UYI/Absurd Theory

8 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Wouldn't "new songs" on a UYI re-issue would be stuff like Ain't Goin' Down, Down On The Street & Beer And A Cigarette?

Beta saying Absurd "will be on the CD" indicates they're doing an album, or maybe an EP, but it doesn't have anything to do with a UYI anniversary.

Don't forget the extended, remastered My World 🤣.

I've never understood the intrigue of releasing a record with the same name as an older one. If the band wants to release something in the vain of their older material then do that but for the love of god name it something else. Releasing an album named Use Your Illusion III is just tacky IMO.

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, GoForJMark said:

Who started the UYI box set bullshit?

Troccoli kinda started it. The band contacted him regarding his collection and the possibility needing things for a UYI set, similar to the way they used some of his collection for the AFD boxed set. 

Troccoli made it clear from the beginning that he had no idea if a UYI set would happen or not but everyone just ran with it per usual lol. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

Troccoli kinda started it. The band contacted him regarding his collection and the possibility needing things for a UYI set, similar to the way they used some of his collection for the AFD boxed set. 

Troccoli made it clear from the beginning that he had no idea if a UYI set would happen or not but everyone just ran with it per usual lol. 

47 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

This is where it started…..wouldn’t call it bullshit although whether it sees the light of day…….

Totally missed that. But maybe they're just baiting to lock his collection in the vault lol

I can't see any connections between Absurd and UYI though. That UYI font is the same font for the Guns N' Roses bullet logo and even for the not in this lifetime tour. They even used the gnfn'r logo for that tour. 

They're just probably keeping things in uniform. Would be weird if they suddenly used arial black lol

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, GoForJMark said:

Totally missed that. But maybe they're just baiting to lock his collection in the vault lol

I can't see any connections between Absurd and UYI though. That UYI font is the same font for the Guns N' Roses bullet logo and even for the not in this lifetime tour. They even used the gnfn'r logo for that tour. 

They're just probably keeping things in uniform. Would be weird if they suddenly used arial black lol

Totally - i view it as the default ‘GNR’ font to be used on anything TBH.

• Like 3

I thought the theory that Absurd might have been part of some sort of push from Live Nation around the 'all new show' thing was interesting. 

That sort of has legs really in some ways - tour selling poorly, nothing to entice the fans, perhaps even some agreement earlier that the move back up to stadiums from Arenas (still inexplicable in my view) would be prompted by new material, and a hasty attempt to placate things? It would sort of make sense. 

I'm still pretty cynical that the release of Absurd is signalling an imminent new album. It would probably take a new album to be released (or a release date announced) for me to think otherwise. 

59 minutes ago, GoForJMark said:

or comic sans? 311168638_Screenshot2021-08-16at15_17_31.png.cf865dfd3d1f42ea8da91e7fbee40671.png

• Haha 2
  • ABSUЯD 1