Bloomberg Article on GNR filing lawsuit in Newark, NJ for Bootleg T-Shirts

Just now, Coma16 said:

It would make more sense to go after the fans wearing the contraband 

Hahaha - can you imagine?! People being flagged down in the street and checked for the authenticity of their t-shirts! Brilliant. 

"Right, the game's up son, that bullet logo looks distinctly washed-out to me. You thought you could get away with this? Hands against the wall. Now. What do you mean 'it's official and you just paid $50 for it, it's not my fault that the official stuff looks like a bootleg too?'. You can explain it to the judge pal." 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, Coma16 said:

It would make more sense to go after the fans wearing the contraband 

Why? Not their fault if they can't shell out for the $50 shirts.

Supposedly the shirts on the tour truck site aren't the same as what's actually at the shows? Same designs but different vendor. So they're almost bootlegging themselves :lol:

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

Why? Not their fault if they can't shell out for the $50 shirts.

Supposedly the shirts on the tour truck site aren't the same as what's actually at the shows? Same designs but different vendor. So they're almost bootlegging themselves :lol:

I wasn't being serious. But, not being able to afford something doesn't give one exemption from consequences (imagine that, getting a rap sheet for buying 10$ one-time use tshirt). However, I agree that $50 USD is ridiculous for a t-shirt.

as being previously "sued" for copyright infringement before, i'm really wondering, what is GNR asking the judge? 

“There really is no monetary relief that can be obtained in this case,” Feinswog, who also represented the rock stars in the Newark court, told a judge during a video hearing on Tuesday

It seems that these lawsuits have been common:

Global Merchandising filed a similar lawsuit three years ago prior to the start of SLAYER's farewell tour.

In August 2010, Live Nation filed a lawsuit against several "John Does" in advance of that month's Ozzfest in Devore, California. ("John Doe" is a term used in lawsuits for individuals whose actual names are not yet known.) Live Nation was attempting to get a court order that would have federal and local law enforcement authorities seize and impound trademark-infringing gear at Ozzy Osbourne's traveling festival. AC/DC also filed a similar suit ahead of its 2016 U.S. tour.

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/guns-n-roses-lawsuit-seeks-to-stop-counterfeit-merchandise/

Pirate radio 🤣🤣🤣 please look when I get a reply from people like you and your style passive aggressive  and straight trying too make a side comment that is really pretty funny “ but it’s all good I do not feed in to people like you  that want a response and looking for some attention / bad 🍎/sad I do really feel sad for you seek help soon get well  take care 🙄

Hey everyone you can get your favorite rock band shirts at target Walmart etc.. on the cheap  I’m getting a ton of Guns N’ Roses shirts will be at the shows now and the band has already got there cut so instead of buying that over priced tee shirt that you will wear a few times maybe get them from me “”” No greed here and every one wins 🤩 Also got kiss slayer AC/DC and more  it’s a big win win and the cops get a free shirt if they bust real criminals