ChiDem Leaks Reviewed By UCR

3 minutes ago, Dean said:

I did find it really odd that at the time that all of the major media outlets seemed to turn a blind eye to it. That's an interesting point about TB potentially having imposed a media ban.

Yeah - I thought it odd too. Maybe not MAJOR news anymore like it would have been in the 90s but at least something….and there was almost nothing! Had no idea there was a media ban!

"Perhaps"

Rose had no shortage of mid-tempo, piano-driven rockers during the Chinese Democracy sessions, as further evidenced by the bouncy "Perhaps." Similar in tempo and construction to Chinese Democracy's "Catcher in the Rye," "Perhaps" once again features May on guitar, while its lyrics show Rose at his most dejected and bitter, seemingly ruminating on a crumbled relationship. "My sense of rejection is no excuse for my behavior," he sings. "You pulled the gun that shot and crucified my savior."

Why do people still think Brian May plays on Perhaps? :facepalm:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

Yeah - I thought it odd too. Maybe not MAJOR news anymore like it would have been in the 90s but at least something….and there was almost nothing! Had no idea there was a media ban!

It’s only rumor, but would make a lot of sense if true!

Just now, Gordon Comstock said:

"Perhaps"

Rose had no shortage of mid-tempo, piano-driven rockers during the Chinese Democracy sessions, as further evidenced by the bouncy "Perhaps." Similar in tempo and construction to Chinese Democracy's "Catcher in the Rye," "Perhaps" once again features May on guitar, while its lyrics show Rose at his most dejected and bitter, seemingly ruminating on a crumbled relationship. "My sense of rejection is no excuse for my behavior," he sings. "You pulled the gun that shot and crucified my savior."

Yeah - there are quite a few errors in the article actually.

1 minute ago, Gordon Comstock said:

"Perhaps"

I just emailed his Soapbox, but I’ve fucking forgot to link the article. I mentioned about Riad being the confirmed third song from Tommy though.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

"Perhaps"

The guitar tone on "Perhaps" is 100% Robin Finck. 

Edited by DarkLotus1111
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

It's weird that they know Crash Diet predates AFD but then they call Just Another Sunday, Too Much Too Soon and Bring It Back Home UYI outtakes...

Yeah - all from the Arkeen tape so no idea why he split them. I’ll bet he will have looked at a bootleg like Unwanted Illusions or something and seen some on there thinking they must be UYI related. TBF - there are so many bootlegs out there and loads which are wrong….I’m not surprised there are errors.

He did OK I guess. 🤣

Edited by DTJ80
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

"Perhaps"

it's understandable that people from big media are not 100% up to date with whoever says whatever on the internet. this guy still made a big effort, he maybe just had old info/guesses on this one - no big deal.

14 minutes ago, zombux said:

it's understandable that people from big media are not 100% up to date with whoever says whatever on the internet. this guy still made a big effort, he maybe just had old info/guesses on this one - no big deal.

Of course it's no big deal, I just find it odd that people still mention Brian playing on it. A while ago someone sent me a "Brian May version" of Perhaps that they were convinced was real, but it was just a poorly EQ'd version of the demo :lol:

Kinda surprised that State Of Grace and Ain't Goin' Down were excluded from the list, too.

Just now, JimiRose said:

TB can't ban the media from saying anything unless it's false/slanderous. If music leaks and writers want to write about it TB or GnR can't tell them not to. Let's just clear that suggestion up straight away

No, but they tried with this site to get all discussion of it stopped......so this will really piss them off! 

23 minutes ago, JimiRose said:

TB can't ban the media from saying anything unless it's false/slanderous. If music leaks and writers want to write about it TB or GnR can't tell them not to. Let's just clear that suggestion up straight away

Technically speaking, you're right.