Witchita Linesman and changing ones mind.

I have just watched a clip of Axl singing Witchita and was blown away.  If I looked away I could imagine it was the young Axl singingd.  I was in two minds on whether to go and see them in the UK next year but with all the positive comments regarding recent concerts I shall definitely be going.

Has anybody else changed their mind?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DurhamGirl said:

I have just watched a clip of Axl singing Witchita and was blown away.  If I looked away I could imagine it was the young Axl singingd.  I was in two minds on whether to go and see them in the UK next year but with all the positive comments regarding recent concerts I shall definitely be going.

yeah, I dig it. Would like to hear it recorded. The tasteful arrangement is at odds with Axl's costume jewellery! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DurhamGirl said:

I'd take a full album with good country songs over Absmurf any day.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, adamsapple said:

I'd take a full album with good country songs over Absmurf any day.

Although I don't dislike Absurd (I don't think it's so bad), I would like an album in the vein of Wichita Lineman. But that would probably get as much hate as Absurd does, for different reasons :lol:

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, DurhamGirl said:

I am not into Country he just sounded good on Witchita.  Also just calling out when things are good...

I watched that clip too, he sounded really good! I also 2nd the album of Axl singing songs like this

1 hour ago, DurhamGirl said:

I am not into Country

So you don't like Paradise City, Don't Cry, Patience, Dead Horse, Breakdown, Civil War, Knockin' On Heaven's Door, One In A Million, Used To Love Her....?

These are all pretty straight foward country music right there, only with distorted guitars and without the fiddles or southern slang. ;)

2 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Wichita Lineman has been the best song in the set for the last few years. It's a nice acoustic song and Axl actually sounds like Axl singing it...

I don't know if it is the best but it is pretty damn good.. This band should be able to throw a song together like that in a week.. Yet after almost 6 years together all they could do was come up with a recycled piece of trash..

I checked out Wichita on a stream of a recent show and it was still a definite highlight for me. Easily my favourite cover of their set at the moment. As much as I love the Stooges, I Wanna Be Your Dog feels a bit like punk (as fuck) cabaret...but it's still good to have something new/different in there.

Edited by merryfnchristmas
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Bitchisback said:

This song really proves that Axl still has a beautiful voice and can sing really well.  An album with him using this voice, the seeker voice and his ISE voice would be great.  

Yup.. He should just go with voices in that range a lot more.. Just the powerful "rasp" screams sparingly like in It's So Easy when it can work.. Maybe throw in a little more on a good night when he is feeling it.  I was watching a recent Patience last night and it was great until the end.. He just couldn't do the outro. He doesn't have to force it and sing it that way if he can't.. His lower voice is very powerful. It would be different but could still work well and people would get used to it..  

It does look like he has been testing this approach in very small doses at times during some songs out of necessity.. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, MattyIce3924 said:

That’s been my last beer run song for the entire reunion run. But I just gave it a listen and realized I’ve been missing out! 

For SURE would buy a GNR or Axl solo acoustic country album.

I've always wanted a more laid-back, acoustic, country-tinged album from GnR.  I loved Patience when Don Henley played drums on it - can't remember when that was - showed that they could be The Eagles if they really wanted to be.  As it is, I'm just grateful for anything being released right now!

Really like Witchita - great song.

2 hours ago, 3coloursbeige said:

I've always wanted a more laid-back, acoustic, country-tinged album from GnR.  I loved Patience when Don Henley played drums on it - can't remember when that was - showed that they could be The Eagles if they really wanted to be. 

LIES!!!