So Fernando dropped by

5 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

I was under the complete impression he said yes to a hard school single or video. Guess I misunderstood what was being said.

There could be. Just not sure if it was completely clear as there was a lot of joking around and cross posts.

He did say he would be back I think so maybe he'll confirm exactly what was meant.

• Like 2

As with all things GN'R, I'll be happy to be wrong. 

I'd love for there to be an HS single on the way, physical or otherwise. I just think that if people read the thread for themselves, they'll see its not exactly cut and dried. 

On a side note, Fernando did say he'd try to stop back by later. So maybe hell clarify then? 

I get with GNR anything can happen. Looking at the posts I seriously think it was referring to HS. The exchange between the two contained quotes and stemmed from talking about HS. I know that with this band anything can happen, so I do hope Fernando comes back and clarifies exactly what he meant.

• Like 1

Just now, StrangerInThisTown said:

The first exchange was actually:

Stayofexecution: "Put up some great promo for hard skool and I'll change it. Promise."

Fernandos reply:  "Could we vote on what it could be? "

Fernando meant his signature with that, BUT in the exchange that we just talked about, which came after the reply for hard skool, he answers it, it would make 0 sense for the reply then to be about Absurd.

Completely agree. That's how I'm reading it as well. Absurd wasn't mentioned anywhere.

• Like 2

Ummm, wouldn't you guys want the first official video/single to be something way better than 'Hard School?'  I mean, it's kinda good, but that's all.  Assuming Axl doesn't overproduce the shit out of it, I'm sure Slash and Duff's contributions will make it, like, 30% better but STILL.  I don't know what to expect.  I just don't want old ass material (that differs significantly from classic GNR) getting pushed out there.  

Edited by Tyson

2 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

The first exchange was actually:

Stayofexecution: "Put up some great promo for hard skool and I'll change it. Promise."

Fernandos reply:  "Could we vote on what it could be? "

Fernando meant his signature with that, BUT in the exchange that we just talked about, which came after the reply for hard skool, he answers it, it would make 0 sense for the reply then to be talking about Absurd.

Just now, AxlRoseCDII said:

Completely agree. That's how I'm reading it as well. Absurd wasn't mentioned anywhere.

I see what y'all are saying. As I always say, I'd love to be wrong and I hope I am. 

I'd love for a Hard School single and (gasp!) a full album to be on the way. For the record, I didn't mean any disrespect to @Stay.Of.Executionwith my opinions. I just hope everyone doesn't take everything said so far today as fact because we know that's never a good plan in GN'R world.

Personally, I'm just excited that any vinyl is on the way. Hell......I'm not even mad he said "vinyls" lol

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

As with all things GN'R, I'll be happy to be wrong. 

I'd love for there to be an HS single on the way, physical or otherwise. I just think that if people read the thread for themselves, they'll see its not exactly cut and dried. 

On a side note, Fernando did say he'd try to stop back by later. So maybe hell clarify then? 

Maybe he'll bring @dexter with him?

• Haha 1
  • ABSUЯD 2

1 minute ago, RussTCB said:

I see what y'all are saying. As I always say, I'd love to be wrong and I hope I am. 

I'd love for a Hard School single and (gasp!) a full album to be on the way. For the record, I didn't mean any disrespect to @Stay.Of.Executionwith my opinions. I just hope everyone doesn't take everything said so far today as fact because we know that's never a good plan in GN'R world.

Personally, I'm just excited that any vinyl is on the way. Hell......I'm not even mad he said "vinyls" lol

I understand being skeptical. I'll respect your opinions like you do ours. From my perspective, this looks like a more serious confirmation than anything before, which is why I lack being skeptical about what was referred to. 

Again, I hope Fernando chooses to confirm some things so we don't end up having an 100 page discussion about something that could've meant nothing.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Tyson said:

Ummm, wouldn't you guys want the first official video/single to be something way better than 'Hard School?'  I mean, it's kinda good, but that's all.  Assuming Axl doesn't overproduce the shit out of it, I'm sure Slash and Duff's contributions will make it, like, 30% better but STILL.  I don't know what to expect.  I just don't want old ass material (that differs significantly from classic GNR) getting pushed out there.  

No, I really like Hard Skool. 

• GNFNR 2

Just now, sofine11 said:

So what's the confusion? That the vinyl/physical release he was referring to was not necessarily for "Hard Skool" but an album?

Fernando needs to provide input on whether or not they will do an audio cassette release. I'm seriously interested in this.  

Just now, Sweersa said:

Fernando needs to provide input on whether or not they will do an audio cassette release. I'm seriously interested in this.  

If there's money to be made, it'll get rreleaed on that format. And there's a lot of money to be made in cassettes right now. I have zero interest in them myself, but they're made a big comeback. So if a GN'R alvum is coming in the next year, I'd make a strong bet it'll get a cassette release. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

If there's money to be made, it'll get rreleaed on that format. And there's a lot of money to be made in cassettes right now. I have zero interest in them myself, but they're made a big comeback. So if a GN'R alvum is coming in the next year, I'd make a strong bet it'll get a cassette release. 

Cassettes are back? Fot real?