DJ Ashba was approached to join the NITL Tour

8 hours ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Did Duff really shove Pitman against the wall? I remember hearing that in 2016 but I struggle to imagine woke Duff getting physically violent with someone nowadays.

I can see how Pitman's face would lead even the Dalai Lama to violence, to be perfectly honest.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 8/22/2021 at 9:22 PM, MaskingApathy said:

Well we saw how that worked out (Sixx AM).

Frank - They were told that Matt was a non-starter so they were basically forced to go with Frank. 

Richard- Well Izzy never showed and they couldn't come to an agreement and Slash and Duff seem to like him so they were like whatever fine.

Melissa - Slash doesn't care

Big difference between playing on that song and having DJ Ashba on stage next to you every night.

Slash has a lot more leverage than people realize. Duff alone wouldn't be enough to play stadiums again. 

"Slash has a lot more leverage than people realize. Duff alone wouldn't be enough to play stadiums again. "

This is the key and why Axl called Slash. NuGNR was over, there was no serious plan to release a new album after CD and Axl had access to hundreds of millions just calling Slash, putting the band together and so it happened. There was no intention to put new music out with the reunion and it is fine, I understand.

The question I have is why Axl didn't do this before? Slash and Duff would have played at any time, they died to go back in GNR.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lost un the jungle said:

The question I have is why Axl didn't do this before? Slash and Duff would have played at any time, they died to go back in GNR.

Because Axl put loyality over money. At least, until 2015. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, lost un the jungle said:

and so why did he wanted the GNR name back then? It is business, people get greedy, some contribute more than other and some people feel that hey have more rights than other, this happens in all orders of life

Because Axl thinks HE is guns n roses. At least he used to.  I think now he realizes it's bigger than just him.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Did Duff really shove Pitman against the wall? I remember hearing that in 2016 but I struggle to imagine woke Duff getting physically violent with someone nowadays.

Well he is a martial arts master so he definitely could if he wanted to.

12 hours ago, Sosso said:

I've heard that Pitman has sabotaged his own position in the band. He played extra loud during the rehearsals and added weird sounds just to disctract Slash & Duff. 

Interesting, where did you hear that? Totally sounds like something he would do if he was upset about them coming back and being more important than him.

13 hours ago, Bitchisback said:

Because Axl thinks HE is guns n roses. At least he used to.  I think now he realizes it's bigger than just him.

Given the sales and tour differences between a shitty Vegas residency and the 3rd largest grossing tour of all time, even Axl has to sit up and take notice of that! 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, lost un the jungle said:

"Slash has a lot more leverage than people realize. Duff alone wouldn't be enough to play stadiums again. "

This is the key and why Axl called Slash. NuGNR was over, there was no serious plan to release a new album after CD and Axl had access to hundreds of millions just calling Slash, putting the band together and so it happened. There was no intention to put new music out with the reunion and it is fine, I understand.

I think had it have happened before maybe 2013 when Axl dirt of mellowed out and lost his fire it would've imploded. Even in 2012, around the rock n roll Hall of fame incident Axl was still too volatile it would never have worked. 2014 was important having Duff back to lead to what happened next. 

Imagine it in 2006 how long the reunion would've lasted, probably a few shows as Axl could still flip at any time. 

• Like 2

Axl may have been looking to keep the three guitar arrangement he’d gotten used to, and who else was there besides DJ. May be one reason some of the CD songs dropped out of the set list permanently.

Edited by Flayer

7 minutes ago, Flayer said:

Axl may have been looking to keep the three guitar arrangement he’d gotten used to, and who else was there besides DJ. May be one reason some of the CD songs dropped out of the set list permanently.

Literally anyone not wearing a top hat and smoking a cigarette while playing on a Gibson... :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

19 minutes ago, Flayer said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't Izzy involved in the initial talks.  Could have been Slash, Izzy and Richard.  Altho I'm sure Slash and Izzy would not want a third guitarist up there with them

52 minutes ago, Bitchisback said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't Izzy involved in the initial talks.  Could have been Slash, Izzy and Richard.  Altho I'm sure Slash and Izzy would not want a third guitarist up there with them

I think it was more as a guest for Coachella but he flaked on them. I agree with the 2nd sentence. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...