ChiDem Leaks Reviewed By UCR

18 minutes ago, LunsJail said:

Does Hard School grow on you? First time hearing it and I’m slightly underwhelmed considering how much it’s talked about here 

Well hopefully it’s improved with the addition of Slash and Duff. Also I don’t think the leak is that high quality. Same with State of Grace and even Perhaps. They sound like demos to me but they all have potential imo. 

Edited by Martin Riggs
  • Like 1

There definitely was some kinda ban at the time. That clickbait site AlternativeNation (I think that’s the name?) would take my speculation on here (among that from other users) and spin it as fact for their articles, yet when something REAL like the village leaks happened, they didn’t say shit.

Edited by rocknroll41
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, LunsJail said:

Does Hard School grow on you? First time hearing it and I’m slightly underwhelmed considering how much it’s talked about here 

I liked it right away. Some aren’t as keen and others had to listen a few times. Maybe you are in the latter category! 🤣

1 hour ago, Dean said:

I did find it really odd that at the time that all of the major media outlets seemed to turn a blind eye to it. That's an interesting point about TB potentially having imposed a media ban.

I think it was just because the media had lost interest in the CD era. Already after the release of CD there was less media interest in the follow up or unreleased songs, because there was no mystique anymore; and then, with the reunion, any interest in that era dissipated. 

So why now? I guess because of the new music buzz. After the release of Absurd and knowing that Hardschool has been rehearsed, they've figured that these leaked songs will be on a potential new album.

• Like 2

Hard School is a Get in the Ring/ Shotgun Blues level song. 

State of Grace is very uninspired.

Perhaps is fine but has a very weak chorus.

Atlas Shrugged has potential. Its a good song that could get much better if they invest some time on working it out.

Oh My God deserves a re-recording.

Zodiac 13 has a killer riff. I’d bet on that one the most.

Me and my Elvis/Elvis Presley and the Monster of Soul/Soul Monster seems like it could go somewhere interesting.

Going Down is fucking amazing and I’m all for Duff recoding it with a Slash solo and decent Axl backing vocals.

3 hours ago, Cosmo said:

Hard School is a Get in the Ring/ Shotgun Blues level song. 

State of Grace is very uninspired.

Perhaps is fine but has a very weak chorus.

Atlas Shrugged has potential. Its a good song that could get much better if they invest some time on working it out.

Zodiac 13 has a killer riff. I’d bet on that one the most.

Me and my Elvis/Elvis Presley and the Monster of Soul/Soul Monster seems like it could go somewhere interesting.

Going Down is fucking amazing and I’m all for Duff recoding it with a Slash solo and decent Axl backing vocals.

Going Down isn't likely for any new album as it had Tommy on lead vocals.

I wonder how the 98-2014 ex Gunners feel about Slash and Duff reworking/recording songs/parts they wrote but could never get released. Must be a bit bittersweet.

45 minutes ago, Gunner Gilby said:

Going Down isn't likely for any new album as it had Tommy on lead vocals.

I wonder how the 98-2014 ex Gunners feel about Slash and Duff reworking/recording songs/parts they wrote but could never get released. Must be a bit bittersweet.

I'd like to know that two,  think Robin won't mind having Slash play his parts or Richard for that

But I do wonder what Ron thinks or Tommy. 

29 minutes ago, gnrjanus said:

I'd like to know that two,  think Robin won't mind having Slash play his parts or Richard for that

But I do wonder what Ron thinks or Tommy. 

Then again who knows how many past members will be on the next album? Apparently it's Brain on drums on Absurd. I heard Slash does all the guitars and Richards not on it either.

5 hours ago, Cosmo said:

I'm right with you on Going Down. Axl's backing vocals are brilliant too.

Not sure about re-recording OMG. I would love to hear what Slash could do with it, but I think I'd rather hear the final cut with Bucket and Finck - although not sure there ever a version with both playing? Didn't Finck claim he never played on it, and is it Bumble on the 2018 leak?

Edited by invisible_rose

1 hour ago, Bitchisback said:

How dare you. 

That song is perfect

1 hour ago, jimisbatman said:

Agree with that, but would also like a clearer version. 

1 hour ago, invisible_rose said:

I'm right with you on Going Down. Axl's backing vocals are brilliant too.

Not sure about re-recording OMG. I would love to hear what Slash could do with it, but I think I'd rather hear the final cut with Bucket and Finck - although not sure there ever a version with both playing? Didn't Finck claim he never played on it, and is it Bumble on the 2018 leak?

It needs a remix - I’m a massive fan of the song but the mix on the OMG soundtrack is muddy and not in a good way. The rough mix with Bumblefoot sounds better but incomplete.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

I'm not much of a fan of Going Down.

Now if they re-recroded Bring it Back Home and Sentimental Movie, i would be all over that, lol.

Too Much Too Soon is a cracking little tune - like 50s rock and roll.

We know these tunes are from Arkeens tape….do we know if GNR actually contributed songwriting to the tracks as they were recorded? Or is all music/lyric by West?

48 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

How about Ain’t Going Down for the new album?

I’m convinced it will be the single release from any UYI deluxe set. If that doesn’t happen then yeah, I’d be happy to have it on a new release.

That damned song has been gestating for about 35 years! 🤣

• Like 1

On 8/15/2021 at 4:04 PM, JimiRose said:

TB can't ban the media from saying anything unless it's false/slanderous. If music leaks and writers want to write about it TB or GnR can't tell them not to. Let's just clear that suggestion up straight away

They could surely use intimidation tactics to get their way. Could 110% see Fernando calling them up with some pussy passive aggressive line 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

I’m convinced it will be the single release from any UYI deluxe set. If that doesn’t happen then yeah, I’d be happy to have it on a new release.

That damned song has been gestating for about 35 years! 🤣

Wow, you’re damn right. Basically Shadow of Your Love 2 

1 minute ago, Underhardy said:

Wow, you’re damn right. Basically Shadow of Your Love 2 

Literally 35 years….it was played live in 86! I know we have the one without vocals from the AFD set and a poor sounding UYI demo…I’d still want a proper mixed version. It’s paid it’s dues and deserves a release. 🤣

16 hours ago, Underhardy said:

They could surely use intimidation tactics to get their way. Could 110% see Fernando calling them up with some pussy passive aggressive line 

Lol fernando could try. and they'd probably reply 'who the fuck is fernando' :lol: 

But in reality GnR give the media nothing, fernando would have zero bargaining. 'Keep quiet on this, ill give you an interview with axl, or an exclusive for the new album' So no journalist will give a shit if fernando or GnR request anything. They'll report on what gets the most clicks. that's all. 

• Like 1