Songs not played

22 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Oh well, Back Off Bitch is my most disliked song on UYI's - all the classic era, actually :lol:

I feel that. Slash's outstanding main solo is the only thing that saves it for me. The rest of the song feels very amateur compared to almost anything else in the catalog.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kanecrescente said:

The Garden is another UYI classic that this band (Axl included) would nail live... one day hopefully. 

It is hard for me to picture Axl nailing any of that stuff but I wouldn't want that to hold them back from trying. 

I think a good solution like others might have suggested is a medley either with or without Axl. That would allow a few good songs to be played again but condensed without taking so much concert time. Make it a 10 minute medley. I'm sure the band would love to play some rarer deep cuts. 

On 8/20/2021 at 7:04 PM, AxlRoseCDII said:

UYI I in general needs more love. Always felt like more of a sequel to AFD than UYI II ever did, of course there were ballads but some great hard rockers that could've been on Appetite like Perfect Crime and RNDTH.

In an interview Axl did with Kurt Loder in 1991 he says that side one of UYI 1 was intended to be more in the vein of Appetite and side two more experimental. And also that side one of UYI 2 has southern feel to it. Which it does.

Use Your Illusions are such great records. UYI 2 was the first GN'R album I owned. It still brings up the strongest memories for me because for a while it was the only Guns record I owned.

• Like 1

On 8/20/2021 at 7:22 PM, Blackstar said:

Oh well, Back Off Bitch is my most disliked song on UYI's - all the classic era, actually :lol:

The guitar work is ok, interesting as it features Izzy doing lead stuff too. But overall the song is just weak filler, a throwaway song from 1981 with crappy angry teenager lyrics, total dogshit really

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tom-Ass said:

That and Think About You were sound checked before Covid and sounded pretty damn good. 

That's what I mean! having songs that he sounds decent on locked and loaded (pun intended) and NOT playing them! my god🤔 Final night of the leg, PTU TAY and Haerdskool! I'm betting everything!

On 8/20/2021 at 1:22 PM, Blackstar said:

This is the most dislikable opinion I’ve read on this thread - on the entire forum perhaps :lol:

Edited by Flayer
  • Haha 2

"Bad Obsession", "Oh My God", and "Riad" would be interesting how Melissa would fire Axl's screams like she does with Absurd live.

I think DOTF would be very comfortable for Axl and the band. And I need to see "Catcher In The Rye" as fixed on set (as they add / play with more songs from the CD).