Frank and Brain on Chinese Democracy

On 8/23/2021 at 1:46 AM, Gunner Gilby said:

Brain's cool. But I don't think it was pointless to have the current drummer play on the then new album. I remember being disappointed that Frank and Richard only played on five songs each of the albums fourteen tracks.

Likewise I'm disappointed that Richard and Frank aren't on Absurd.

Is Richard not on absurd?

9 hours ago, SAU3R said:

They’ll take Brains snare (+1.5 dB), Franks bass drum, Joshs toms and paste Stevens cymbals from the AFD sessions on all of this 

Don’t forget the snare sample form Silkworms 

On 8/23/2021 at 4:46 AM, Gunner Gilby said:

Brain's cool. But I don't think it was pointless to have the current drummer play on the then new album. I remember being disappointed that Frank and Richard only played on five songs each of the albums fourteen tracks.

When I first heard Absurd I was like “damn, Richard and Slash sound killer together” :lol:

• Haha 1

On 8/23/2021 at 9:46 AM, Gunner Gilby said:

Do we know for sure that richard isn't? He plays the little solo fills live that have been added. If it is just slash on the release, why doesn't slash play all the lead parts live? It's not like he's playing something else over richards bit. 

Edited by JimiRose
typo

On 8/23/2021 at 7:35 AM, jimisbatman said:

And wasn't Brain's parts an exact replica of Josh Freeze's parts? 

Ahem.... The song's with Josh's drum parts are the best versions of the CD demo's imo. Sorry for digressing off topic. 

Brain initially did replicate Josh's drums, then he later did his own takes. This has been mentioned in interviews, and the Village leaks also indicate this. 

• Like 1

On 9/4/2021 at 11:43 PM, Sweersa said:

Brain initially did replicate Josh's drums, then he later did his own takes. This has been mentioned in interviews, and the Village leaks also indicate this. 

He recorded the drums quite a few times. They were done again after the village leak era, the great IRS leak from 2006 with bucket on has rerecorded drums that sound huge. 

On 9/5/2021 at 6:54 AM, Pskihq92 said:

Or he played "like Slash"

The leads and the right panned guitar at the very least, are all Slash.  I still go back-and-forth if the guitar playing rhythm on the left is Fortus or Slash - I am leaning towards it most likely being Slash doing what he did on Locomotive for example because that second rhythm part has his tone going on, more than Fortus' part live