5 Killer Album Closers

9 hours ago, RussTCB said:

I didn't know that about Loving The Alien being one of your favorites, but obviously I agree. I remember hearing Contraband for the first time and liking it, then getting to the end and being like "WHOA" through the entire last track. 

And I agree of course about Chinese. If a lot of people gave it an honest chance, they'd find a lot they'd dig. 

Everything about that fading outro on Prostitute is perfect, piano included. 

And haha, yes, that's my bad on the wording in the video. I always forget you have to include a caveat for those artists who chose to go decades between sharing their art lol

I like a lot of the CD tracks a lot more in their instrumental form, especially TIL and Prostitute. 

1 minute ago, Gaanzer said:

I like a lot of the CD tracks a lot more in their instrumental form, especially TIL and Prostitute. 

Fair enough, but I was just working with album tracks on vinyl. So instrumental leaks didn't really qualify for the video. 

24 minutes ago, -W.A.R- said:

Wheres "Would?" :P

I plan to do more like this in the future, so I assume "Would?" will get included eventually :)

• Like 1

Loving The Alien is one of the best VR songs. Agreed about the Nathaniel Rateliff & The Night Sweats too, side 1 sounds great, and Mellow Out isn't my favourite song on the album but it's a good closer.

If you want some suggestions, here's a few of my favourite album closers:

Spoiler

Plus some classics like Emerald, Wasted Time, Coma, Free Bird, Whole Lotta Rosie, What It Takes...

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Loving The Alien is one of the best VR songs. Agreed about the Nathaniel Rateliff & The Night Sweats too, side 1 sounds great, and Mellow Out isn't my favourite song on the album but it's a good closer.

If you want some suggestions, here's a few of my favourite album closers:

Reveal hidden contents

Plus some classics like Emerald, Wasted Time, Coma, Free Bird, Whole Lotta Rosie, What It Takes...

I think Shake or I Need Never Get Old are probably my favorites on that Nathaniel Rateliff album, but Mellow Out makes such a great closer. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, jimisbatman said:

Best album closers for me are Prostitute on CD with the drum beat then quiet instruments, AND the combo of The End and Her Majesty on Beatles Abbey Road album.  Just classic. 

Prostitute was one of the first ones I thought of when I started planning the video. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, RussTCB said:

I think Shake or I Need Never Get Old are probably my favorites on that Nathaniel Rateliff album, but Mellow Out makes such a great closer. 

I'd say probably every song on side 1 has been my favourite at some point, especially Howling At Nothing and Trying So Hard Not To Know. SOB was definitely a favourite before radio picked it up and played it to death :lol:

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Tio Didi said:

You know what song I think really would work as a closer? Doible talkin jive. The acoustic guitar outro would be a nice way to end the album.

Agree with this 100%. But they put DTJ in a good spot with the acoustic outro fading into November Rain. 

16 hours ago, Tio Didi said:

You know what song I think really would work as a closer? Doible talkin jive. The acoustic guitar outro would be a nice way to end the album.

I hear you on that. For this video, I was doing just songs that are actual closers on albums BUT you did give me an idea for a future video. It might be fun to do a "songs that should've been album closers" video :)

20 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

One in a Million is a pretty fucking killer closer too... The way it fades out after blowing your mind..

As controversial as it might be, I plan to include that in a future video on this topic. 

15 minutes ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

I like "come back" by foo fighters as a album closer.

Also Ornaments/The last wrongs by Oceansize is not only one of the best album closers, but one of the best songs in general. Not widely known though.

I love "Walk" as a closer by Foo Fighters as well from Wasting Light. 

• Like 2

GnR - Coma - Use Your Illusion 1 

Sex Pistols - EMI - Nevermind the Bollocks

The Doors - The End - The Doors debut album.

The Doors - When the musics over - Strange Days

The Doors  - Riders on the storm - LA Woman

The Doors - The Soft Parade - The soft parade

The Doors - Five to one - Waiting for the sun

Hole - Olympia/Rockstar - Live through this.

The Ramones- Today your love, tomorrow the world- Ramones debut album.

Motorhead- Motorhead- No sleep till hammersmith

Alice in Chains - Would - Dirt

The Rolling Stones - Soul Survivor - Exile on Main St. 

Therapy? - Dancin with Manson - Babyteeth

Metallica - Damage Incorporated - 
Master of puppets.

Slayer - Raining Blood - Reign in Blood

Pearl Jam - Release me - 10

Oasis - Married with children - Definitely Maybe

Oasis - Champagne Supernova - Whats the story Morning Glory

Stiff Little Fingers - Tin Soldiers - Nobody's Hero’s

Nirvana - Where did you sleep last night - Unplugged in new york

Neil Young - Cowgirl in the sand - Everybody knows this is nowhere

Neil Young - Rockin in the free world - Freedom.

Neil Young - Hey Hey, My My, into the black - Rust never sleeps.

Dead Boys - ain’t it fun - we have come for your children.

Those are a few off the top of my head that stick out as great album closers over the years. 

Edited by Powderfinger
  • Like 2

My favorites:

Gn'R- Coma (UYI 1)

Soundgarden- New Damage (Badmotorfinger)

Van Halen- On Fire (debut)

Jane's Addiction- Pigs in Zen (Nothing's Shocking)

AC/DC- Kicked In The Teeth (Powerage)

Temple of the Dog (All Night Thing)

• Like 1

On 8/8/2021 at 4:52 AM, jimisbatman said:

Best album closers for me are Prostitute on CD with the drum beat then quiet instruments, AND the combo of The End and Her Majesty on Beatles Abbey Road album.  Just classic. 

Yeah, that run out on Abbey Road is pretty cool. I prefer the closer on side 1 though - “she’s so heavy” 

• Like 2