Is CDII the final Guns release?

6 minutes ago, Pele said:

It's mainly based on we know he complete the vocals in 99.

Do we know that? It's news to me. I guess by your logic, almost everything on Live Era is a contender for the new album :lol:

Unless you're talking about the 2001 acoustic rehearsal, which was possibly considered for a charity album or soundtrack (like WTTJ, from the same Village disc, which was recorded for Black Hawk Down)

1 minute ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Do we know that? It's news to me. I guess by your logic, almost everything on Live Era is a contender for the new album :lol:

Unless you're talking about the 2001 acoustic rehearsal, which was possibly considered for a charity album or soundtrack (like WTTJ, from the same Village disc, which was recorded for Black Hawk Down)

Yeah, I believe it could have been considered for a charity disc, a B-Side or a bonus disc back when he had plans of writing more songs and completing all of those fantastic instrumentals.

I think at this point, it's a strong contender for the album because I strongly and firmly believe the well is dry.

No need to remind me Axl said he recorded Soulmonster, Fortus said there were new vocals or Beta said there was a 'CD'.

We'll all find out who is right when we see the track-list.

• Haha 4

Okay so where does stuff like Rock the Rock fit in to your claim that he hasn't recorded any vox since 99. Where does better fit in. Scrapped. Sorry. Shackles. The new mix of This I love. 

He has recorded since those discs and you're just repeating the same stuff over and over based on a hunch. 

8 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Actually it was WTTJ from the rerecorded appetite 99 that was considered not the village disc version, which was a recorded rehearsal. Get your facts right. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Pele said:

Someone posted a link to all of Fortus' interviews over the years.

Every. Single. Time.  "Axl is just doing finishing touches on vocals"

In the meantime, Robin, Josh Freese, Buckethead etc all left because they knew nothing was going to happen with all these instrumentals they were giving him.

No, its not often he has mentioned Axl laying down vocals, he has mentioned that himself have worked on the record a lot. But in 2014 Fortus was in studio and said that Axl was there to lay down vocal tracks

10 hours ago, rumandraisin said:

Okay so where does stuff like Rock the Rock fit in to your claim that he hasn't recorded any vox since 99. Where does better fit in. Scrapped. Sorry. Shackles. The new mix of This I love. 

He has recorded since those discs and you're just repeating the same stuff over and over based on a hunch. 

Exactly with one small correction: yes, Pele keeps repeating himself over and over but it's not based on a hunch. His claim is based on info from a person he believes to be an insider. Yes, that's a way overused word (my fault) but that's the situation here. 

Pele spent years (and still does) sending people private messages going on and on about his supposed hate for a self proclaimed insider. Yet somehow, this person that Pele claims to hate happens to the the #1 solid source for GN'R insider information. 

Apparently the biggest proof that they have inside info is a screenshot of a well circulated, old track list that people have had since at least 2010. 

But again though, points like yours are exactly right. If Axl hasn't recorded ANY vocals since 99 or the early 2000s, then where on Earth did those other vocals you mentioned come from? 

• Like 2

On 9/9/2021 at 5:09 PM, Screamin' Demon said:

IF there is another album, will it even be called Chinese Democracy 2? I wonder what sort of title it would have as it's never been discussed...

I highly doubt it would be called CD2, but I would have said that would have been more likely than Silkworms being the first single for an upcoming album, so you never know! I think it will be called Seven, or be self-titled. 

• Like 1

On 9/11/2021 at 10:00 AM, Bitchisback said:

What if Axl just re-releases Chinese Democracy 1 with Slash and Duff pasted over the Bucket and Tommy lol

Personally I’d love a double album release with CD1 re-recorded with Slash and Duff and the correct booklets together with CD2

• Like 1

Personally I'd like a double album re-recorded version of Appetite For Destruction with the Axl, Robin, Paul, Tam, Dizzy and Josh lineup on disc 1, and the current line up on disc 2. Both discs feature Axl's vocals from 1999. Unfortunately I would have to say Chris's subbass contributions will have to be removed from disc 1, with Mel Fae Hell re-recording. Would also expect Axl to personally pick out individual notes from Buckethead's live performances and stich them together for certain solos on certain songs on both discs because that also seems totally feasible, reasonable and just what the fans and critics would like. Of course prior to the release I would expect both discs to be leaked 1.5DB below the final mix with needless intros with weird sounds appearing before all songs removed. Naturally there will be zero promotion for the album but a 78 year tour with the same repetitive set list should kick off approximately 3 years after the album has been released. The fans will lap it up. The critics will hail W Axl Rose a genius. And my Mother's cat will formally announce his candidacy for local member of Parliament.

On 9/9/2021 at 2:05 AM, rumandraisin said:

@Peleseemed to have missed the post above. Any thoughts on how the vocals above were all clearly recorded well after 1999?

46 minutes ago, 19AT5 said:

Why do you think this?

Because of the material he has released over the last 20 years.

And because he's released an 'new' single and yet again, it contains vocals we've already heard.

It is of course plausible to suggest he's recorded a load of songs we haven't yet heard, however I strongly believe he hasn't.

We'll see if this album ever comes out.

3 hours ago, Pele said:

Because of the material he has released over the last 20 years.

And because he's released an 'new' single and yet again, it contains vocals we've already heard.

It is of course plausible to suggest he's recorded a load of songs we haven't yet heard, however I strongly believe he hasn't.

We'll see if this album ever comes out.

I’m trying to remain cautiously optimistic, we will know we’re fucked when the GNR camp starts using jargon like “finishing touches”. 

12 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Is this not a complete contradiction of everything you’ve told us for the past few months?

How so?  It's exactly what I've been saying all along.

IMO - 'The Vault' is empty and we've heard pretty much all there was.

That consisted primarily of the Village Sessions, and some follow up work in 05/06 where he did Better/TIL alt. vocal/Scraped/General etc.

All the other stuff (Seven/Zodiac etc) were instrumentals written by ex-employees and featured no involvement from Rose.

I think apart from The General and maybe a cover or two, we've already heard Axl's contribution to the next album if they ever bother releasing it.  I think at this stage, a live album with bonus Absurd/Hard School is more likely.

• Haha 1