Jump to content

Nirvana album cover


Recommended Posts

The man who was the baby on the cover of Nirvana's Nevermind album cover is suing the band saying his picture was on the cover without any permission. And he's saying it's child porn.

I say this is bullshit. How could Nirvana pick this picture without permission from his parents or was it posted online? If it was posted online, you have no right to bitch about it. What's on the pc stays there forever.

I say it's all about money and having his 15 minutes of fame.  He wants his day in court. Come on!

Anyway, I would love to see him getting any money from Courtney Love or their daughter.

And why wait 30 years after this?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

He has Nevermind tattooed on his chest. If he feels he's due a pay day then good luck to him. It's certainly odd behaviour to have your child exposed like that, but they were apparently promised that the Johnson would be censored and went against their wishes by not doing so. I'll be intrigued to see the outcome.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

The man who was the baby on the cover of Nirvana's Nevermind album cover is suing the band saying his picture was on the cover without any permission. And he's saying it's child porn.

I say this is bullshit. How could Nirvana pick this picture without permission from his parents or was it posted online? If it was posted online, you have no right to bitch about it. What's on the pc stays there forever.

I say it's all about money and having his 15 minutes of fame.  He wants his day in court. Come on!

Anyway, I would love to see him getting any money from Courtney Love or their daughter.

And why wait 30 years after this?

The whole thing is weird. As far as the law says, he was  baby at the time. Meaning his parents are the ones who  got the money for the picture back in the day. It seems that for his parents it wasn't child pornography. And if it was, they didn't care. It would make more sense if this man was suing his parents and the photographer ( if the photographer was someone other than his parents) Unless there was some legal precendent with a picture of another naked baby. I don't see too much of a case.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

The man who was the baby on the cover of Nirvana's Nevermind album cover is suing the band saying his picture was on the cover without any permission. And he's saying it's child porn.

I say this is bullshit. How could Nirvana pick this picture without permission from his parents or was it posted online? If it was posted online, you have no right to bitch about it. What's on the pc stays there forever.

I say it's all about money and having his 15 minutes of fame.  He wants his day in court. Come on!

Anyway, I would love to see him getting any money from Courtney Love or their daughter.

And why wait 30 years after this?

It's absolutely ridiculous. A pure cash grab from a loser. 5 years ago he was proudly recreating the cover. Now it has done irreparable harm to him?? Get the fuck out. No one would know who he is, hadn't he made the rounds 5 years ago. And despite that no one really cares. Also only sick people would see something sexual in that pic. Sad to see he has become the money grabbing loser depicted in the pic. I hope he doesn't get a cent and has to pay all the legal costs of the defendants.

 

10 hours ago, Dean said:

He has Nevermind tattooed on his chest. If he feels he's due a pay day then good luck to him. It's certainly odd behaviour to have your child exposed like that, but they were apparently promised that the Johnson would be censored and went against their wishes by not doing so. I'll be intrigued to see the outcome.

Then they should have sued 30 years ago, if that is such an issue and the truth.

Edited by PatrickS77
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

11 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

How could Nirvana pick this picture without permission from his parents or was it posted online?

I doubt it was posted online in 1991.

Anyway, it's almost the 30th anniversary of Nevermind, and there's talk of a re-release or something special for this occasion, maybe they're going to use the cover again and he doesn't want everyone to look at his baby penis again?

But he probably wants money, he's been in the media for many years due to his Nevermind fame,

5 years ago he was still okay with it, or so it seems,

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, EvanG said:

 

I doubt it was posted online in 1991.

Anyway, it's almost the 30th anniversary of Nevermind, and there's talk of a re-release or something special for this occasion, maybe they're going to use the cover again and he doesn't want everyone to look at his baby penis again?

But he probably wants money, he's been in the media for many years due to his Nevermind fame,

5 years ago he was still okay with it, or so it seems,

 

Well, if he could get a quarter for every time he says "baby penis", I'm sure he'd be a millionaire already. :rolleyes:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, PatrickS77 said:

Well, if he could get a quarter for every time he says "baby penis", I'm sure he'd be a millionaire already. :rolleyes:

It's funny how he says ''my baby penis when I was a baby'' every time as if he's trying to emphasize he doesn't have a baby size penis anymore. Maybe he actually is traumatized in some way? But who could have known some indie band's new record in 1991 would become one of the most iconic album covers of all time and an entire generation is walking around with that picture on a t-shirt?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, EvanG said:

It's funny how he says ''my baby penis when I was a baby'' every time as if he's trying to emphasize he doesn't have a baby size penis anymore. Maybe he actually is traumatized in some way? But who could have known some indie band's new record in 1991 would become one of the most iconic album covers of all time and an entire generation is walking around with that picture on a t-shirt?

if he is traumatized, isn't it on his parents? and why did he recreate the cover not too long ago and apparently said in an interview it was cool millions of people have seen his baby penis? if it was cool, then there was no need for covering him up for the album cover? and the chest tattoo...

this type of fame where it's just this 1 thing that happened years ago and probably will never happen again could definitely fuck up some people imo but this seems like he's also greedy.

unhealthy to be defined by such things. I wonder if it's just about the money or a combination of greed and a desire for even a little bit more attention.

I also believe he enjoyed the attention as a grown man so maybe hypocritical as well.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Rovim said:

if he is traumatized, isn't it on his parents? and why did he recreate the cover not too long ago and apparently said in an interview it was cool millions of people have seen his baby penis? if it was cool, then there was no need for covering him up for the album cover? and the chest tattoo...

this type of fame where it's just this 1 thing that happened years ago and probably will never happen again could definitely fuck up some people imo but this seems like he's also greedy.

unhealthy to be defined by such things. I wonder if it's just about the money or a combination of greed and a desire for even a little bit more attention.

I also believe he enjoyed the attention as a grown man so maybe hypocritical as well.

I don't know, man. I don't know how some people's mind works. If my naked baby picture was on the wall of millions of people around the world and on billboards and t-shirts, I wouldn't be very happy. But yeah, I would obviously blame my parents or the photographer for selling it. And like I said, he's probably suing for the money.

Geffen actually made an alternate album cover at the time, with the penis photoshopped out of it, but Cobain didn't go for it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well fuck. If I seepic ofmyself as baby I wouldn't recognize myself... if he didn't brag around that is him on cover, and he recteated pic every 5 years noone would know it's him... i hope he loses and court expences fall on him....

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I could see something like this happening if he hadn't already been seen to be celebrating the fact he's on the cover for most of his life. It's basically his whole personality. If I'm recalling correctly this all stems from the nirvana camp not wanting to work with him on some art project. 

Edited by Jw224
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I let one of my son's be photographed for a indie jewellery advert as a baby (he was ridiculously cute even accounting for my bias).

He got £50 and a framed photo that sits proudly in the hallway. He is wearing a nappy but maybe I'm going to be in trouble in a few years for an embarrassing photo. :lol:

It's not quite in the league of Nevermind and I doubt our artist made much money.

I can see why this man might feel awkward about it but if he didn't tell people it was him hardly anyone would know.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I remember reading an article on him when he was still a teenager. Some journalist had looked him up and written a piece about the famous album cover.

Whether he would have told people or not, it would have come out. The Nirvana/Kurt Cobain obsession is very real for many people and everything that has somewhat to do with that band or with Kurt Cobain has been written about many times.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't think it's such a black and white matter. Is it child pornography? I don't think so. Yet, I think people often seem to forget that babies and children are people, too, with a right to privacy. If you wouldn't want your own nude pictures splattered around for the whole world to see without your consent, what makes you think that it's okay to do so to a child?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Scream of the Butterfly said:

I don't think it's such a black and white matter. Is it child pornography? I don't think so. Yet, I think people often seem to forget that babies and children are people, too, with a right to privacy. If you wouldn't want your own nude pictures splattered around for the whole world to see without your consent, what makes you think that it's okay to do so to a child?

What a crock of snowflake shit.

Anybody who looks at a picture of a naked baby as anything other than cute is worrisome imo.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Scream of the Butterfly said:

I don't think it's such a black and white matter. Is it child pornography? I don't think so. Yet, I think people often seem to forget that babies and children are people, too, with a right to privacy. If you wouldn't want your own nude pictures splattered around for the whole world to see without your consent, what makes you think that it's okay to do so to a child?

He's recreated the image as an adult a few times and has a Nevermind tattoo on his chest that everyone knows about. He clearly wasn't bothered about the image until he was told he could get some money by being bothered. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Jw224 said:

He's recreated the image as an adult a few times and has a Nevermind tattoo on his chest that everyone knows about. He clearly wasn't bothered about the image until he was told he could get some money by being bothered. 

It seems to me he's had a lot of mixed feelings about it over the years, expressing discomfort about it as early as 2007 when he was a teenager:

'In 2007 he told the Sunday Times it was “kind of creepy that many people have seen me naked. I feel like the world’s biggest porn star”.'

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...