Appetite for Distortion: Fan Review episodes

AFD Show listeners (and GNR fans) Mike from Boston and Gregg from NYC share their recent concert experiences at Fenway Park and Metlife Stadium, which featured seeing NEW music from Guns N' Roses.

ABSUЯD: Fenway and Metlife fan reviews | Ep. 286 - YouTube

♫ Appetite for Distortion 

** I'd like to get fan reviews from most shows during the tour, so if you want to give yours on a future episode just PM me!

Edited by Gambit83
  • GNFNR 2
  • ABSUЯD 2

The Fenway show was awesome.. As for Absurd it was really a kind of WTF moment.. It got the weakest reaction of the night that I saw.. The only song I missed was Better.. People were just kind of looking around like WTF was that?  I was surrounded by what seemed to be pretty big fans too., Could be because no one knew it.. Because they didn't like it or because the were in shock.. 

Here was my review from the show thread

"It really was a great show/experience.. Not perfect but was a fucking blast and better than the last time I saw them in 2017.  I still wish they would shake up the song order a bit. There are songs I wish they would have played that will probably creep up later in the tour like PTU, Locomotive and Think About You.. Out Ta Get me... But this was still only the second show. It is what it is..

Axl didn't sound great but you can see he was trying and the crowd was picking him up the whole show by singing a long loudly and I think he appreciated that.  It seemed that every time he had a crack or wtf moment  Slash would come right in and pick him back up with a killer solo or lead. They ended up packing the seats somehow and it looked pretty close to a full house and people were singing to nearly every song. 

I like the new  Jungle Intro and was happy that Axl worked the "You know where the fuck you are" back into it.

I was stoked to see You're Crazy and Dead Horse.. Slither isn't what it could be but still cool to see.. Even though I am not a fan of NITL Rocket Queen it was still great and the crowd participation makes it all good. I went to grab a beer and take a piss the song before it so I missed the Fortus intro which worked out perfectly :)

Say what you want about KOHD and I agree!! I would love to see a throwback version but people were still singing a long loud the whole time.. Not just the but chorus but the verses too. AND Axl brought back his signature "Hey Hey Hey Hey Hey" at one point which I thought was fucking awesome. It is the little things.

Nothing too exciting about Absurd.. It only took me a minute to realize it was a song from 20 years ago that I didn't like then.. Was still cool to see something different with that voice and sounded better than TIL, Better and all that stuff. 

Civil War and November Rain were great.. It is obvious the tempo has been adjusted on some of these songs and it sounds great! They feel much more loose.. I am sure Axl sounded Mickey on NR but again the crowd singing every word with him made up for it. 

Bummer about the one song encores but I am sure that will change as the tour moves on.. 

Slash was fucking great and people were showing him love the whole time...

After the Hershey show I was a bit weary walking into this one but it ended up being a great rock show and it appeared that fun was had by all. "

• ABSUЯD 2

7 hours ago, Gambit83 said:

AFD Show listeners (and GNR fans) Mike from Boston and Gregg from NYC share their recent concert experiences at Fenway Park and Metlife Stadium, which featured seeing NEW music from Guns N' Roses.

ABSUЯD: Fenway and Metlife fan reviews | Ep. 286 - YouTube

♫ Appetite for Distortion 

** I'd like to get fan reviews from most shows during the tour, so if you want to give yours on a future episode just PM me!

Hey Brandon heard you guys discuss possible future shows. Since I missed MetLife I’m planning on making the drive to Baltimore September 26 Sunday. Pretty easy drive!

I agree AC is going to be ridiculously over priced. Too bad they are not going a Newark, Conn or Philly show.

Edited by Top-Hatted One
  • Like 1

To be fair this isn’t the kind of song that should have been debut live.(as absurd)It’s a studio song and hearing it live does it no justice as to what’s going on. After about 100 listens it’s as tolerable as rhiad or scraped. Filler for an album, not a first single and not going to sound good live.

Edited by circusboy666
  • Like 1

The podcast is awesome. Thanks for doing it. I have not been listening to all episodes throughout the years. Which are the episodes with some nice behind the scenes of Chinese Democracy? I have found the episodes with Brain anad Gary Sunshine. Awesome stuff! Any more episodes with some nice details about the making of CD?

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, gokken said:

The podcast is awesome. Thanks for doing it. I have not been listening to all episodes throughout the years. Which are the episodes with some nice behind the scenes of Chinese Democracy? I have found the episodes with Brain anad Gary Sunshine. Awesome stuff! Any more episodes with some nice details about the making of CD?

the David Wild interviews are pretty great, Axl personally played him CD before it came out. 

• Like 1

• Gambit83 changed the title to Appetite for Distortion: Fan Review episodes

Here's the Detroit review episode. Detroit Rock City | Ep. 287 - YouTube

I'll have a couple more fans review Fargo. Currently accepting Montana show applications :) 

And icymi/if ya care, new Twitter. Other got suspended for sharing my concert vids. Guess it's better just to talk about them ;) Appetite For Distortion (@TheAFDPodcast) / Twitter

Edited by Gambit83
  • Like 1