ABSUЯD Single released at midnight

3 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

I've bookmarked this as well as your similar post in the other thread.

Why do you think there will be an instrumental and why that will be PRL/Thyme and not another one? I'm really curious about how your mind works.

Any way, I give you 50% correct for your list. So what will you do if it's 50% incorrect?

I’ll second that @Pele 

4 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

I've bookmarked this as well as your similar post in the other thread.

Why do you think there will be an instrumental and why that will be PRL/Thyme and not another one? I'm really curious about how your mind works.

Any way, I give you 50% correct for your list. So what will you do if it's 50% incorrect?

The PRL/Thyme song isn't a given, however there was some significance to PRL and Thyme was sent for additional work (and is actually very good).

PRL was high priority in 2001-2003 but it may have been abandoned due to Rose not completing lyrics or recording vocals. 

If Cuban Skies or State of Grace were ever finished, then they may replace but I think SOG was also abandoned.

It will be way more than 50% correct.  Take that to the bank.

4 minutes ago, GnR Chris said:

It would be hilarious if the new record drops and there are no new vocal takes on anything. That means "Rock the Rock" will still be the newest studio studio-recorded vocals.

Hilarious?  This is reality my friend.

2 minutes ago, Pele said:

The PRL/Thyme song isn't a given, however there was some significance to PRL and Thyme was sent for additional work (and is actually very good).

PRL was high priority in 2001-2003 but it may have been abandoned due to Rose not completing lyrics or recording vocals. 

If Cuban Skies or State of Grace were ever finished, then they may replace but I think SOG was also abandoned.

Okay, I have noted that you said your list is 90%+ correct.

2 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Okay, I have noted that you said your list is 90%+ correct.

Note it.  Bookmark it.  Spread the word.

Deduct the Duff song and remove any allowances for additional Duff songs (including Going Down) and other instrumentals.

90% guaranteed on Rose's contributions.

There were 3-4 other tracks being considered and I don't believe he finished them.

15 minutes ago, Pele said:

Hilarious?  This is reality my friend.

I haven't paid attention to you lately, having dismissed you as an attention-seeking troll, but are you now saying you have insider information regarding the fate of these songs and aren't just giving opinions? How do you know PRL was a high priority up to 2003 and that Thyme was sent for additional work? In short, why should I believe this isn't just another effort to get attention after your spamming of you opinions on track list has become passé? 

Edited by SoulMonster
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

Pele's mind would be blown if he saw the vault. 

They have at least 2 albums worth of completed material that has yet to be released, not counting Silkworms. ;P

I respect your input and enjoy your posts - but there isn't.

They'll say there is, but there isn't.

They didn't even finish 100 Cuban Skies.

The bulk of 'The Vault' are instrumentals and samples composed and put together by ex-members completely untouched by the singer.

1 minute ago, Pele said:

Note it.  Bookmark it.  Spread the word.

Deduct the Duff song and remove any allowances for additional Duff songs (including Going Down) and other instrumentals.

90% guaranteed on Rose's contributions.

There were 3-4 other tracks being considered and I don't believe he finished them.

Oh, I see you're moving the goal posts by taking half of your list back now.

• Like 2

Just now, SoulMonster said:

I haven't paid attention to you lately, having dismissed you as an attention-seeking troll, but are you now saying you have insider information regarding the fate of these songs and aren't just giving opinions? How do you know PRL was a high priority up to 2003 and that Thyme was sent for additional work! In short, why should I believe this isn't just another effort to get attention after your spamming of you opinions on track list has become passé? 

We've debated this enough on another thread.  No, I'm not an insider. 

You carry on waiting for a bunch of new songs, with unheard vocals.

Some of the fans are so desperate for new material, this band could eventually release my track-list and you'll still be saying 'that is just clearing the backlog - he'll release all the new songs soon!'

1 minute ago, Pele said:

We've debated this enough on another thread.  No, I'm not an insider. 

You carry on waiting for a bunch of new songs, with unheard vocals.

Some of the fans are so desperate for new material, this band could eventually release my track-list and you'll still be saying 'that is just clearing the backlog - he'll release all the new songs soon!'

I was asking you how you know what has happened to PRL and Thyme? I really hope you will admit to it just being opinions again so we might have you kicked out of here for claiming to be an insider. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

Pele's mind would be blown if he saw the vault. 

They have at least 2 albums worth of completed material that has yet to be released, not counting Silkworms. ;P

4 minutes ago, Pele said:

I respect your input and enjoy your posts - but there isn't.

They'll say there is, but there isn't.

The bulk of 'The Vault' are instrumentals and samples composed and put together by ex-members completely untouched by the singer.

So here we have two people, both claiming to know what GN'R does or does not have in the vault. 

Sweersa has said several times that he's heard stuff we haven't (not throwing you under the bus or anything, but I believe you've said that on the forum)

Pele is telling us the band has next to nothing. 

Both are stating what they believe to be facts, both are saying they're not claiming they're "insiders". 

The world of a GN'R fan is such a strange place. 

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Pele said:

Who told you Cuban Skies wasn't finished? That had vocals by 2003.

Oh, if you count instrumentals, then well over a dozen albums of material.

2 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Oh, I see you're moving the goal posts by taking half of your list back now.

Haha, I had a feeling you'd say that.  With respect, I've no idea what Duff/Slash will bring.

Rose's contributions are as follows:

• HardSkool (99 vocal)
  • Atlas Shrugged (99 vocal)
  • Silkworms (99 vocal)
  • Knocking on Heavens Door (99 vocal)
  • The General (07 vocal)
  • Perhaps (99 vocal)
  • Light My Fire (07 vocal)
  • Oh My God (99 Vocal)

Monstrosity and Cuban Skies were considered priority but I don't think they are finished, or will be anytime soon.  There is a possibility Linesman, Black Hole Sun etc have been recorded as a contingency.

3 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

So here we have two people, both claiming to know what GN'R does or does not have in the vault. 

Sweersa has said several times that he's heard stuff we haven't (not throwing you under the bus or anything, but I believe you've said that on the forum)

Pele is telling us the band has next to nothing. 

Both are stating what they believe to be facts, both are saying they're not claiming they're "insiders". 

The world of a GN'R fan is such a strange place. 

Exciting times, as two notorious powerhouses collide.

Only one can be right.

Wait and see.

Money is escrow?  

3 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

;)

There's a lot of material that's not released, well over one album. But, no one should take my word for it. Current and ex-bandmembers have also said similar things. 

2 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

Who told you Cuban Skies wasn't finished? That had vocals by 2003.

Oh, if you count instrumentals, then well over a dozen albums of material.

Nobody told me it isn't finished.  In fact, I've been told the contrary.

I don't believe it though.

1 hour ago, Sweersa said:

I messaged Fortus on whether or not he played lead at all during one or more of the solos on Absurd. Sometimes he responds to stuff, but he didn't this time, he did read it though. Guess we will have to wait for the CD booklet!

The answer is in the song itself, there's no Fortus on lead guitar. It's obvious just Slash playing the solos on Absurd. Period.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Sweersa said:

;)

There's a lot of material that's not released, well over one album. But, no one should take my word for it. Current and ex-bandmembers have also said similar things. 

Of course they did!

What are they gonna say - 'no there's nothing!'

Someone posted an anthology of quotes by Fortus the other day.

Every single time it was the same - "we have new stuff, Axl is just finishing up vox"

1 minute ago, Pele said:

Of course they did!

What are they gonna say - 'no there's nothing!'

Someone posted an anthology of quotes by Fortus the other day.

Every single time it was the same - "we have new stuff, Axl is just finishing up vox"

Third time: How do you know the fate of songs like PRL and Thyme? Insider information or just your opinions presented as facts? 

11 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

I was asking you how you know what has happened to PRL and Thyme? I really hope you will admit to it just being opinions again so we might have you kicked out of here for claiming to be an insider. 

He's just relying on a rumoured 2003 article in Portuguese, which allegedly mentioned PRL as the title of the follow-up to CD. Curiously, no one has posted or linked to that rumoured article or even mentioned the outlet it was published.