So Fernando dropped by

25 minutes ago, goldentobacco said:

Exactly. It's the same thing we've heard for years. Don't get why even some long term users are getting excited haha, why is this time any different? Yes, they did release Absurd, but it's a stand alone release that isn't tied to an album or anything. 

How do you know Absurd isn't connected to a larger release?

Anyway, the reason why this time is different is the amount of signals pointing to a new release. And that includes proof that Slash and Duff have been adding their input to GN'R songs, that both Beta and Fernando have indicated music is coming, in addition to people like Sue. There is a buzz building and I can't remember that having happened before since before the release of CD.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Pele said:

I'm utterly astonished that some of the long term fans see this as some sign of new songs on the horizon.  Even more astonished that they are seeing quotes from Beta or others as 'confirmation' that a new album is coming.

For me, it 100% solidified my belief that the well is drying up, and IF we get a new album, it will be the last of the leftovers, most of which we've heard.

What has this got to do with the likelihood of a new album being released? It could very well be old songs with old vocals. That is not what is being discussed. Can't you learn some new tricks?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ChrisMaciel said:

Fernando dropped by and said nothing usefull, as usual.

He confirmed that they are readying the release of a new record, that there will be a video and that there's 'possibly' going to be interviews on the horizon. Beyond giving us a release date what more can he tell us? AND even if he did give a release there's a bunch of people here that wouldn't believe the release date, would also be complaining because the album "is just 20yr old leftovers". I mean talk about a bunch of fucking whingers🤣 I love a good TB bashing when they do stupid shit, but in this instance Fernando was putting a hand out, opening channels of communication. I seem to remember for years people begging for some form of communication between fans/band. 

The line where he said he's still getting used to planning cracked me up. I guess it's safe to say they know what's generally being said on the here... there's a fookin rat among us🧐

• Like 4

Just now, SoulMonster said:

What has this got to do with the likelihood of a new album being released? It could very well be old songs with old vocals. That is not what is being discussed. Can't you learn some new tricks?

I had the same thought. As if the idea that Axl hasn't recorded new vocals is some kind of insider information. 

3 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I had the same thought. As if the idea that Axl hasn't recorded new vocals is some kind of insider information. 

It isn't insider info.  It's 100% prediction.

I get it.

You guys see Absurd with 99 vocals as some sign that new music is on the way.

I see it as a sign that whatever is left will be pulled from stuff we've already heard.

We can only wait and see I suppose

Just now, RussTCB said:

Yep. 

I want a new GN'R album. I couldn't care less what happened with what, when what was recorded, who did or didn't do something.....etc. 

I would just like to buy a new GN'R album. 

I want to listen to it, judge it for myself and (hopefully) enjoy the hell out of it. I'm not interested in setting myself up to be pre disappointed by judging the how's & why's of how it came about. 

Right on.  I'm not going to pretend that I haven't been dying to hear the 2nd half of what was recorded during the Chi Dem era either.  Adding Slash to the equation to give these tracks an even more "classic" GNR sound only adds to that anticipation.

Axl called "The General" the lyrical sequel to Estranged.  Who doesn't want to hear Slash on that? C'mon.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, sofine11 said:

Right on.  I'm not going to pretend that I haven't been dying to hear the 2nd half of what was recorded during the Chi Dem era either.  Adding Slash to the equation to give these tracks an even more "classic" GNR sound only adds to that anticipation.

Axl called "The General" the lyrical sequel to Estranged.  Who doesn't want to hear Slash on that? C'mon.

it could be legendary

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Yep. 

I want a new GN'R album. I couldn't care less what happened with what, when what was recorded, who did or didn't do something.....etc. 

I would just like to buy a new GN'R album. 

I want to listen to it, judge it for myself and (hopefully) enjoy the hell out of it. I'm not interested in setting myself up to be pre disappointed by judging the how's & why's of how it came about. 

Same.

My preference would actually be the Village instrumentals completed into brilliant songs.

I wouldn't care who wrote what and when the vocals were recorded if the songs are good.

8 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

This just reads like a classic Mexican standoff. 🤣 Lots of eyeballing….who wins…who’s gonna be right and have the glory? Who’s gonna be wrong and suffer the ignominy? 🤣

I know!

Unfortunately, I don't think there will be a clear resolution.

If an album comes out in Oct and it's full of brand new stuff, I was wrong!  If it comes out how I predict I was right.

However I think Russ will be right with the live album - then people will be saying a new release is still coming....

Even if they released the album with the exact track-list as my prediction, they'd probably still say this is just to 'clear the vault' and the new stuff is just around the corner!

25 minutes ago, sofine11 said:

What did he say?

Just now, Pele said:

I know!

Unfortunately, I don't think there will be a clear resolution.

If an album comes out in Oct and it's full of brand new stuff, I was wrong!  If it comes out how I predict I was right.

Just for the record, has anyone actually claimed that a new record will contain brand new vocals by Axl? :lol: Your trolling is like Don Quixote's fight against windmills: Pointless. 

No one is really arguing against that point of yours, but rather your flawed thinking, your wanna-be insider pretentions, and your constantly repeating the same argument over and over again.

• Like 1

I wouldn't be mad at a tracklist that looks something like this. At all...

Absurd

Hard Skool

Atlas Shrugged

Perhaps

State Of Grace

The General 

Soul Monster (Leave Me Alone)

Going Down

Berlin (Oklahoma)

Seven

Thyme

• Like 1

Physical release being worked on.

Pressing vinyl just takes a bit longer due to the capacity at the pressing plants...

/jarmo

He posted that around 4pm eastern yesterday on HTGTH in the Absurd discussion 

Edited by Pskihq92
Typos and info

Just now, Pskihq92 said:

Physical release being worked on.

Pressing vinyl just takes a bit longer due to the capacity at the pressing plants...

/jarmo

He posted that around 4pm eastern yesterdqy

Homeboy doesn't fuck around. Something's coming, for sure. 

• Like 1