Add a Stones song?

3 hours ago, TheGeneral said:

Nah, I just think it's awful.

"Aaaaaaaaaangeeeeeeyyyyy" ... it haunts me in my nightmares.

I love the stones and used to mildly hate Angie but then I got caught playing it in a band and ended up despising it. Every time that singer whispered that Angie bit I wanted to throttle him. 

• Haha 3

On 8/24/2021 at 2:53 PM, StrangerInThisTown said:

If you don't know, Slash says GNRs version of the song is "the sound of a band breaking up". Axl made his friend Paul Huge, who Slash despised, play over Slashs solos without telling Slash about it. There's just too much bad history associated with that song for them to ever play it again.

In addition to that, it’s just a very boring cover that doesn’t really have any added value over the original (compare that to how far the Guns versions of KOHD or LALD stand apart from their originals).

I’d be opposed to any new covers taking up a regular slot in all the shows from now on, but I certainly wouldn’t mind hearing them as one offs at a show or two.

Paint It Black would be well suited to the current state of Axl’s voice, relying on his solid low vocals. I’d be interested in hearing Slash’s take on a solo for it too.

Gimme Shelter might be a good choice too to showcase Melissa with the shared vocals.

2 hours ago, Flayer said:

In addition to that, it’s just a very boring cover that doesn’t really have any added value over the original (compare that to how far the Guns versions of KOHD or LALD stand apart from their originals).

I’d be opposed to any new covers taking up a regular slot in all the shows from now on, but I certainly wouldn’t mind hearing them as one offs at a show or two.

Paint It Black would be well suited to the current state of Axl’s voice, relying on his solid low vocals. I’d be interested in hearing Slash’s take on a solo for it too.

Gimme Shelter might be a good choice too to showcase Melissa with the shared vocals.

Yeah, Gimme shelter is a great song. I remember Fergy performing it with Jagger. didn't Tina do this song with Mick too.?