ABSUЯD Single released at midnight

17 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I haven't heard it on the radio but a friend of mine works is a DJ on the rock station here in Detroit. He said they did get a file labeled "radio edit". I haven't heard it, but I'm guessing the censored words are just dropped out of the mix. 

👍 I figured. Means I could actually play it in certain locations without worrying….🤣

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Towelie said:

The fact that some fans think this was a mistake rather than an artistic choice is actually hilarious. :lol:

It’s exactly the same vocal take from the village recordings which are very old and had that line in time and placed correctly. In the “new” Absurd recording, the final verse around 2:50 has the line about “screaming fucking banshee…” in the same correct timing/placement as the older recording and live performance. The earlier verses, where the line comes in early (and on top of the previous vocal line), show it’s clearly a copy/paste error.

17 hours ago, RussTCB said:

I still haven't even listened to any of the sound checks, so I'll be surprised by whatever changes if/when they play it live. 

Spoiler: The studio version will be Robin and Buckethead in the right channel, and Slash and Fortus in the left, trying to keep up. :D

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Scarstruck said:

It’s exactly the same vocal take from the village recordings which are very old and had that line in time and placed correctly. In the “new” Absurd recording, the final verse around 2:50 has the line about “screaming fucking banshee…” in the same correct timing/placement as the older recording and live performance. The earlier verses, where the line comes in early (and on top of the previous vocal line), show it’s clearly a copy/paste error.

There is the 2006 version with Bumblefoot and the "error" is there. So I'm leaning towards it being intentional, since they chose to use the 2006 vocal mix and not the Village one.

• Like 2

My guess is that it's both. An error and intentional decision. More precisely, someone edited the vocal track out of sync by accident, but instead of fixing it, they thought it sounded cool and decided to keep it like that. 

On 8/15/2021 at 5:23 AM, Norespect1982 said:

It’s not a mistake. Jesus Christ.

I think it is, they've clearly been pasted over a beat early.

It wasn't like this on the demos and he doesn't sing it like this.

Like that stupid little 'boop' after the second 'It Don't Really Matter' in CD.  I remember people saying he won't leave that in - some even claimed it was intentional to help trace leaks.  Then it was in the album version.

Also the wailing that quickly silenced after the "and so afraid" in Madagascar.  Sounds like he was going to start a new verse then they cut it.  Again, I remember people saying that would be cut, but they left it in.

Like I said elsewhere - this utter utter nonsense about him being a 'perfectionist' needs to be put to bed.

He is obviously talented, and when he's good he's very good - but he serves up absolute garbage at times.  Poorly produced cut and pastes, and some dreadful songs.

A perfectionist wouldn't dream of writing Scraped/Riad/Silkworms - let alone recording them.  This guy actually RELEASED them.

The well is dry, he's given up, he's not going to write/record anything and you're all waiting for an album of reworked demos from 99 with his original vocal and some covers they recorded a while ago.

I've told everyone the 'new' album tracklist.

Bookmark this post.  If this album ever sees the light of day, guarantee the below will be 90% accurate as a minimum:

• HardSkool (99 vocal)
  • Atlas Shrugged (99 vocal)
  • Going Down (Duff on Vocal)
  • Silkworms (99 vocal)
  • New Duff Song
  • Knocking on Heavens Door (99 vocal)
  • The General (07 vocal)
  • Perhaps (99 vocal)
  • PRL (instrumental with Thyme)
  • Duff punk song (this ones for Johnny!)
  • Cover (07 vocal possibly Light My Fire)
  • Oh My God (99 Vocal)

So you can all entertain yourself about how 'amusing' Pele is, while you wait for imaginary, completed versions of D-Tune, Zodiac, Berlin, Quick Song, As it Began, Curly Shuffle etc etc, or even worse - brand new Axl/Slash/Duff compositions.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

People still thinking the out of time vocal is an error. :facepalm: Things like this are good, they remind you about the true IQ of humanity. 

Axl has done these things with his vocal before. The 2006 mix has it.  It happens in 2 verses. You think slash and duff listened and missed it? And Axl? And the 300 people who have probably helped mix it? And TB? And not only that, they've left it out for a week and not made a single comment on it? It is intentional. It is easy to do. It is not a copy and past error. It comes in 1 beat early but doesn't cross over the previous vocal. It then comes in half a beat early in the 2nd verse. Then is in time in the 3rd. It's very intentional. Have a play on pro tools or logik. Now imagine Axl sitting there for 21 years mulling over a song. Either way stop clogging this thread with stupidity. 

Edited by JimiRose
typo
  • Like 1
  • ABSUЯD 1

21 minutes ago, JimiRose said:

People still thinking the out of time vocal is an error. :facepalm: Things like this are good, they remind you about the true IQ of humanity. 

Axl has done these things with his vocal before. The 2006 mix has it.  It happens in 2 verses. You think slash and duff listened and missed it? And Axl? And the 300 people who have probably helped mix it? And TB? And not only that, they've left it out for a week and not made a single comment on it? It is intentional. It is easy to do. It is not a copy and past error. It comes in 1 beat early but doesn't cross over the previous vocal. It then comes in half a beat early in the 2nd verse. Then is in time in the 3rd. It's very intentional. Have a play on pro tools or logik. Now imagine Axl sitting there for 21 years mulling over a song. Either way stop clogging this thread with stupidity. 

Haha - still with the 'deliberate, meticulous, perfectionist' notion.

He has a very very average producer cutting and pasting poor to average songs together.

At some point, the demo went out of synch when they were pasting the vox back over another line-up change.  But 'who cares' it was just a demo of a poor song.

For contractual reasons, Rose has had to deliver a new song and he's hurriedly got the afore-mentioned average producer to record yet more instrumental work and paste it in.

300 helped mix it? LOL.  Slash probably didn't even listen to it once he's submitted his part.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, invisible_rose said:

Spoke to a very casual fan today. He said Absurd made him wish he was deaf...

I get we are all GNR/Axl Rose fans but people now claiming to like this are debating in bad faith IMO.

It's all objectionable to a degree, but it's utter utter garbage.

If a college group played this at a battle of the bands they would get booed off stage.

If Sum 41 or Avril Lavine included it on their next album, it would likely be the worst track.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Pele said:

Haha - still with the 'deliberate, meticulous, perfectionist' notion.

He has a very very average producer cutting and pasting poor to average songs together.

At some point, the demo went out of synch when they were pasting the vox back over another line-up change.  But 'who cares' it was just a demo of a poor song.

For contractual reasons, Rose has had to deliver a new song and he's hurriedly got the afore-mentioned average producer to record yet more instrumental work and paste it in.

300 helped mix it? LOL.  Slash probably didn't even listen to it once he's submitted his part.

This is all such nonsense. It isn't a "copy and paste error" just because you don't like the way they edited it.

Edited by GnR Chris
  • Like 4

No doubt, I'm hungry to hear more (who isn't at this point?)...BUT...I'm listening to this again on my headphones right now, and man, I'm just in awe that a real, officially released, recording with Axl, Slash & Duff EXISTS.  It wasn't too long ago where just one song, and yeah, even "Silkworms" would have seemed like an utter pipe dream. Who wouldn't want more of this?

• Like 2
  • ABSUЯD 1

27 minutes ago, GnR Chris said:

This is all such nonsense. It isn't a "copy and paste error" just because you don't like the way they edited it.

Haha please.

It's not some masterpiece they've been meticulous working on!

It's the result of a lazy, unmotivated singer handing over a demo to a bored producer who has asked equally bored musicians to quickly add some parts and they've rushed it out.

Some of you acting like this is the end result of some epic vision of 20 years.  It's a garbage demo that they've thrown out quickly because they have to.

People need to realize the delays in everything Rose does are not because he's some super perfectionist.  It's because most of his work is poor to average, and he is unmotivated, incredibly lazy, and full of paranoia and self doubt.

That's why poor songs take decades for him to finish.

• Like 3
  • GNFNR 1

The mixing is my biggest gripe with this song. It just seems off. Guitars and vocals drown out the drums and other layers. The village demos and the 2008 CD songs are masterpieces of mixing in comparison, unless it's just me.

What do the audiophiles have to say on this? Some have said it's not the best.

5 minutes ago, GnR Chris said:

Literally no one said this is the end result of some epic 20-year vision.

Hence me saying 'acting like'.

Someone said earlier, Axl has worked on it for 20 years and has likely had over 300 people mixing it lol.

1 minute ago, Sweersa said:

The mixing is my biggest gripe with this song. It just seems off. Guitars and vocals drown out the drums and other layers. The village demos and the 2008 CD songs are masterpieces of mixing in comparison, unless it's just me.

What do the audiophiles have to say on this? Some have said it's not the best.

Yeah, it's just lazy rushed crap, likely thrown together the day Slash submitted his solo.

• Like 1