Jump to content

Brains drum track on Absurd


Recommended Posts

22 minutes ago, Twinaleblood said:

Not sure how to attach pics here, but Beta has just answered some guy asking on Slash's IG whether the drums were just from Brain or from Brain and Frank, and she said it's Brain. So no Frank at all, apparently.

 image.png.e99b213dec9685faab5ace1c4e6d58d4.png

 

image.png.1cad0d78cc961699478ce6692ec3af3a.png

Edited by Dean
  • Like 1
  • ABSUЯD 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Voodoochild said:

It's weird how Brain is still involved after all those years. Didn't expect this at all. Not complaining tho

Wonder if this has anything to do with he and Melissa still being connected

1 hour ago, Dean said:

 image.png.e99b213dec9685faab5ace1c4e6d58d4.png

 

image.png.1cad0d78cc961699478ce6692ec3af3a.png

Beta also responded to me on Meegans Instagram when I asked if the guitars were slash last night (prior to the credits being revealed). She said it was. Found it odd she was stalking comments considering mine was like 15 hours old! Still cool someone responded

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Gunsdrummer63 said:

Beta also responded to me on Meegans Instagram when I asked if the guitars were slash last night (prior to the credits being revealed). She said it was. Found it odd she was stalking comments considering mine was like 15 hours old! Still cool someone responded

Meaning all guitars?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/6/2021 at 11:49 AM, rumandraisin said:

I don't think there's a single person on this forum that would rather have Frank on material then Brain. 

Honestly, I would in some ways.

I love Brain's work, but if the current band is to release a record, I want the current band to play on it. If they aren't going to use Frank in the studio on any upcoming release, they should stop listing him as a full member 🤷‍♂️ There again, if this is a one-off occurrence, I guess that wouldn't really matter.

For the record, I actually really like Frank. Unpopular opinion I guess, but, yeah...

Edited by DoMw94
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, DoMw94 said:

Honestly, I would in some ways.

I love Brain's work, but if the current band is to release a record, I want the current band to play on it. If they aren't going to use Frank in the studio on any upcoming release, they should stop listing him as a full member 🤷‍♂️ There again, if this is a one-off occurrence, I guess that wouldn't really matter

Brain could play on CD2 songs and Frank could play on new material. 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I LOVE the idea of Brain being the actual drummer for GNR, and Frank just the touring guy:lol:. Who even knows how GNR is organized? Brain could be the studio drummer on everything for all we know. Frank is the weak link for me, Axl Slash Duff Fortus and Brain is an insanely killer combo, would make a new album even more interesting than it already would be. Brain is the best GNR drummer next to Steven IMHO

Edited by StrangerInThisTown
  • Like 2
  • GNFNR 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

I'm really glad they're using Brain's drum tracks, but I'm not crazy about how they made the kick drum sound... that's just a small nitpick though.

Love that the credits are just "Guns N' Roses" and we got a song with Brain, Bucket, Slash and Duff...

This is what makes me think it’s Frank. None of the Brain recordings have that thuddy kick drum sound! Listen to Frank’s IRS from CD (compared to Brian recording) and this sounds pretty similar. 
 

(Appreciate ‘thuddy’ is not a very scientific description :P)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, rumandraisin said:

I don't think there's a single person on this forum that would rather have Frank on material then Brain. 

I actually kind of would, since he's the main full time drummer. It seems they used an old drum track that Brain had recorded so that's why he's credited. But Frank isn't a bad drummer per se and it would be cool to hear what he does on some all new songs.

26 minutes ago, CAFC Nick said:

This is what makes me think it’s Frank. None of the Brain recordings have that thuddy kick drum sound! Listen to Frank’s IRS from CD (compared to Brian recording) and this sounds pretty similar. 
 

(Appreciate ‘thuddy’ is not a very scientific description :P)

It's pretty easy to change drum sounds in the studio (esp when samples are involved).

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, CAFC Nick said:

This is what makes me think it’s Frank. None of the Brain recordings have that thuddy kick drum sound! Listen to Frank’s IRS from CD (compared to Brian recording) and this sounds pretty similar. 

Its 100% Brain, possibly with some protools edits to fill out some of the fills. The "sound" of the drums would always have changed prior to release - what we've heard previously is demos only, they just use the beats Brain hit as triggers for new sounds in the studio.

46 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

I LOVE the idea of Brain being the actual drummer for GNR, and Frank just the touring guy:lol:. Who even knows how GNR is organized? Brain could be the studio drummer on everything for all we know. Frank is the weak link for me, Axl Slash Duff Fortus and Brain is an insanely killer combo, would make a new album even more interesting than it already would be. Brain is the best GNR drummer next to Steven IMHO

Axl, Slash, Duff, Brain, Bucket 😉

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Dean said:

 image.png.e99b213dec9685faab5ace1c4e6d58d4.png

 

image.png.1cad0d78cc961699478ce6692ec3af3a.png

Case closed. It's Brain. 

No problem with that... Since some material of CD 2 is pretty much done for 10 + years, there's no reason to rerecord drums that was considered done in the first place with Josh in late 2000. It ain't a shot on Frank. It's just a financial decision to no spend money on renting a studio in a track that was already done for such a long time and it'll probably go nowhere after the initial buzz

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, Sweersa said:

I believe the Village version drums are Josh, and the Bumble leak was Brain of course. (Both these versions are quite different)

I hope a studio version of the one they played at the HOB show leaks with Buckethead, the vocal track at the time, etc. 

Yes! I would love to hear the 2001 version as well!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Listening to Frank play it live I can't really tell the difference, bit of a headscratcher that Frank isn't the drummer on the recording... it doesn't do gnr or Frank any favours. Just ammo for people that want Frank gone. 

I think Frank would do great stuff in the studio. Think he's playing really well on these recent shows too!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Without even the official confirmation, these are def 100% Brains (Although maybe note for note replication of the original Josh Freeses track if we are being picky). Just the overall tightness of how he plays - all over CD. Frank has always been 'looser'. 

Drums are tasty too! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

Listening to Frank play it live I can't really tell the difference, bit of a headscratcher that Frank isn't the drummer on the recording... it doesn't do gnr or Frank any favours. Just ammo for people that want Frank gone. 

I think Frank would do great stuff in the studio. Think he's playing really well on these recent shows too!

Studio time costs money.  It's free to use the already recorded drum tracks from 20 years ago.  Sucks for Frank tho

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Sosso said:

I wonder if Brain was asked or if he woke up and was like "Holy fuck, I'm on the same track as Slash and Duff" :lol:

Does he have a presence on social media? Would love him to go back on @Gambit83's podcast so he can pick his brains about the process, if he was savvy to any of it!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Dean said:

Does he have a presence on social media? Would love him to go back on @Gambit83's podcast so he can pick his brains about the process, if he was savvy to any of it!

I texted him. We'll see. Sometimes he takes awhile to respond, though I'm a bit paranoid now he may have been told not to talk to me too via TB.

  • Like 1
  • ABSUЯD 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Gambit83 said:

I texted him. We'll see. Sometimes he takes awhile to respond, though I'm a bit paranoid now he may have been told not to talk to me too via TB.

They should give you a fucking medal for all of your work. But then again, It's Team Brazil... 

Edited by Sosso
  • Like 2
  • ABSUЯD 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...