Alternative Arrangements?

I like what they did with You're Crazy. They got a fast version, an slow acoustic version and a slow electric version.

I wonder why they never change arrangements for some other songs, leave the big hits untouched but play around with some lesser known gems.

Slower bluesy versions of Nightrain or even YCBM could work great or maybe - hear me out here - Dust N' Bones or even PTU as a slow piano ballad-esque version with those mean lyrics done crooner style in Axl's deep voice, Slash and Richard doing the guitar work a little slower and Duff and Melissa singing backup and harmony vocals.

I think stuff like that would totally rock, make the show a lot more fun and less predictable, breathing new life into some old songs by giving them a twist.

What do you think?

• Like 1
  • ABSUЯD 1

If GNR ever did a full on Unlpugged show (pretending Bridge School 2012 does not exist for this one lol) I would love to hear an acoustic and piano driven arrangement of "Breakdown".  Honestly I really wish GNR explored the acoustic stuff more - their acoustic CBGB show and even the acoustic set in '93 are some of my all time favorites to go back to

• Like 2

It would be most welcome. Aside from making a few of the tougher songs easier on Axl, it would just make for some cool and unique performances. I always loved the stripped back November Rain from 1993 and would certainly welcome other songs done that way.

A groovy, slowed down version of You Could Be Mine that Axl sings in his natural voice? Sign me up!

There's plenty of work arounds that could be done to help Axl out, plus I've always loved when bands put a spin on classics to keep things fresh live.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, WhazUp said:

If GNR ever did a full on Unlpugged show (pretending Bridge School 2012 does not exist for this one lol) I would love to hear an acoustic and piano driven arrangement of "Breakdown".  Honestly I really wish GNR explored the acoustic stuff more - their acoustic CBGB show and even the acoustic set in '93 are some of my all time favorites to go back to

The Bridge School could have been legendary if Axl was able to sing 

6 hours ago, WhazUp said:

Axl's deeper voice with an acoustic guitar is bliss

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bitchisback said:

I always loved this song, and this is a great version.  I'm so happy it got released.

When I first saw that there was like 4 or 5 version of Move To The City on Locked and Loaded, I thought it was ridiculous.. They ended up being some of the best songs out of all the demos though.. They probably could have placed them better though. I think there were 3 versions on one CD.

The 2 songs that instantly come to mind are November Rain and KOHD.

Strip November Rain down to just Axl and Slash for most of the song, like the Skin N' Bones version, and have the rest of the band come in for the outro. Maybe tune it down a bit so Axl can sing it with a deep voice.

KOHD just needs to be cut in half... go back to the AFD version and if they feel like extending it, then keep it at 7-8 minutes tops.

Don't Cry as part of an acoustic set would be cool, maybe play the alt lyrics version once in a while...

34 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

When I first saw that there was like 4 or 5 version of Move To The City on Locked and Loaded, I thought it was ridiculous.. They ended up being some of the best songs out of all the demos though.. They probably could have placed them better though. I think there were 3 versions on one CD.

I agree with everything here.

I think my favorite thing released in the L&L box set was the elephant dick under my arm version of move to the city.  The energy is so good in that one.  Sounds like they were really having fun.

Whisky!! 

• Like 1