Izzy’s song “Bomb” compared to VR’s “Do it for the kids”.

I dont know if im correct or not but Like a Dog is propaby an album written for Velvet Revolver, but since Izzy didnt want a frontman he decided to complete the demos with his JuJu hounds guitarist and release the album so the riffs wouldnt be used for Velvet Revolver.

Like a dog album was released independently. Its not on any streaming services. Its the only album he released independently. 

Edited by Kelmi

24 minutes ago, willl said:

Bomb was recorded in April/May 2003 so it predates Velvet Revolver/The Project :)

Izzy jammed with the Project in the fall of 2002, didn't he? At least according to these postings on Duff's site and a confirmation from Izzy to the old Methanol site:

https://www.a-4-d.com/t4841-2002-10-07-loaded-online-update-on-the-duff-slash-matt-project

https://www.a-4-d.com/t4897-2002-10-28-loaded-online-the-project-update

01.11.2002 - Slash, Duff & Izzy - "The Project" - confirmation from Izzy.

Izzy's been writing and rehearsing w/Slash and Duff for their project. Izzy contributed about 10 songs that may or may not make it to the finished cd. Slash and Duff are currently looking for a singer. (source: Izzy)

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

Izzy jammed with the Project in the fall of 2002, didn't he? At least according to these postings on Duff's site and a confirmation from Izzy to the old Methanol site:

https://www.a-4-d.com/t4841-2002-10-07-loaded-online-update-on-the-duff-slash-matt-project

https://www.a-4-d.com/t4897-2002-10-28-loaded-online-the-project-update

01.11.2002 - Slash, Duff & Izzy - "The Project" - confirmation from Izzy.

Izzy's been writing and rehearsing w/Slash and Duff for their project. Izzy contributed about 10 songs that may or may not make it to the finished cd. Slash and Duff are currently looking for a singer. (source: Izzy)

Thanks for the links, it's been a while so I'd gotten some of the timelines a bit mixed up.

In Slash's bio there's a caption on one of The Project photos which says they might be working on a song called SNAFU, which is another one which ended up on Izzys Like A Dog :)

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Kelmi said:

I dont know if im correct or not but Like a Dog is propaby an album written for Velvet Revolver, but since Izzy didnt want a frontman he decided to complete the demos with his JuJu hounds guitarist and release the album so the riffs wouldnt be used for Velvet Revolver.

Like a dog album was released independently. Its not on any streaming services. Its the only album he released independently. 

It’s on Apple Music.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sledge said:

From memory, the buckcherry guitarist is the only outside member to have a writing credit on contraband. Their song crazy bitch was worked on during those sessions. It is a very Slash sounding song

There's a leaked demo from the pre-Contraband sessions that instrumentally is a blend of Crazy Bitch and Ghost. A guy named Brad Cox sings lead vocals on it. To me the demo is instrumentally better than both songs, it's a shame the vocalist is so mediocre.

On 8/17/2021 at 4:12 AM, LlamaRenegade said:

There's a leaked demo from the pre-Contraband sessions that instrumentally is a blend of Crazy Bitch and Ghost. A guy named Brad Cox sings lead vocals on it. To me the demo is instrumentally better than both songs, it's a shame the vocalist is so mediocre.

I'd be interested in hearing that for the instrumentals

remember that lawsuit VR lost and were found to have ripped off Dirty Little Thing?  does that artist now get song writing credit for that?  or just get royalties (as per the settlement)?   just curious if anyone knew.  I just listened to the song VR ripped off, and wow it was stolen almost note for note lol. 

4 minutes ago, Chester 524 said:

remember that lawsuit VR lost and were found to have ripped off Dirty Little Thing?  does that artist now get song writing credit for that?  or just get royalties (as per the settlement)?   just curious if anyone knew.  I just listened to the song VR ripped off, and wow it was stolen almost note for note lol. 

I have written a bit about this. If you see in the quote from Blabbermouth below, it gives some detail on the settlement:

uten_116.png

• Thanks 1

Really enjoyed Like a Dog. Had no idea it was linked to VR in any respect, was just an izzy fan and excited to get a copy straight from the source. 

Unfortunately I'm pretty sure I lost it many years ago in a move. Every now and then I do a big search through all my crap to see if it turns up, and to no avail. 

15 hours ago, Chester 524 said:

I very much doubt Slash ripped off anyone. I very much doubt he ever heard of the band they had to settle with, or the song. 

There’s only 12 notes in an octave and a limited amount of chords. It’s quite easy to create something similar or even identical without knowing it.

I remember the band Tesla once claiming the song “Patience” was something they created.

Prince once contacted the band Journey because he thought “Purple Rain” sounded too much like “Faithfully” even though he had never heard it before creating Purple Rain.

This kind of thing happens all the time. And not intentionally.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, thunderram said:

I very much doubt Slash ripped off anyone. I very much doubt he ever heard of the band they had to settle with, or the song. 

There’s only 12 notes in an octave and a limited amount of chords. It’s quite easy to create something similar or even identical without knowing it.

I remember the band Tesla once claiming the song “Patience” was something they created.

Prince once contacted the band Journey because he thought “Purple Rain” sounded too much like “Faithfully” even though he had never heard it before creating Purple Rain.

This kind of thing happens all the time. And not intentionally.

I think Slash said the Buckcherry came in with the riff and then they continued to work on it after he was replaced.  the band who originally wrote it was down the hall in the studio and Buvkcherrys guy must have heard it and that was that.  I don't think Slash would need to rip anyone off (or want to), but it technically happened, hence losing 20 percent of contraband royalties to that band