Will it bother you if you already know half of the new album?

Will you be disappointed if you already know half the songs on the next GNR album?  

213 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

For me, no.

If the unexpected release of Absurd proved anything to me, it's that there's something about hearing a previously leaked song officially released that reignites my excitement all over again in the music. I always liked Silkworms, so it's no great surprise that I liked Absurd too, but it goes to show that music leaking without the stamp of approval from the artist doesn't give you the full experience. It makes a difference in some way when the artist/band put their name to something and officially release it.

Personally, I wouldn't be at all bothered if half of the new album is comprised of Hard Skool, Absurd, State of Grace, Atlas Shrugged, Perhaps etc. These are all great songs, and hearing the songs finally finished, with all the bells and whistles, in the form which Axl wanted us to hear them, as part of an album experience is exciting enough for me (as long as there's a good 6-7 unheard songs on the record never before leaked).

Edited by Towelie
  • Like 1
  • ABSUЯD 1

No because all the instrumentals are just that and they will sound very different with vocals, slash and duff, and completed production. Plus I want a lot of those songs. It will be a shame to never get more complete versions of The General, Zodiac, Quicksong, Oklahoma, Soul Monster, etc. 

i would like a couple of unheard Slash led songs that are either new or from the 90s sessions 

Edited by ZoSoRose
  • Like 1

It'd be wild if the majority of the next album is what was featured on the Village leaks. Because that would make consecutive records where leaks determined the track list. Or at least where the majority of the record was heard years prior. Studio quality "Perhaps," "Atlas Shrugged," "Eye on You," "State of Grace," "Hardschool." Yeah, man. I'm all in. That's only half a record. There still has to be unheard stuff there somewhere.

• Like 1

As long as the album version of the song is on par or better than the leaks. Madagascar on CD was a disappointment as it wasn't as good as the RIR 2001 version.

I haven't heard any of the leaks leaked after 2008 except parts of Hardschool, better release UYI3/CD2 soon!

Yeah I wouldn't be disappointed if there was 6 or 7 songs we haven't heard anything of. It would suck if after all this time we'd already heard the bulk of the record already though... i'd also say that a lot of the leaked material as we've heard was hit or miss, so I'd really hope they recut the tracks. Absurd seems to signal that basic arrangements might still be on the table which for me is worrying because there was clearly work to be done!

Edited by Tom2112

I have only heard Hard school from the leaks and I’m not interested in any of the other leaks as I wasn’t a CD fan so they’d all be new to me.  I’m still in hope that there’ll be at least some new songs on any new album. I’m hoping that the songs from CD era they do use for a new album get totally reworked and give an idea what the current line up is all about.

I want to know where the band are now in regards to sound etc not anything to where they were from  a line up from 20 years ago. 

• Like 1

The best 12-14 songs must be on the album. If the best 14 songs available were written in 2000, i couldnt give a fuck. I want the best record. I don't want axl 2020 vocals anywhere near a new record unless he's singing in a low voice doing an acoustic song maybe. 1999-2006 axl vocally was a monster. That has to be the axl on the majority of the record. What can be better than Axl writing songs we agree are good for the most part (from what weve heard from the leaks) and slash and duff coming in and making them great? Just because us saddos know that these songs were first demo'd 20 years ago, doesn't mean anythng. The album will live for decades beyond this band finishing touring. 

• Like 1