I thought "oh, that's a good number" then I thought exactly what you said next: I have no idea if that's a good number or not lol. 

I'm sure people can work that number to fit their argument though. For me, it's a big deal. That number says to me that a lot of people do like the song. 

That number means a lot of people were interested, or listen to a GNR playlist. Doesn't necessarily mean they like it. I struggle to listen to the Villiage version because it takes nearly a full minute for the song to start. Loving Absurd, really impressed with how it turned out.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Coma16 said:

That number means a lot of people were interested, or listen to a GNR playlist. Doesn't necessarily mean they like it. I struggle to listen to the Villiage version because it takes nearly a full minute for the song to start. Loving Absurd, really impressed with how it turned out.

Poorly worded on my part I guess. I wouldn't mean to suggest that we know listeners opinion on the track. My guess was that 1 million listens means people listened to it multiple times, suggesting that they like it. 

2 hours ago, agustingloger said:

That's not a good number at all but no one cares about rock today .. and GNR less 🤣 Argentinean producer Bizarrap had like 10 millions views in ONE day but that's the music from 2021

That's a good number for what a ROCK song can achieve in 2021. No one was stupid enough to compare it to the mainstream genres here in judging that. I'd struggle to name a Rock song that reached 1 million so quickly in the last 10 years to be honest actually, and I think not one comes to mind for you either.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

That's a good number for what a ROCK song can achieve in 2021. No one was stupid enough to compare it to the mainstream genres here in judging that. I'd struggle to name a Rock song that reached 1 million so quickly in the last 10 years to be honest actually, and I think not one comes to mind for you either.

Yeah i know and you're right. I was just saying that rock is far from being relevant today. They made history back in the 90's they are already legends. But music today is a whole different creature. i don't mean they aren't relevant to rock music but nothing they put out or do right now would change things neither make history like they did before. If they release new albums would be great though

1 hour ago, agustingloger said:

Yeah i know and you're right. I was just saying that rock is far from being relevant today. They made history back in the 90's they are already legends. But music today is a whole different creature. i don't mean they aren't relevant to rock music but nothing they put out or do right now would change things neither make history like they did before. If they release new albums would be great though

I think people are still excited to see what an Axl and Slash collaboration will come up with. The last time they released anything new together we got songs like Estranged or Civil War. If they come out with just a few truly great songs (2-3) and release those as singles with proper videos I think that album could be massive too, GNR is one of the most popular bands in existence already. It's sort of like if Nirvana could still get together and release something for the first time since 1993, GNR is kind of in the same boat, except that they actually can release something new. GNR has been basically "gone" since that year too.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown

1 hour ago, youngswedishvinyl said:

I've said it before but my biggest take away from this release is how good Hard Skool is going to sound with Slash and Duff!

Definitely. As much as I was leaning towards wanting a batch of brand new songs as opposed to the leftovers, they managed to take what I previously considered the second worst song performed under the GNR name and turn it into something that I genuinely enjoy. Now imagine what they can do with something that's already a solid rocker, like Hard School.

• Like 2