Will it bother you if you already know half of the new album?

Will you be disappointed if you already know half the songs on the next GNR album?  

213 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Honestly I have not listened to the leaks a lot even though I have them all.  Kind moved on from that era of GnR since the reunion but I would be absolutely cool with the guys redoing some of those songs!  I like how absurd turned out and I know that was the weakest of the leaks lol. 

I'll be excited to hear anything from these guys 

• Thanks 1

Songs I want to hear most:

1. The General

2. Soul Monster w/ vocals

3. Seven (just because it has orchestration)

4. Atlas Shrugged Redux

5. Eye On You w/ guitars

6. Hard Skool Redux

7. Berlin w/ vocals

8. Zodiac w/ vocals

I already like Perhaps as it is. State Of Grace is cool but it's hard to imagine that updated, seems very much of its time. Then again, Silkworms became Absurd:shrugs:Anything else is a bonus for me.

• Like 4

It doesn't bother me that I may have heard some of the record, as the final production will most likely be different to our ears and hearing those vocals properly mixed and mastered for an official release will no doubt be the biggest highlight for me. I am curious to what happens with a song like The General though, that said, I never would have thought Silkworms would have been reworked with Slash and Duff so anything really is possible.

The casuals filling these venues will be none the wiser when songs were originally written, so it shouldn't be a big deal for any of us, especially when Axl was very much at the top of his game when originally recording those tracks. What a fucking voice.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, JimiRose said:

What can be better than Axl writing songs we agree are good for the most part (from what weve heard from the leaks) and slash and duff coming in and making them great?

giving Slash a chance to come up with his own compositions so Axl can make them great too. I'm a firm believer in the potential of the Village leaks, but every old Guns album benefited greatly from tunes Slash brought in as well and we're not going to get the pure CD ll experience anytime soon anyway.

Bucket got to compose 3 tunes that made it to Chinese. I think Slash deserves the same album space. It should be his vision as well or you're not going to get anything close to a collaborative effort and that was one of the best qualities of Gn'R so at least an attempt to do it is worth a shot imo.

I think Slash can do more than just improve an existing old tune. I value his ability to do that though.

3-4 new Slash tunes would be enough to represent his side of it if it's just 1 album of 14 tunes. the 10 other tunes could be what Axl thinks is the best unreleased shit that can work cohesively on the album.

but maybe the album is already completed or Axl is not interested at all in working on new Slash ideas. idk.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

The only thing I rule out completely is Eye on You. I don’t see a universe where Slash and Duff would want anything to do with that pile of shit.

I like Eye On You 🤣. The macdaddy bit is a bit ‘hmm’ but the vibe and atmosphere of the song is great IMO. Very much of its time though.

9 hours ago, Blackstar said:

I think an acoustic approach of State of Grace would work very well.

Unpopular opinion, but I'd like a studio version of Wichita Lineman. I don't mean for it to take the spot of a "new" song on the album, but I'd definitely prefer it over, for example, a reworked Oh My God or, even worse, a re-recorded CD song - these have been released and it'd be better to let them be.

I know that most people hate the covers, but their arrangement of WL is really good and it also may be - I hope not - the closest this lineup has gotten in doing something creative as band. Axl said he enjoyed it because it reminded him the acoustic sessions in the '80s.

Agreed - I’d take a studio Wichita….ideally not stealing a spot on the new album but as a b-side/EP/bonus or whatever.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

The only thing I rule out completely is Eye on You. I don’t see a universe where Slash and Duff would want anything to do with that pile of shit.

You think Eye On You is worse than Silkworms? I know it's a divisive track but it's decent for what it is, a brainless rocker of the kind we listen to from GNR all the time, it's got a badass groove and any addition from Slash and Duff would make it even better. Remember Nightrain is a song about being drunk, not exactly any more sophisticated topic than being a Mac Daddy in Eye On You. Now that they have used the worst CD leftover nothing can be ruled out, tbh.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown

14 hours ago, GnR Chris said:

It'd be wild if the majority of the next album is what was featured on the Village leaks. Because that would make consecutive records where leaks determined the track list. Or at least where the majority of the record was heard years prior. Studio quality "Perhaps," "Atlas Shrugged," "Eye on You," "State of Grace," "Hardschool."

13 yrs since last release and they release "Eye On You" on new album....... that's Absurd(ity) 

I'd love 3/4 best of cd tracks, ie oklahoma/elvis/tonto/must/perhaps, and a few new rockers over completely new album with new compositions.  I love the cd era despite the casual fan concensus that it was "not gnr". AND, would love the album to have a high dynamic range and not loud in the "loudness wars" sense. Anyone notice how overly loud Absurd was? 

2 hours ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

You think Eye On You is worse than Silkworms? I know it's a divisive track but it's decent for what it is, a brainless rocker of the kind we listen to from GNR all the time, it's got a badass groove and any addition from Slash and Duff would make it even better. Remember Nightrain is a song about being drunk, not exactly any more sophisticated topic than being a Mac Daddy in Eye On You. Now that they have used the worst CD leftover nothing can be ruled out, tbh.

I’m a huge fan of the CD era, and Eye on You is probably the only song that I think is completely garbage. It would be kinda funny as a joke but it’s more of a rap song than a rock song. Maybe you could take the main “eye on you” line and write some lyrics in between them with a riff, but at that point it’s a different song.

4 hours ago, jimisbatman said:

I'd love 3/4 best of cd tracks, ie oklahoma/elvis/tonto/must/perhaps, and a few new rockers over completely new album with new compositions.  I love the cd era despite the casual fan concensus that it was "not gnr". AND, would love the album to have a high dynamic range and not loud in the "loudness wars" sense. Anyone notice how overly loud Absurd was? 

I think Absurd being loud was more of a style choice and is likely more of a one-off in that regard, at least we can hope.  Axl seems pretty in tune with how he wants an album to sound ( picking the CD master with the best dynamic range, that Brain story about Axl picking up on a small drum bit missing ).

Just guessing, I feel like we'll get 1/3 new/unheard stuff that is Slash heavy, 1/3 stuff we've already heard ( we're already close to that once Hard School drops ), and 1/3 unheard CD stuff.

• GNFNR 1

19 hours ago, drlaban said:

As long as the album version of the song is on par or better than the leaks. Madagascar on CD was a disappointment as it wasn't as good as the RIR 2001 version.

I haven't heard any of the leaks leaked after 2008 except parts of Hardschool, better release UYI3/CD2 soon!

Pretty much everything they played at rir3 were better than how they ended up on CD 

except CD IMO

34 minutes ago, tkarmy said:

Pretty much everything they played at rir3 were better than how they ended up on CD 

except CD IMO

Songs from RIR3 ending up on CD:

Madagascar
Chinese Democracy
The Blues

So other than Madagascar you claim that The Blues too is better than on CD.

Another new song was Silkworms. As we all know, Absurd is better.

7 hours ago, Amir said:

Songs I want to hear most:

1. The General

2. Soul Monster w/ vocals

3. Seven (just because it has orchestration)

4. Atlas Shrugged Redux

5. Eye On You w/ guitars

6. Hard Skool Redux

7. Berlin w/ vocals

8. Zodiac w/ vocals

I already like Perhaps as it is. State Of Grace is cool but it's hard to imagine that updated, seems very much of its time. Then again, Silkworms became Absurd:shrugs:Anything else is a bonus for me.

All you mentioned, plus:

9. Cuban Skies

10. OMG2

11. Tonto

12. Quick Song

13. Thyme

14. Ides Of March

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jimisbatman said:

I didn't look at the wave worm, but that mix sounded like a mess so not surprising. 1999 Oh My God also has a huge waveform on the spectrum. 

• Like 1

Wouldn't bother me going by my excitement for CD despite hearing the majority a shit ton before the official release. 

I'd like to try not listen to any leaks and stuff and give the new release a listen like I do with all other bands that release music. 

But, tbh, anything coming out of gnr camp official, demo, leak etc. I have decades of curiosity and GNR nerding that basically means I'll give whatever a listen as soon as its available. 

13 hours ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

I can’t almost guarantee that if Eye on You is ever officially released it will not have the Mac Daddy part anymore. It was sorta ridiculous 20 years ago and would be beyond ridiculous today. 

EI think we have to be realistic here. Guns last album of original material was 2008 and last albums of original material with Slash and Duff was 91. My dream would be for them to release two separate discs like they did with Use Your Illusion. A mix of the best Chinese leftovers and some original ideas Axl, Dizzy, Slash and Duff came up with. But whatever helps them release a new album or two the fastest works for me.

Axl, Dizzy, Slash and Duff all seem to be in a good place. I'm sure whatever comes out next won't be their last album. And Slash and Duff being there vs hired hands I think pushes Axl to do stuff. They're more his equals.