Which song do you consider to be the closing song for UYI II?

The real closing song on UYI II  

48 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Albums having bonus tracks placed at the end is a common thing.  And I think generally people consider bonus tracks to be kind of gimmicky and to not necessarily being as meaningful to an album as the "official" (non-bonus) songs of an album.

UYI II ends with Estranged or maybe it ends with You Could Be Mine and you get Don't Cry (with alternative lyrics) and My World as bonus songs thrown on at the very end.

You Could Be Mine had already been released before UYI I and II through it being part of Terminator II, particularly part of the marketing of the movie.  Do you see You Could Be Mine as the official end to UYI II or do you see it as another bonus song thrown on at the very end of the album like Don't Cry Alt and My World?

Do you see Estranged as the real closer to UYI II?

Or do you not see Don't Cry Alt and My World as bonus tracks and consider My World to be the real ending to the UYI II album?

Edited by Caught_in_a_Coma

Bonus tracks are typically either not listed on the tracklist (If they're hidden), or designated as such. Bonus songs were also a lot less common back in 1991 than they are now. My World is, factually, the closing song of UYI II. I think it's a shit closing song and I wish it wasn't, but it is. 

I still have the original CD's but I rarely ever listen to them, made myself a CD-R from both albums.

My own playlist looks like this:

1. You Could Be Mine
  2. Locomotive
  3. 14 Years
  4. November Rain
  5. Civil War
  6. Breakdown
  7. Estranged
  8. Dead Horse
  9. Coma
  10. Don't Cry (Alt. Lyrics)

My World, Back Off Bitch, Bad Obsession, So Fine, RNDTH, Get In The Ring, PTU, DTJ...all these are crap to me.

I like Dust N' Bones, Don't Damn Me, Yesterdays and The Garden, but I don't consider them as good as the top 10 songs.

1 minute ago, adamsapple said:

I still have the original CD's but I rarely ever listen to them, made myself a CD-R from both albums.

1. You Could Be Mine
  2. Locomotive
  3. 14 Years
  4. November Rain
  5. Civil War
  6. Breakdown
  7. Estranged
  8. Dead Horse
  9. Coma

My World, Back Off Bitch, Bad Obsession, So Fine, RNDTH, Get In The Ring, PTU, DTJ...all these are crap to me.

I like Dust N' Bones, Don't Damn Me, Yesterdays and The Garden, but I don't consider them as good as the top 10 songs.

What a sad CD

4 minutes ago, adamsapple said:

1. You Could Be Mine
  2. Locomotive
  3. 14 Years
  4. November Rain
  5. Civil War
  6. Breakdown
  7. Estranged
  8. Dead Horse
  9. Coma

Coma over PTU?? No fucking way. For me Coma would be a bonus at best. I'd have Get In the ring, The Garden, Yesterdays. And I don't understand the fascination with don't cry alt. It's different, but not as good. There is a reason it's the 2nd version and the one they didn't release as a single😄

Obviously that's the list that works for you though so whatever😄 we've all got our master UYI list. My problem with yours is it's very mid tempo, you need a DTJ, GOE, Perfect crime to break things up... in my opinion.

1 minute ago, Tom2112 said:

Coma over PTU?? No fucking way. For me Coma would be a bonus at best. I'd have Get In the ring, The Garden, Yesterdays. And I don't understand the fascination with don't cry alt. It's different, but not as good. There is a reason it's the 2nd version and the one they didn't release as a single😄

Obviously that's the list that works for you though so whatever😄 we've all got our master UYI list. My problem with yours is it's very mid tempo, you need a DTJ, GOE, Perfect crime to break things up... in my opinion.

It's all my fav UYI songs and there's always AFD if I need more punch. <_< But you're right for a commercial release it should have some more uptempo tunes. Strange enough, that playlist has turned many people who hated GNR into fans.

I also made an alternate playlist for Chinese, it's only ten songs but a much better flow overall. Only GNR album with a good tracklist start to finish is AFD.

As for Don't Cry, the alternate lyrics I can just relate to more. :shrugs: