So Fernando dropped by

13 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Just for the record, has anyone actually claimed that a new record will contain brand new vocals by Axl? :lol: Your trolling is like Don Quixote's fight against windmills: Pointless. 

No one is really arguing against that point of yours, but rather your flawed thinking, your wanna-be insider pretentions, and your constantly repeating the same argument over and over again.

I'm not sure why you think I'm a troll - I'd say we pretty much agree on what we'd personally like to see in a new album.  I don't even think we differ on what we think the album will be if it gets released.

If I could choose - I'd love the album to be my favorite cuts from the Village Sessions with killer lyrics/vocals, and some epic new guitar work added.  I think you'd like that too.

I remember you saying you think the album will contain plenty of 'old' stuff and you don't think Axl will write/record/release 12-14 'new' tracks in your lifetime.  I 100% agree with that.

We maybe just differ slightly on expectations.  I think you think some of those instrumentals were finished, I don't but I hope you're right because I'd like to hear them!

Edited by Pele

Well, if most or all of the next album is Chinese Leftovers with 20 year old vocal takes and just Sluff on top of it...of course a lot of fans will be disappointed. I know I will be. On the other hand, it's certainly better than nothing at all. 

Edited by El Guapo
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Pskihq92 said:

Physical release being worked on.

Pressing vinyl just takes a bit longer due to the capacity at the pressing plants...

/jarmo

He posted that around 4pm eastern yesterday on HTGTH in the Absurd discussion 

So Jarmo posted the same thing Fernando said here earlier in the day? 

4 minutes ago, sofine11 said:

Can someone who *hasn't* been banned from HTGTH ask /jarmo to kindly elaborate? 

I could go ask, but I'm sure it'll be ignored or not directly answered. 

Just now, RussTCB said:

Yeah so I suppose we don't know if Jarmo mentioned it as his own news, or repeated what he'd read from Fernando here.

I'd personally take it to mean a physical release of Absurd is imminent.

1 minute ago, RussTCB said:

Yes

5 minutes ago, sofine11 said:

Can someone who *hasn't* been banned from HTGTH ask /jarmo to kindly elaborate? 

Already done lol we'll see if he bans me, ignores me, or answers me

5 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I could go ask, but I'm sure it'll be ignored or not directly answered. 

Yep, I think he'll immediately see he shouldn't have said that much and not reply. These people. :facepalm:

6 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Because you are having so much fun ruffling feathers.

I honestly don't mean to.  I've long speculated/debated how I think the next album would look like - and Silkworms with original vocal was very much a part of that, so I've doubled down on my belief since that release.  I also think HardSkool with original vocal will be included.

Genuinely hope to be wrong and we get something we all enjoy and most importantly - something we haven't already heard.

Edited by Pele

5 minutes ago, Pskihq92 said:

Yes

Already done lol we'll see if he bans me, ignores me, or answers me

I just did the same thing lol

2 minutes ago, sofine11 said:

Yep, I think he'll immediately see he shouldn't have said that much and not reply. These people. :facepalm:

All he really did was repost what Fernando said here much earlier in the day yesterday. Having said that, I logged on there for the first time years to post the question. I DID THAT FOR YOU!!! (lol)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, Pele said:

I honestly don't mean to.  I've long speculated/debated how I think the next album would look like - and Silkworms with original vocal was very much a part of that, so I've doubled down on that belief since that release.  I also think HardSkool with original vocal will be included.

Genuinely hope to be wrong and we get something we all enjoy and most importantly - something we haven't already heard.

I think the issue here is that you're framing it as though IF you are right, something egregious has been done. It's a huuuuge fucking win for fans waiting for a new album no matter how you slice it, really.

1 minute ago, RussTCB said:

I just did the same thing lol

All he really did was repost what Fernando said here much earlier in the day yesterday. Having said that, I logged on there for the first time years to post the question. I DID THAT FOR YOU!!! (lol)

If he replies with a direct answer, I will literally send you a six pack of beer, your choice. :D

• ABSUЯD 1

3 minutes ago, Pele said:

I honestly don't mean to.  I've long speculated/debated how I think the next album would look like - and Silkworms with original vocal was very much a part of that, so I've doubled down on that belief since that release.  I also think HardSkool with original vocal will be included.

Posting well circulated tracklistings as if they're top secret and posting vague "info" that you're claiming is 100% accurate because of "sources" when we all know who your source is.............that's not intentional?

1 minute ago, sofine11 said:

I think the issue here is that you're framing it as though IF you are right, something egregious has been done. It's a huuuuge fucking win for fans waiting for a new album no matter how you slice it, really.

Personally, I think an album consisting of vocals we've already heard would be egregious (bad, shocking).

Mainly because I don't personally think OMG/Silkworms/Atlas are good, and I think HardSkool/Perhaps are OK but unremarkable.

So if we get what I predict, we'll have a pretty poor album that we'd be bored of very quickly IMO.  Even if The General ends up being something special.

Let's hope The General is amazing, and Cuban Skies/Monstrosity were in fact recorded and are brilliant, and there is more we don't know about.

3 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Posting well circulated tracklistings as if they're top secret and posting vague "info" that you're claiming is 100% accurate because of "sources" when we all know who your source is.............that's not intentional?

Like you say, they are already well circulated.  I've said I believe Axl's contributions will be as I've predicted.  I'm 100% confident in my belief!  Obviously, nobody really knows if it's actually true or not - we'll find out if a new album comes I suppose.

It's just speculation on a forum, guessing what is on the new album.

I'm not claiming to be 'in the know'.  

1 minute ago, Pele said:

Like you say, they are already well circulated.  I've said I believe Axl's contributions will be as I've predicted.  I'm 100% confident in my belief!  Obviously, nobody really knows if it's actually true or not - we'll find out if a new album comes I suppose.

It's just speculation on a forum, guessing what is on the new album.

I'm not claiming to be 'in the know'.  

This might be a better way to go about posting in the future as opposed to how you were going about it previously with the "I know something you don't know" shtick.

8 minutes ago, Pele said:

Personally, I think an album consisting of vocals we've already heard would be egregious (bad, shocking).

Mainly because I don't personally think OMG/Silkworms/Atlas are good, and I think HardSkool/Perhaps are OK but unremarkable.

So if we get what I predict, we'll have a pretty poor album that we'd be bored of very quickly IMO.  Even if The General ends up being something special.

Let's hope The General is amazing, and Cuban Skies/Monstrosity were in fact recorded and are brilliant, and there is more we don't know about.

It sounds a bit like you're setting yourself up for disappointment there, and I'm not really sure what to say.  You don't want vocals recorded during the Chi Dem era, and their existence will bother you.  I'm sorry. I mean it, if that really bothers you I feel bad you won't be able to enjoy it with the rest of us.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SoulMonster said:

How do you know Absurd isn't connected to a larger release?

Anyway, the reason why this time is different is the amount of signals pointing to a new release. And that includes proof that Slash and Duff have been adding their input to GN'R songs, that both Beta and Fernando have indicated music is coming, in addition to people like Sue. There is a buzz building and I can't remember that having happened before since before the release of CD.

I don't know anything, it's just that I'm not seeing much reason to get excited. I honestly put as much weight to Slash's and Beta's words as I do with random "insiders", because they've never meant anything.

The last time I remember someone saying something that did end up happening was Fernando telling us to "expect news in a few months", about 5 months before the reunion.

I do believe that we'll get a new album within a year or two, but I don't see any buzz. It's a reoccuring meme that someone in the band says they've been in the studio recording, and hope to have a record out soon. Obviously the new single makes everything more likely, but I can't find it in me to get excited until it actually happens, if you get me.

15 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

This might be a better way to go about posting in the future as opposed to how you were going about it previously with the "I know something you don't know" shtick.

Yeah agreed.

You know how these things can go!  I predicted a tracklist, got called a lunatic for that prediction, I supply some basis to my belief and things go back and forth until it becomes an 'argument' haha.

I think where we differ is you are sensitive to fake 'insiders' - understandably.

However you seem reluctant to agree that there are a few banned members who have released info and actual songs.  They aren't 'insiders' - they are pests with too much time on their hands, but they did it!  A banned member was involved in leaking the locker disks.  We got loads of new songs because of them.  They knew about the locker disks because they are persistent and obsessive in tracking down info and harassing people who may have been involved.

You seem to think because nobody knew 'Absurd' was coming, that none of this happened!

I'm not saying I'm one of those people, or that I even speak to these people.  However I got absolutely ridiculed for suggesting KOHD, yet I was informed (by a fellow fan, no insider) YEARS ago that was going to be on the new album.  Obviously, didn't believe it, however it actually turned up on the locker disks so we know it was recorded.

Edited by Pele
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, sofine11 said:

It sounds a bit like you're setting yourself up for disappointment there, and I'm not really sure what to say.  You don't want vocals recorded during the Chi Dem era, and their existence will bother you.  I'm sorry. I mean it, if that really bothers you I feel bad you won't be able to enjoy it with the rest of us.

Not necessarily.

If good lyrics/vocals have been written/recorded for the songs we like as instrumentals (Quick Song/Zodiac/D-Tune/Oklahoma etc) I'll be delighted.

If it's OMG/Silkworms/Perhaps/Atlas/HardSkool with a cover or two, then I don't think I'll enjoy the album.

• Like 1