Brains drum track on Absurd

1 minute ago, Dean said:

That gives me a lot of hope that Brain will still be behind the kit on a potential new record. Frank can have a wee bit here or there, but I hope the majority is filled with Brain!

That would be a big FY to Frank, though. :lol:

5 minutes ago, jamillos said:

Frank admires Brain and wouldn't have any problems with his input on a new album. 

I think it's realistic that Brain will be on 70% of the CDII songs, but who knows. 

Edited by Sosso
  • GNFNR 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Sosso said:

Frank admires Brain and wouldn't have any problems with his input on a new album. 

I think it's realistic that Brain will be on 70% of the CDII songs, but know knows. 

Could be, but I would still prefer it if they reworked them completely with the current guys. Apart from the sub-bass and other Pitman stuff. Despite of Brain being better than Frank. 

Edited by jamillos

3 minutes ago, jamillos said:

Could be, but I would still prefer it if they reworked them completely with the current guys. Apart from the sub-bass and other Pitman stuff. Despite of Brain being better than Frank. 

I would be glad with Brain for CDII songs and Frank for new songs. 

I was talking to a guy a few years back who knew Brain a little. He told me that he's "still in the band", with Frank doing the tours. Same situation as in 2006 I think? I recall being told that Brain was approached for the NITL tour, not sure if they were thinking permanent or just guest spots, but he declined.

I take all of that with a grain of salt, but it's not ABSURD to assume that Brain is the studio drummer. And obviously there's good relations there with Melissa being in the band.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, rumandraisin said:

I don't think there's a single person on this forum that would rather have Frank on material then Brain. 

Yeah I likely would and for this reason... I think it is fairly damning that GNR have to rely on songs that are 20 years old and not very good to start with. It just stinks of a lack of originality and general ooomph. Brain is a good drummer, but he has been out of the band for a long time. And let's be honest here... it hasn't been confirmed he is on the release yet. 

Just now, goldentobacco said:

I was talking to a guy a few years back who knew Brain a little. He told me that he's "still in the band", with Frank doing the tours. Same situation as in 2006 I think? I recall being told that Brain was approached for the NITL tour, not sure if they were thinking permanent or just guest spots, but he declined.

I take all of that with a grain of salt, but it's not ABSURD to assume that Brain is the studio drummer. And obviously there's good relations there with Melissa being in the band.

That's interesting and would make more sense than using 20 year old studio tracks.

1 minute ago, 19AT5 said:

Yeah I likely would and for this reason... I think it is fairly damning that GNR have to rely on songs that are 20 years old and not very good to start with. It just stinks of a lack of originality and general ooomph. Brain is a good drummer, but he has been out of the band for a long time. And let's be honest here... it hasn't been confirmed he is on the release yet. 

That's interesting and would make more sense than using 20 year old studio tracks.

Oh the drums in ABSURD are definitely recorded in 2001 or so, pretty much everything there save for Slash, Duff and Richard's parts were recorded a long long time ago.

2 minutes ago, 19AT5 said:

The YT video says Brian Mantia - Drums. 
Or if you mean a new album release, there's no such thing confirmed at all.

13 minutes ago, goldentobacco said:

Oh the drums in ABSURD are definitely recorded in 2001 or so, pretty much everything there save for Slash, Duff and Richard's parts were recorded a long long time ago.

Who knows. He could have re-recorded them in his home studio. 

2 hours ago, jamillos said:

That's ok. 2008 all over again, but worse for Frank since it has been 13 years. :D

20 minutes ago, goldentobacco said:

And obviously there's good relations there with Melissa being in the band.

That's one way to say it. ;)

• Haha 2

38 minutes ago, goldentobacco said:

I remember an interview where Brain tells that if he knew slash and duff would come back, he might have stayed in the live band.

I`ll try to find it.

edit: guess it was this one -> https://gnrcentral.com/2018/01/15/former-guns-n-roses-drummer-brain-talks-axl-rose-chinse-democracy-the-reunion/

Edited by ChrisMaciel

Can someone share the YT credits?

Sounds like they left all the things from the 01 version apart from the chorus and just added Slash to it... the bass doesn't even sound like Duff, just the fill at the end which strangely sounds like it's a different part added later, almost as if they left a Tommy part and just added a small Duff fill to make it sound like he's playing the whole song.

I just can't believe how bizarre this whole thing is. Is the intro guitar Bucket? Looks like the clean break is also still the original... I just... ugh, don't know what to say or feel.