Vaccination proof?

50 minutes ago, GnR Chris said:

My guess is, if they require vaccination proof, they’ll also allow you in with a negative covid test if you aren’t vaccinated. So at least your money won’t be flushed down the toilet. 

But things change so often it’s difficult to determine. Why don’t you collect the ticket funds from the group that’s going? Why are you waiting till last minute? Then it becomes their problem. 

That’s what I tried to do, but most of them said they would just catch me the day of the show. Plus all the tickets for that venue were digital, so I have them all on my phone. Like someone else suggested, I really need new friends lol

2 hours ago, Coma16 said:

This directly contradicts that UK reported that 54% for Delta deaths were fully vaccinated. But carry on...

75% of the UK population is fully vaccinated. 89% has had one jab. It stands to reason and probability that those who are dying, likely to be in their 80s and with underlying health conditions, are going to be mostly vaccinated. Almost 97% of those over 80yrs are vaccinated. 

It remains fact that hospitalisations and deaths are now significantly lower. Why might that be?

Stats can be made to say anything in isolation. 

That stat you’re quoting therefore shows that 25% of the population are accounting for over half of the Covid related deaths in the UK.

Edited by invisible_rose
  • Like 2

50 minutes ago, whatashame said:

back to the OP question-u shoulda made it a survey to get any producitivity of out it. otherwise we r about to hit the 3rd page of shitstorm and every single pair of eyes stickin to their 2020 point of view and not a single mind changed yet this one side throwing accusations at the other one.

Yeah you’re right, I never intended for this thread to go this way. I should’ve known better. But thanks to all who did give a reply. I guess I’ll just have to wait and see. Like GNRChris said, maybe I can shake them down for the money now. And just give them a deadline. If they don’t pay me by then, I’ll just put them back on Ticketmaster. There’s still 4 of us who are going to go regardless 

There are people who believe that 99% of covid deaths are from un-vaxxed (which is scary and irresponsible info). My claim was that there are more Delta deaths, in the UK, amongst fully vaccinated compared to non-vaccinated. I got laughed at. Then I posted a source indicating that only ~36 of their Delta deaths are un-vaxxed. I made an error when I indicated that 56% were fully vaxxed, it was only 46%...

5 minutes ago, invisible_rose said:

75% of the UK population is fully vaccinated. 89% has had one jab. It stands to reason and probability that those who are dying, likely to be in their 80s and with underlying health conditions, are going to be mostly vaccinated. Almost 97% of those over 80yrs are vaccinated. 

It remains fact that hospitalisations and deaths are now significantly lower. Why might that be?

Stats can be made to say anything in isolation. 

That stat you’re quoting therefore shows that 25% of the population are accounting for just under half of the Covid related deaths in the UK.

Why might that be? I dunno, were they down last summer as well (without any vaccine)?

Edited by Coma16
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Coma16 said:

There are people who believe that 99% of covid deaths are from un-vaxxed (which is scary and irresponsible info). My claim was that there are more Delta deaths, in the UK, amongst fully vaccinated compared to non-vaccinated. I got laughed at. Then I posted a source indicating that only ~36 of their Delta deaths are un-vaxxed. I made an error when I indicated that 56% were fully vaxxed, it was only 46%...

Why might that be? I dunno, we're they down last summer as well (with any vaccine)?

Cases were significantly down. Look at the correlation between cases and deaths pre & post vaccine.

Sorry to the OP for de-railing!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

Why would you have to get rid of their ticket? You bought them for them, no? They told you to buy it for them, no? Tell them how it is and let them figure it out.

Yeah they told me to get them and then they would pay me, but they are both cheapskates and I’m  sure they will say sorry man, just go ahead and sell the ticket. Like someone else suggested, I’m just going to tell them to pay me on the next week, or I’m going to try and sell them. Since there’s still tix available, I’m sure I’ll take a loss on them.  The tix for Atlantic City were only available digitally, so they are all on my phone. Neither of them have a Ticketmaster account to transfer them too. 

1 minute ago, invisible_rose said:

Cases were significantly down. Look at the correlation between cases and deaths pre & post vaccine.

Sorry to the OP for de-railing!

So you're saying that hospitalisations and deaths were higher, or lower, last summer? That is the statement I was responding to, nothing about cases.

8 minutes ago, mikeman5150 said:

Yeah they told me to get them and then they would pay me, but they are both cheapskates and I’m  sure they will say sorry man, just go ahead and sell the ticket. Like someone else suggested, I’m just going to tell them to pay me on the next week, or I’m going to try and sell them. Since there’s still tix available, I’m sure I’ll take a loss on them.  The tix for Atlantic City were only available digitally, so they are all on my phone. Neither of them have a Ticketmaster account to transfer them too. 

Well, then you're clearly within your rights to demand the money now and then see what happens in regards to the show. And if they tell you to sell it, then you tell them to sell them themselves. It's not your job to do that. It was kind enough of you to get the tix for them in the first place. It's not you, who shoud take the loss. And really, it's rather easy to sign up for Ticketmaster. They don't even need a creditcard for that. They just need the Ticketmaster app on their phone and then it should be possible to tranfer it. But really, you don't need to tell them that. Just get your money first. It's 600 $. Tell them you need it. :lol:;)

• Like 3

You'll still be able to contract and spread the virus even if 100% of people around you are vaxxed. If you're honestly concerned about it, then don't go to the show.

If it's all about covering the costs of the tickets, that's understandable - just tell your friends what the deal is, that they might need to show proof of vaccination at the door, and if they get turned away they still have to pay you for their ticket. :shrugs:

1 hour ago, mikeman5150 said:

Yeah you’re right, I never intended for this thread to go this way. I should’ve known better. But thanks to all who did give a reply. I guess I’ll just have to wait and see. Like GNRChris said, maybe I can shake them down for the money now. And just give them a deadline. If they don’t pay me by then, I’ll just put them back on Ticketmaster. There’s still 4 of us who are going to go regardless 

Just be careful not to wait too long, brother. I paid full price for my floor seats at Wrigley. But yesterday, day-of show in Detroit, they slashed prices from $250 to $59 for Comerica Park. You're not gonna get your money back the longer you wait. Put the onus on them to sell their ticket(s) if they don't want to go. You did them a solid by purchasing because they said they wanted to go.

Edited by GnR Chris

18 minutes ago, B5Redeye said:

I've only had one jab so far. Wore a mask for 99% of the time while at Metlife and always in the concessions, bathroom, etc. Pretty sure I got it. Going to get tested tomorrow. :-(

You think? Let us know the outcome. Haven't gotten a jab (or COVID) yet, but also no concerts in sight so far. So for me no real reason to get it yet. But it would be interesting to know if attending a concert reallycould get you COVID.

31 minutes ago, B5Redeye said:

I've only had one jab so far. Wore a mask for 99% of the time while at Metlife and always in the concessions, bathroom, etc. Pretty sure I got it. Going to get tested tomorrow. :-(

Sorry man. Hope the test come back negative and you can get the second shot ASAP!

53 minutes ago, GnR Chris said:

Just be careful not to wait too long, brother. I paid full price for my floor seats at Wrigley. But yesterday, day-of show in Detroit, they slashed prices from $250 to $59 for Comerica Park. You're not gonna get your money back the longer you wait. Put the onus on them to sell their ticket(s) if they don't want to go. You did them a solid by purchasing because they said they wanted to go.

48 minutes ago, Top-Hatted One said:

Yea definitely don’t wait til closer to the show. Sucks! They should pay you now regardless and they can deal with the re-selling if they don’t go

Yeah I just talked to both of them. Told them I needed the loot either way and that they both need to create a Ticketmaster account so I can send the tickets to them. Then they can do what they please. I told them what you guys have said about ticket prices. It does suck for them because they want to go, but are unsure if they will be allowed to. So they want to hang on as long as possible and see what happens. Hopefully there’s an announcement soon. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, B5Redeye said:

When did you get the jab, I got 1 jab a few weeks ago, 3 days later I woke up with a sore throat, runny nose and chills which are symptoms of the Delta, I took a covid test and it came back negative, I felt better in a day I just thought it was odd I got all those symptoms after I took the first dose of the vaccine and I never grt sick

27 minutes ago, k12 said:

When did you get the jab, I got 1 jab a few weeks ago, 3 days later I woke up with a sore throat, runny nose and chills which are symptoms of the Delta, I took a covid test and it came back negative, I felt better in a day I just thought it was odd I got all those symptoms after I took the first dose of the vaccine and I never grt sick

Well. Getting a reaction after the jab is not uncommon. In fact, it isn't even bad. There should be a reaction. Most I talked to said they felt something after either the first or the second one.

6 hours ago, mikeman5150 said:

Does anyone think GNR will require proof of vaccination for any of the indoor shows? I just read where livenation was leaving it up to the artists. I’m going to the Atlantic City show for my bachelor party and a few stubborn people in my group refuse to get the vaccine. I’m wondering if I’m going to get screwed on several tickets. I bought them when they went on sale, and it still hasn’t sold out yet. I’m concerned I’m going to get stuck with several $300 tickets if they wait until a few days before to announce it. 

I  read this evening  that It's Greek To Me in Ridgewood, NJ will be requiring proof of vaccination if you want to eat indoors. It's the first NJ restaurant that will require proof.  My opinion that there will be more NJ establishments to follow since this restaurant broke the ice. 

2 hours ago, PatrickS77 said:

You think? Let us know the outcome. Haven't gotten a jab (or COVID) yet, but also no concerts in sight so far. So for me no real reason to get it yet. But it would be interesting to know if attending a concert reallycould get you COVID.

Will do. I’ll update when I get the results but I’m pretty sure I have it…..all the symptoms and feel like shit.

Well could have also been the airplane or airport. Had a mask on there too obviously.

2 hours ago, nycgunner said:

Sorry man. Hope the test come back negative and you can get the second shot ASAP!

Thanks. Will do…was going this week.

ironic my son (he’s a grown man lol) didn’t wear a mask, but is fully vaccinated, and he says he feels great.

1 hour ago, k12 said:

I got it 9 days ago. No reaction of any type.

2 minutes ago, B5Redeye said:

Will do. I’ll update when I get the results but I’m pretty sure I have it…..all the symptoms and feel like shit.

Well could have also been the airplane or airport. Had a mask on there too obviously.

It would be shame if you got it, despite going through the trouble of wearing a mask. Maybe it's just cold from airconditioning and stuff.

59 minutes ago, Draguns said:

I  read this evening  that It's Greek To Me in Ridgewood, NJ will be requiring proof of vaccination if you want to eat indoors. It's the first NJ restaurant that will require proof.  My opinion that there will be more NJ establishments to follow since this restaurant broke the ice. 

Yeah you’re probably right 

7 hours ago, axlslash said:

I don't think GNR gets to make that decision; falls to the venue and the city and state it's located in.

That being said, there's a free and easy way for your mates to make sure you don't get screwed. :)

According to this article, GNR could make that decision. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.rollingstone.com/pro/news/live-nation-touring-artists-mandate-vaccinations-negative-tests-1208900/amp/