GTA Remastered Trilogy (3, Vice City, San Andreas)

Vice City and San Andreas were two of my favourite games from that generation.  San Andreas still is one of my favourite games of all time.

It will be interesting to see how the visuals turn out.  I read somewhere that they're combining new and old graphics.  Not sure how that makes any sense or what the final product will be.

Maybe it's just my impression but I hate how GTA III seems to be "ignored" compared to Vice City and San Andreas. 

GTA III has always been my favourite part of the trilogy. 

5 hours ago, jamillos said:

1. San Andreas
2. GTA 2
3. The rest 

1. GTA 3

2. GTA Vice City 

3. GTA San Andreas 

4. GTA Chinatown Wars 

5. GTA 1 & 2

(I never really cared about GTA IV or V to be honest) 

• Wow 1

I adored III when it first released, as I think the world over did. However, when I tried to replay it a few years ago I thought it showed it age. Everything that came after surpassed it in my opinion. Vice City and San Andreas still feel alright, but III seems empty, clunky, and at many times I was flat out bored.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, James Bond said:

I adored III when it first released, as I think the world over did. However, when I tried to replay it a few years ago I thought it showed it age. Everything that came after surpassed it in my opinion. Vice City and San Andreas still feel alright, but III seems empty, clunky, and at many times I was flat out bored.

GTA III was the first game that brought the franchise to a new Level. Vice Ciy and San Andreas were also great but not as nostalgic as III. At least for me. Maybe because I havent played them that much 

Edited by Sosso

I had so much fun with vice city. I remember that I absolutely hated the haitian gang. Loved san andreas aswell! I never owned gta 3 but I remember the hype and that I was amazed when I tried it at a friends house. It just seemed obsolete as soon as vice city came about.

• 2 months later...

After seeing the trailer and the screenshots, I'm actually really pumped to play these games. The reaction to the graphics has been pretty mixed from what I've seen but personally I think the games look great. It'll be cool to listen to Axl's radio station again too, haven't done that since the old PS2 days

2 minutes ago, slash23579 said:

After seeing the trailer and the screenshots, I'm actually really pumped to play these games. The reaction to the graphics has been pretty mixed from what I've seen but personally I think the games look great. It'll be cool to listen to Axl's radio station again too, haven't done that since the old PS2 days

My major concern is whether all the radio stations will still be in it. Vice City’s probably my favourite GTA game but probably 50% of that rating was the soundtrack. If it’s missing it just wouldn’t be the same. 

1 minute ago, Dazey said:

My major concern is whether all the radio stations will still be in it. Vice City’s probably my favourite GTA game but probably 50% of that rating was the soundtrack. If it’s missing it just wouldn’t be the same. 

I definitely agree that the radio stations are a huge part of the experience so they have to be intact. I only ever played the PS2 versions of these games so I have no idea how badly the radio stations were butchered for the other releases that happened over the years, but if a good chunk of music is missing it will be a big disappointment 

7 minutes ago, slash23579 said:

I definitely agree that the radio stations are a huge part of the experience so they have to be intact. I only ever played the PS2 versions of these games so I have no idea how badly the radio stations were butchered for the other releases that happened over the years, but if a good chunk of music is missing it will be a big disappointment 

If all the tunes are intact it’s a day one purchase for me. If not I won’t bother. I mean is Vice City really Vice City without Billy Jean on the radio in the first car you drive? 

• Like 1

I only just found out that Rockstar have been pulling tracks off of GTA V, which was brought on by conversation of the Vice City radio stations. I was unaware that they've done this previously, but I definitely agree, the radio stations were a huge part of the games charm.

On 10/26/2021 at 5:19 AM, Dazey said:

If all the tunes are intact it’s a day one purchase for me. If not I won’t bother. I mean is Vice City really Vice City without Billy Jean on the radio in the first car you drive? 

There are no Michael Jackson songs on the PS4 version of Vice City, so it doesn't give me hope.

• 2 weeks later...