So Fernando dropped by

1 minute ago, Pele said:

Not necessarily.

If good lyrics/vocals have been written/recorded for the songs we like as instrumentals (Quick Song/Zodiac/D-Tune/Oklahoma etc) I'll be delighted.

If it's OMG/Silkworms/Perhaps/Atlas/HardSkool with a cover or two, then I don't think I'll enjoy the album.

That makes sense.  My guess is that it'll be a mixed bag for you, and I'm sure you won't be alone there.

5 minutes ago, Pele said:

Yeah agreed.

You know how these things can go!  I predicted a tracklist, got called a lunatic for that prediction, I supply some basis to my belief and things go back and forth until it becomes an 'argument' haha.

I think where we differ is you are sensitive to fake 'insiders' - understandably.

However you seem reluctant to agree that there are a few banned members who have released info and actual songs.  They aren't 'insiders' - they are pests with too much time on their hands, but they did it!  A banned member was involved in leaking the locker disks.  We got loads of new songs because of them.  They knew about the locker disks because they are persistent and obsessive in tracking down info and harassing people who may have been involved.

You seem to think because nobody knew 'Absurd' was coming, that none of this happened!

I'm not saying I'm one of those people, or that I even speak to these people.  However I got absolutely ridiculed for suggesting KOHD, yet I was informed (by a fellow fan, no insider) YEARS ago that was going to be on the new album.  Obviously, didn't believe it, however it actually turned up on the locker disks so we know it was recorded.

Jesus H Christ. That's not even remotely what was said and I'm not clogging up another thread with this. 

If you want to post your guesses, great. If you want to play fake insider, great. Just don't be surprised when people continue to poke fun at you for the latter. 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, goldentobacco said:

I don't know anything, it's just that I'm not seeing much reason to get excited. I honestly put as much weight to Slash's and Beta's words as I do with random "insiders", because they've never meant anything.

The last time I remember someone saying something that did end up happening was Fernando telling us to "expect news in a few months", about 5 months before the reunion.

I do believe that we'll get a new album within a year or two, but I don't see any buzz. It's a reoccuring meme that someone in the band says they've been in the studio recording, and hope to have a record out soon. Obviously the new single makes everything more likely, but I can't find it in me to get excited until it actually happens, if you get me.

I get what you are saying, but I find it very different when Beta says an album is coming, than is, say, Richard said it. And much more telling if Slash is recording new music than if Dj is. As for buzz, well, mostly here. I would like to see more industry buzz, like we had in 2006, but maybe they are just keeping more of a lid on it this time. We'll see :)

• Like 3

Just now, sofine11 said:

That makes sense.  My guess is that it'll be a mixed bag for you, and I'm sure you won't be alone there.

I'd take a mixed bag.

I think any Axl Rose release is going to be wildly inconstant anyway.  As with Chinese, I'd be hoping for about 3 songs I absolutely LOVE, a few that I'll enjoy, some very average and some that I hate,

I just don't see where the good ones are going to come from.

The ones I hate I believe are safe in the bag! (OMG, Silkworms, Atlas)

I can get on board with HardSkool and Perhaps.  I think they are ok, but obviously not new to us.  I really like State of Grace but I don't think they'll use it.

So I suppose I've got to hope that General is excellent - or they've recorded more stuff, either new songs, or Tonto/Zodiac/Cuban Skies/Monstrosity etc with vocals.

Personal opinion - they haven't.  And even if they have, the chances of them being great are pretty low.

4 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Jesus H Christ. That's not even remotely what was said and I'm not clogging up another thread with this. 

If you want to post your guesses, great. If you want to play fake insider, great. Just don't be surprised when people continue to poke fun at you for the latter. 

Fair enough.  We'll agree to disagree and I'm no fake insider.

My guess is as good as yours - or anyone elses.

Just for fun - what do you predict will be on the album?

Any particular song you're hoping for?

I really hope Thyme is used and made into something special.

I've been interested in Oklahoma for 20 years and I'd like to hear a final version of that.

I love Zodiac - I hope that is on it.

13 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

I get what you are saying, but I find it very different when Beta says an album is coming, than is, say, Richard said it. And much more telling if Slash is recording new music than if Dj is. As for buzz, well, mostly here. I would like to see more industry buzz, like we had in 2006, but maybe they are just keeping more of a lid on it this time. We'll see :)

Fair enough. Fingers crossed!

Circus Maximus is really cool, hope they rework that tune.

I don’t see State of Grace being reworked, my guess is Atlas, HardSkool, maybe Perhaps will be on the new album

im also hoping for a new piano/orchestra/rocker ballad, like a Prostitute/Estranged baby but I’m being too ambitious 

8 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

How do you know Absurd isn't connected to a larger release?

Anyway, the reason why this time is different is the amount of signals pointing to a new release. And that includes proof that Slash and Duff have been adding their input to GN'R songs, that both Beta and Fernando have indicated music is coming, in addition to people like Sue. There is a buzz building and I can't remember that having happened before since before the release of CD.

Well Beta said that Absurd will be on the cd/album so I think that answers that question right there. Also Axl/Slash/Duff are noticeably happier and excited on stage (which can be attributed to several things) but I think that could be because of imminent new music as well.

Edited by MaskingApathy

1 hour ago, alangarcianr said:

Circus Maximus is really cool, hope they rework that tune.

I don’t see State of Grace being reworked, my guess is Atlas, HardSkool, maybe Perhaps will be on the new album

im also hoping for a new piano/orchestra/rocker ballad, like a Prostitute/Estranged baby but I’m being too ambitious 

Atlas is probably the most dated song of the entire 00s songs that we've heard, if that song had come out in 00 it was actually a little late then! It's like mid 90s grunge ala STP. Some great parts in it, but to me it's a bit too start stoppy. Axl would have an awful hard time singing it live too, due to how he phrased from the chorus to the verse giving basically no time for a breathe.

State of grace could be an epic album closer, would be a shame never to hear a final version of it. Going by quality from what we've heard perhaps and State of grace are way out front, then it's a toss up between Hardskool and Atlas, I prefer Atlas but I can't see Atlas and Perhaps on the same record unless they want a very ploddy record. With all these posts I always finish with "I'm happy with whatever tracklisting they go with as long as there's new material" I don't want to hear those Absurd type breakdowns I hope Slash and Duff have edited those out for the remainder of the tracks.

Edited by Tom2112

5 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

Well Beta said that Absurd will be on the cd/album so I think that answers that question right there. Also Axl/Slash/Duff are noticeably happier and excited on stage (which can be attributed to several things) but I think that could be because of imminent new music as well.

When did she say this? 

6 hours ago, cqleonardo said:

my only true expectation is that we gotta have a NEW song, not something unreleased that we've heard, or something from the CD sessions that we didn't listen yet, but something made between 2016-2021

It's a new song / record to every other person who hasn't been following the leaks. I get what you are saying about the current members of the band writing music, but I also appreciate GNRs position of having a record in a finished state, losing band members then gaining Slash and Duff and then having the question of "Do we throw out what we have"... I think it's pretty unreasonable to think the older tracks shouldn't be there.... I do want at least one 2016-2021 composition, or at the very least a composition from Slash/Duff from the 95/96 sessions that makes the cut... assuming there's something worth finishing from that time.... but I'm happy to hear CDII in any way shape or form too.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

It's a new song / record to every other person who hasn't been following the leaks. I get what you are saying about the current members of the band writing music, but I also appreciate GNRs position of having a record in a finished state, losing band members then gaining Slash and Duff and then having the question of "Do we throw out what we have"... I think it's pretty unreasonable to think the older tracks shouldn't be there.... I do want at least one 2016-2021 composition, or at the very least a composition from Slash/Duff from the 95/96 sessions that makes the cut... assuming there's something worth finishing from that time.... but I'm happy to hear CDII in any way shape or form too.

At this point, beggars can't be choosers.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

He confirmed that they are readying the release of a new record, that there will be a video and that there's 'possibly' going to be interviews on the horizon. Beyond giving us a release date what more can he tell us? AND even if he did give a release there's a bunch of people here that wouldn't believe the release date, would also be complaining because the album "is just 20yr old leftovers". I mean talk about a bunch of fucking whingers🤣 I love a good TB bashing when they do stupid shit, but in this instance Fernando was putting a hand out, opening channels of communication. I seem to remember for years people begging for some form of communication between fans/band. 

The line where he said he's still getting used to planning cracked me up. I guess it's safe to say they know what's generally being said on the here... there's a fookin rat among us🧐

Really?

There will be new album -> We`ve heard that from various sources, even Slash, and, recently, from Beta`s instagram.

There will be a video -> like SOYL or Absurd videos?

There`s possibly going to be interviews -> Hahaha, ok.

Man, Fernando just dropped by and give us pieces of information that we already know and people are freaking like he did something significant. It`s the same bullshit over the years.

• Like 4