Pukkelpop 2002 new video source(?)

hi guys,

I don't know if this is news to you, but it surely is to me, especially since 2002 is my top notch fav period of the band (along with 1991), and I just found out some youtube dude slowly but surely uploads a Belgium Pukkelpop 2002 part 2

up to now we had been treated to a 45 min bootleg that we all know very well, up to Rhiad and the bedouins, but this guy's videos include songs later in the set, such as Nightrain (AND WHAT A PERFORMANCE!), my michelle, rocket queen, buckethead solo etc

2002 is -MY- holy grail and I stand by it

Edited by downzy
Link to YouTube Removed.
  • Like 3
  • GNFNR 1

My first time seeing GN’R. A fan since 88, was heavily invested in Chinese Democracy and this was an amazing spectacle! Watched Rio on VHS before for months but all of a sudden Axl was there and funny as fuck! The coolest frontman I have ever seen. The new songs were more confidently performed and I caught them again in London that Monday. I flew from Dublin to Belgium, then to London and back to Ireland, on a high.

I caught them 16 more times after, but this will always be my ‘I was there moment’.

Also saw Buckethead :)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, whatashame said:

hi guys,

I don't know if this is news to you, but it surely is to me, especially since 2002 is my top notch fav period of the band (along with 1991), and I just found out some youtube dude slowly but surely uploads a Belgium Pukkelpop 2002 part 2

https://www.youtube.com/user/thisilove1/videos

up to now we had been treated to a 45 min bootleg that we all know very well, up to Rhiad and the bedouins, but this guy's videos include songs later in the set, such as Nightrain (AND WHAT A PERFORMANCE!), my michelle, rocket queen, buckethead solo etc

2002 is -MY- holy grail and I stand by it

14 hours ago, mystery said:

I'll always wonder what happened to him between the Joint shows in December 2001 and the shows he did in August 2002. He looks like a completely different person and you can't tell me it's from normal aging.

Actually, he already looked weird in 2001. I'd rather wonder what happened between 1998 (mug shot) and 2001. We've discussed this in some other thread (with photos) here. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jamillos said:

Actually, he already looked weird in 2001. I'd rather wonder what happened between 1998 (mug shot) and 2001. We've discussed this in some other thread (with photos) here. 

True. The whole period from 94-02 is so fascinating and unless Axl starts talking in detail or TB spills some beans we'll never fully get answers. This video is pretty cool. I like fan footage where you can still see the stage and band members clearly. It makes you feel like you're transported in time to 2002 to watch Nu Guns again.

• Like 1

the link got removed from my original post, so just for posterity and my own sorry self googling back in the future in 2015 (no, wait, it's 2021 now, so i'd be googling this back in 2035) the youtube user is thisilove1 , so google something along the likes of 'youtube thisilove1 guns n roses pukkelpop 2002'

• Thanks 1