Tommy Stinson & Davey Lane chat

merryfnchristmas

This was posted around the time it was recorded. There has been much debate as to whether or not Brian May's third song was Perhaps, as it certainly doesn't sound like the Red Special is present on the Village Demo at all. Tommy confirms that the third song was in actual fact Riad.

• GNFNR 1
  • Wow 1

4 hours ago, Dean said:

This was posted around the time it was recorded. There has been much debate as to whether or not Brian May's third song was Perhaps, as it certainly doesn't sound like the Red Special is present on the Village Demo at all. Tommy confirms that the third song was in actual fact Riad.

Wow! Wonder if we’ll ever hear the Brian May version of Riad then!

Also, not that it matters, but Stinson is looking older these days. Time catches up to us all, I guess.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Wow! Wonder if we’ll ever hear the Brian May version of Riad then!

Also, not that it matters, but Stinson is looking older these days. Time catches up to us all, I guess.

I’ve a lot of love for that man! I hope he’s winning out there. Going by his social media, I think he’s planning on a release shortly under the Cowboys in the Campfire banner. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Dean said:

I’ve a lot of love for that man! I hope he’s winning out there. Going by his social media, I think he’s planning on a release shortly under the Cowboys in the Campfire banner. 

It's so difficult to choose a favourite GN'R bassist for me because Duff and Tommy are both amazing musicians. 

Duff has the classic AfD sound but Tommy has the better voice. I also love his Bass on OMG. 

Edited by Sosso
  • GNFNR 1

16 minutes ago, Sosso said:

It's so difficult to choose a favourite GN'R bassist for me because Duff and Tommy are both amazing musicians. 

Duff has the classic AfD sound but Tommy has the better voice. I also love his Bass on OMG. 

It's an easy one for me! Thomas Eugene Stinson.

• GNFNR 1

31 minutes ago, Sosso said:

I despised him in 2006, but by 2009 I had come around to him and thought he was a proper member in all ways. Loved his vocals too! Motivation remains the best solo spot of all the gnr solo spots. Ripped the roof off!

• GNFNR 1

6 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

I despised him in 2006, but by 2009 I had come around to him and thought he was a proper member in all ways. Loved his vocals too! Motivation remains the best solo spot of all the gnr solo spots. Ripped the roof off!

Despised him then, despised him now. Duff McKagan all the way.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

Despised him then, despised him now. Duff McKagan all the way.

That's why I can't take you serious. But trolling seems more important for you anyway

Edited by Sosso

15 minutes ago, Sosso said:

That's why I can't take you serious. But trolling seems more important for you anyway

Why. Because I don't like someone you like? I found his whole stage thing annoying and the whole bullying shit they did against Bumblefoot enough to make me despise him.

Edited by PatrickS77
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, PatrickS77 said:

Why. Because I don't like someone you like? I found his whole stage thing annoying and the whole bullying shit they did against Bumblefoot enough to make me despise him.

Don't agree with the bullying stuff but I think he fit right in from 2009 on.

Like most things nuGnR it wasn't for everybody.

On 8/10/2021 at 4:08 AM, PatrickS77 said:

Oh please, don't act like you had any symphaties for Bumblefoot. 

25 minutes ago, Sosso said:

Oh please, don't act like you had any symphaties for Bumblefoot. 

Well, I found him less annoying than Stinson. Compared to him you could say that I liked Bumblefoot (out of all the aliens in the band, he was the one I disliked least). And he was cool to fans. And when someone is bullying someone else it doesn't matter if I like or don't like the one that is being bullied (and yes, hearing that made me sympathize more with Bumblefoot). It's just pathetic that one would do it.

Edited by PatrickS77
  • Like 1