Is CDII the final Guns release?

2 hours ago, betterman said:

Based on the songs we know and if this really is a collection of old stuff, how will your tracklist look like??

1. Absurd

2. Hard Skool

3. Atlas Shrugged

4. Soul Monster

5. Goin Down (w/ Duff & Axl)

6. State of Grace

7. Quick Song

8. Perhaps

9. Oklahoma

10. Circus Maximus

11. Zodiac

12. The General

5. Goin Down with Duff and Axl? That's a song Tommy wrote and sang lead on. It won't be on any new album and certainly wouldn't be sung by Duff.

But it makes you wonder about if Axl will sing all the lead vocals. Izzy and Duff sang lead on some Illusions tracks. Even tho it's a covers album Slash and Duff sang lead on some of Spaghetti. Dizzy and Melissa can both sing.

6 hours ago, betterman said:

Based on the songs we know and if this really is a collection of old stuff, how will your tracklist look like??

1. Absurd

2. Hard Skool

3. Atlas Shrugged

4. Soul Monster

6. State of Grace

7. Quick Song

8. Perhaps

9. Oklahoma

10. Circus Maximus

11. Zodiac

12. The General

I believe more of an ep that includes

Absurd

Hardskool

Oh My God

Slither

Wichita Lineman

11 hours ago, betterman said:

1. Absurd

2. Hard Skool

3. Atlas Shrugged

4. Soul Monster

6. State of Grace

7. Quick Song

8. Perhaps

9. Oklahoma

10. Circus Maximus

11. Zodiac

12. The General

1. HardSkool (99 vocal)
  2. Atlas Shrugged (99 vocal)
  3. Silkworms (99 vocal)
  4. New Duff Song
  5. Knocking on Heavens Door (99 vocal)
  6. The General (07 vocal)
  7. Perhaps (99 vocal)
  8. Cover (07 vocal)
  9. New Duff Song
  10. Cover (07 vocal possibly Light My Fire)
  11. Oh My God (99 Vocal)
  • Haha 3
  • Wow 1

On 8/29/2021 at 11:36 PM, hudsonsaul said:

Do you have a link to anything about recording of CD vocals line by line? 

Vaguely remember something like that too, burried as a one line in a wider article/post/thread (which in itself was an interesting read). 

Well we know for a fact that Axl recorded AFD line by line at least

• Like 1

1. Absurd

2. Hard Skool

3. Atlas Shrugged

4. Soul Monster

6. State of Grace

7. Quick Song

8. Perhaps

9. Oklahoma

10. Circus Maximus

11. Zodiac

12. The General

I can't imagine Duff on Going Down to be honest. 

Well, they should make a fair play and give Tommy writing credits and royalities. 

22 minutes ago, Pele said:
  1. HardSkool (99 vocal)
  3. Silkworms (99 vocal)
  4. New Duff Song
  7. Perhaps (99 vocal)
  8. Cover (07 vocal)
  9. New Duff Song
  11. Oh My God (99 Vocal)

Aaah yes I had forgotten about the imminent release of a new version of the KOHD! 😚😅 Really!!!!!? Who the fuck wants to hear that!? Also, when did Duff record his vocals?! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 19AT5 said:

Aaah yes I had forgotten about the imminent release of a new version of the KOHD! 😚😅 Really!!!!!? Who the fuck wants to hear that!? Also, when did Duff record his vocals?! 

1 minute ago, Pele said:

Of course that 2020 date isn't confirmed in any way, shape or form. Also, there's absolutely no chance the next GN'R studio album will have a new studio version of KOHD on it. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Pele said:
  1. HardSkool (99 vocal)
  3. Silkworms (99 vocal)
  4. New Duff Song
  7. Perhaps (99 vocal)
  8. Cover (07 vocal)
  9. New Duff Song
  11. Oh My God (99 Vocal)

Wasn’t Light My Fire supposed to be an original track and not a cover?

2 hours ago, Mendez said:

Well we know for a fact that Axl recorded AFD line by line at least

But do we? It's supposed to be a "well known fact," but the only source for it is Steven Adler, who wasn't in the studio when Axl recorded the vocals.

The engineer who recorded them said this:

Did Mike Clink have a system, that he wanted Axl to sing through the whole song, like one complete time, and then try it again and start comping from there?

"That's a good question - because it seems like that it varied depending on the song. Some songs, he could blow right through them. Some songs took a little more work on piecing it together, doing different parts at different times.

"And Axl was very good at knowing what he needed to do, he had a very sharp mind about knowing what needed to be done on a song, so he would just go in and do it.

"I don't even know how to describe it. Some songs he'd blow through, but other ones were a little more pieced together, but it was a matter of some of those things were difficult to transition between."

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/general_music_news/gnr_engineer_says_slash_drooled_uncontrollably_while_recording_guitar_solos_recalls_how_axl_behaved_with_girlfriend_in_studio.html

Maybe Steven heard that Axl did that on some songs and then said that Axl did it on all of them?

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Pele said:

I've heard through many many many unconfirmed sources that are in no way credible (primarily because one was actually a cat called Quentin), that that new GNR album will finally see a formal release for Cornshucker. This features a lead vocal take from Duff from 1988. Chris Vrenna and Josh Freese laid down drum tracks in the late 90s which Frank supplemented last year as well. 😅

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Just to be clear, pele's insistence that KOHD will be on a new album is based on the title "4 Heavens". :lol:

21bnAIP.thumb.png.a5567751a39ca3c9a61294221620abd8.png

Wrong!

It's mainly based on we know he complete the vocals in 99.

It's likely the above was intended, but since abandoned due to the lack of completed lyrics/vocals for Soul Monster, Tonto, Nothing and Monstrosity.

You can all carry on telling me I'm wrong etc, while you all sit there and endlessly wait for Zodiac 13 lol.

If the album gets released as I've predicted (or doesn't come at all) I was right.

If we get an album full of vocals we've never heard, I was wrong.

Let's wait and see.....

According to Fortus, Axl was in studio laying down a lot of vocals in 2014

Someone posted a link to all of Fortus' interviews over the years.

Every. Single. Time.  "Axl is just doing finishing touches on vocals"

In the meantime, Robin, Josh Freese, Buckethead etc all left because they knew nothing was going to happen with all these instrumentals they were giving him.

12 hours ago, rumandraisin said:

Pele is a moron who just posts the same thing again and again based on essentially nothing. And claims Soul Monster and others were never finished, despite axl saying he recorded vox for it. But Pele says axl is lying so MUST be true... 

I say he's lying.

You think he tells the truth and had a 'trilogy' of albums ready to release.

Serious question, at what point will you realize he doesn't?

• If he releases an album as per my estimated tracklist will you realize?
  • If nothing comes out in the next 3 years will you realize?
  • If Slash goes back out with Miles Kennedy and is overheard telling fans there is no album will you realize?

Or will you continue to say "Axl said he has new songs so he will definitely release a new album"?

16 hours ago, 19AT5 said:

I've heard through many many many unconfirmed sources that are in no way credible (primarily because one was actually a cat called Quentin), that that new GNR album will finally see a formal release for Cornshucker. This features a lead vocal take from Duff from 1988. Chris Vrenna and Josh Freese laid down drum tracks in the late 90s which Frank supplemented last year as well. 😅

Joking aside, I'd say there is more chance of hearing an updated version of Cornshucker than Oklahoma with vocals.