Anyone been to a recent Adler show?

2 hours ago, mingsubu said:

The band was running late, for a 9 pm start. A man came out and introduced himself as the band's tour manager. He instructed and had the audience practice how to cheer for each band member. Then went on and on about the bass player's dick. After all of this, he than says that he is a comedian. 

Idk wtf he was doing.

Then some other guy introduced the band.

Sounds like the show was #demented... :lol:

k4tjs366jyi71.jpg

• Haha 4
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, mingsubu said:

The band was running late, for a 9 pm start. A man came out and introduced himself as the band's tour manager. He instructed and had the audience practice how to cheer for each band member. Then went on and on about the bass player's dick. After all of this, he than says that he is a comedian. 

Idk wtf he was doing.

Then some other guy introduced the band.

Oh ok. That sounds kind of annoying tbh, like hurry up and get on stage.

On 8/21/2021 at 11:54 AM, Original said:

I’m in Vegas and Steven is playing free as part of The Fremont Street summer concert series.   Think I wanna go.  Thoughts?  I YouTube’d his last show and looks kick ass.  

What did you think?

3 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

Oh ok. That sounds kind of annoying tbh, like hurry up and get on stage.

What did you think?

Kicked ass.  Fun seeing Steven live.  Singer was outstanding.  Great band.  Mostly  all GnR songs.   I’d see this again in a heartbeat. Huge crowd.  Steven has that magical smile still.    I just loved it all.  So glad I went!!!!  *** I don’t think Steven was late….rather Vegas billed it as 9-11PM.  Steven was contracted for 90 minutes from what I understand.  So NOT his fault. Vegas wanted the 30 minutes for the stupid ass comedian etc

Edited by Original
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Original said:

Kicked ass.  Fun seeing Steven live.  Singer was outstanding.  Great band.  Mostly  all GnR songs.   I’d see this again in a heartbeat. Huge crowd.  Steven has that magical smile still.    I just loved it all.  So glad I went!!!!  *** I don’t think Steven was late….rather Vegas billed it as 9-11PM.  Steven was contracted for 90 minutes from what I understand.  So NOT his fault. Vegas wanted the 30 minutes for the stupid ass comedian etc

Oh I see, so they probably were actually scheduled for 9:30. This was probably also a tactic to get people to show up and have a full crowd by the first song.

• Like 1

Saw him a few years ago, I honestly think I had more fun than most NITL GNR shows I went to, I am guessing the smaller gig, only older GNR songs played, and as Izzy said Steven was the "feel" of GNR and you really felt it seeing him live, I also paid $100 and got a meet and greet with him before the show and a spot in front of the stage which may have helped

• 3 months later...
On 8/22/2021 at 6:37 AM, Dean said:

Slightly off topic here, but in Adler's book, does he mention his dealings with AC/DC in 1990 and rumoured audition? I haven't read his book, but would like to know more about this period. Adler on Razors Edge would have been such a big deal, but maybe it's a good thing it didn't happen, for his own well being, exposed to that level of success once again, especially on the road, he would have inevitably had access to anything he wished.

yes, Steven talks about this on his book and basically confirms what somebody else said :

Page 350:

“Just when I couldn’t have been more numb or depressed, hope appeared on the horizon. One of my lawyers called and told me that AC/DC was auditioning for a new drummer. “They are considering you, Steven. I am going to get you this gig.”
“Do it!” I shouted. I was so happy; at last, a chance at redemption.
But the stars were not lined up for me. That same fucking night, an interview with Axl aired on MTV. He spoke of how GNR was so much more than he ever expected. Then the topic of the former drummer came up, and Axl stuck a spike in my heart. “Steven is so fucked up on drugs. He can’t even play anymore. He’s someone I used to know". My head was spinning; this was on MTV, national TV. Axl, the most popular rock star at the time, had just told the world I was a fuckup. It was unbelievable bad timing. I never heard another word about the AC/DC gig.”

Edited by superloconoriega
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/25/2021 at 5:56 PM, superloconoriega said:

yes, Steven talks about this on his book and basically confirms what somebody else said :

Page 350:

“Just when I couldn’t have been more numb or depressed, hope appeared on the horizon. One of my lawyers called and told me that AC/DC was auditioning for a new drummer. “They are considering you, Steven. I am going to get you this gig.”
“Do it!” I shouted. I was so happy; at last, a chance at redemption.
But the stars were not lined up for me. That same fucking night, an interview with Axl aired on MTV. He spoke of how GNR was so much more than he ever expected. Then the topic of the former drummer came up, and Axl stuck a spike in my heart. “Steven is so fucked up on drugs. He can’t even play anymore. He’s someone I used to know". My head was spinning; this was on MTV, national TV. Axl, the most popular rock star at the time, had just told the world I was a fuckup. It was unbelievable bad timing. I never heard another word about the AC/DC gig.”

I’m pretty sure AC/DC would have done their homework. They would have at the very least enquired as to why he wasn’t in GNR anymore and that would have been that. This just seems an easy way to blame Axl. 

• Like 1