So Fernando dropped by

2 hours ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

She said it to someone else saying that margott was vicious or something and always trying to stirr shit Up. Can't remember what made her say it

What why? Margott is one of the nicest people in the whole fandom. 

1 hour ago, lukepowell1988 said:

Aww poor millionare crying herself to sleep in a malibu mansion cos the girl on the internet said mean things

I don't think Beta is a millionaire. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Voodoochild said:

Would be nice also to not have people associating immigrants with all sorts of shit, especially comparing Beta to a racist cartoon character. I don't care if she's a terrible person or not, this is way above that.

Agree. But I don't think anyone here is blaming the fans for real. Keep in mind that fans are starving for info and it's pretty normal to want that. 

Agree about it "racist cartoon character". It was gross.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

She attacked margott just a cpl months ago 

Just a few days ago she told someone the world would be a better place without him just cause he didn't like absurd

Just gonna sit on the fence here. I’m sure Margott is a lovely person and doesn’t deserve criticism from someone who doesn’t know her.

But, Unfortunately that’s the basic premise behind a lot of the ill feeling directed towards us fans too though. There are a lot of fans, random people, the public, us, that talk shit about Axl, Fernando, Beta and others, that don’t actually know them at all. So how can they deserve that? People form their judgements based on virtually nothing. Now I’m as frustrated as the next person about a lack of new music and a severe lack of any information about that, but I can’t say I know the intricacies of the background to have an informed opinion.

I’ve only met one member of the Lebeis family, Vanessa, a few times, and she was absolutely delightful. A truly beautiful person that wouldn’t be like that if she wasn’t brought up well. Others have commented that Beta and Fernando are really lovely too, when they have actually met them or got to know them.

Beta and Fernando go into over-protective mode when shit gets talked about their loved one, Axl. I’d hope that I would react the same in similar circumstances. Wouldn’t you?

• Like 1

15 hours ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Original post by Stayofexecution: "A single, a video, some advertisement, maybe an interview (I know, wild stuff). "

Reply of Fernando:  

"Sorry, I was talking about your signature. 

But, yes, yes and maybe yes?"

It's pretty clear to me that he was answering to "a single, a video, some advertisement"  - first yes (a single) second yes (video) maybe yes (advertisement)

Or maybe he can't count and was saying yes to an interview?? Who knows. It's vague as always and I believe shit when I see it. So not much has changed.

Why the hell does everything always have to be so vague when it comes to GN’R? At this stage, it doesn’t add an element of mystery or excitement, it just annoys us, well, it annoys the shit out of me! 

Just straight up tell us, or piss off already. 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

Or maybe he can't count and was saying yes to an interview?? Who knows. It's vague as always and I believe shit when I see it. So not much has changed.

It's safe to assume the first yes is directed to the first thing mentioned, which is the single, that's the important part anyway. What an intelligent assumption that Fernando can't count to 3, why don't we go with that? Stop sniffing glue, if you have to start coming up with retarded excuses like an adult man can't count to 3, you have to start realizing you are probably on the wrong track. Everyone is free to believe whatever the fuck they want, but giving "yes" as an answer is not vague to me, doesn't take 200 IQ to figure out what that means.

3 hours ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

It's safe to assume the first yes is directed to the first thing mentioned, which is the single, that's the important part anyway. What an intelligent assumption that Fernando can't count to 3, why don't we go with that? Stop sniffing glue, if you have to start coming up with retarded excuses like an adult man can't count to 3, you have to start realizing you are probably on the wrong track. Everyone is free to believe whatever the fuck they want, but giving "yes" as an answer is not vague to me, doesn't take 200 IQ to figure out what that means.

No need to get pissy now. Why would he say "maybe yes" to advertisment? Either there is or there isn't. Seems to be clear cut, if you want to release a single and a video. An interview on the other hand would more likely warrant a "maybe yes". But whatever. You keep assuming and believing what you want. I don't care. Fact is, there were 3 yesses with a question mark to 4 options.

Edited by PatrickS77

I was tooo happy to see fernando and dropped but then read it full :(

wish they had a management like kiss, metallica and that kinda shit. this band is wasting themselves and also being wasted on a colossal level. the band, the management and the label all of them suck magnificently in business.

is so crazy to me that we don t have a direct contact with the band in any form, i mean we can t talk to them anymore, is so rare, a manager who doesn t talk with the hard fans, even make fun of them, they trate us like if we were some kind of crazy stalkers IS A ROCK BAND we r fans who want to know about his favorite band, those people are INSANE 

Edited by darkside259

8 hours ago, jamillos said:

So err, I’ve just woken up. Out of all threads, the Lithos one, eh? Now I don’t wanna sound negative, but what was the point? He pops in, says some vague, evasive stuff as usual, avoids any of the important questions, and off he goes. Great, thanks, Mr. Manager. 

he was here to talk about lithos, not discuss new music/future plans if I understand it correctly and he still at least gave a vague answer about some questions. I think he doesn't have permission to talk freely about what we want to know. I wish communication with fans would be different, but I think it's more of an Axl thing, he decides about that stuff, not Fernando.

I think there was a point for those who care about the subject in the thread and maybe it's nice for Fernando to talk about shit that he's a part of and maybe to clarify some things.

• Like 4

i mean what happend even in the past Axl himself visit the forum and answer question HIMSELF that thing was really impresive i was a kid and a found that blow my mind, that was how i get to the forum, but now days is so hermetic 

and why not duff or slash tallks with us?? why r they sooooooo quiet bout this 

@darkside259making your post obnoxious doesn't help anything. Also, I'm no fan of how GN'R does its business but it's not exactly normal for bands to stay in constant contact with their fans.

Some bands may give that appearance through social media but 95% of the time, it's a social media manager interacting with fans, not the band or band management. 

2 hours ago, allwaystired said:

As ever, I'll believe things (such as a new album) when they happen. That's the only stance a sane person can have when it comes to GNR! 

Spot on. And really, nothing Fernando says means diddly squat until it actually happens anyway, lest we not forget his new album "within the next 6 months" gem from 2019.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RussTCB said:

@darkside259making your post obnoxious doesn't help anything. Also, I'm no fan of how GN'R does its business but it's not exactly normal for bands to stay in constant contact with their fans.

Some bands may give that appearance through social media but 95% of the time, it's a social media manager interacting with fans, not the band or band management. 

sorry dude im loosing my head with this

13 hours ago, Ak1nney said:

Ehh. Something out of nothing. Somewhat vague responses on new releases isn't enough for me to get excited about.

Exactly. It's the same thing we've heard for years. Don't get why even some long term users are getting excited haha, why is this time any different? Yes, they did release Absurd, but it's a stand alone release that isn't tied to an album or anything. 

Stockholm syndrome and MyGNR seem to often go hand in hand. I'd say the best thing to do is to not believe anything and not get excited until something really drops.

7 minutes ago, goldentobacco said:

Exactly. It's the same thing we've heard for years. Don't get why even some long term users are getting excited haha, why is this time any different? Yes, they did release Absurd, but it's a stand alone release that isn't tied to an album or anything. 

Stockholm syndrome and MyGNR seem to often go hand in hand. I'd say the best thing to do is to not believe anything and not get excited until something really drops.

Stockholm Syndrome is very apt here.

If someone was to tell us all a month ago that they would release 'Silkworms' (with 99 vocals) as a single, they would be accused of major trolling.  I don't think people would have ever believed he'd have the balls to release their worst finished demo from 20 years ago and not even update the vocal - yet here we are.

I'm utterly astonished that some of the long term fans see this as some sign of new songs on the horizon.  Even more astonished that they are seeing quotes from Beta or others as 'confirmation' that a new album is coming.

For me, it 100% solidified my belief that the well is drying up, and IF we get a new album, it will be the last of the leftovers, most of which we've heard.

I believe Russ is right - the new album will be a live reunion special with Absurd and maybe HardSkool as bonus tracks (same original vocal of course).

In the unlikely event a new album does come out, I think we've already heard Axl's contributions in full, except maybe The General and a cover or two.

36 minutes ago, darkside259 said:

sorry dude im loosing my head with this

How the fuck can you be losing your head with this now? We just had a new single out and both Beta and Fernando have indicated more music is in the works. Sure, there is always more we would like but this is a significant improvement compared to how it's been for the last 2 5 10 years.

• Like 2

Just now, SoulMonster said:

How the fuck can you be losing your head with this now? We just had a new single out and both Beta and Fernando have indicated more music is in the works. Sure, there is always more we would like but this is a significant improvement compared to how it's been for the last 2 5 10 years.

calm down i was joking