wtf is Sorum releasing an ebook on vinyl?!

3 hours ago, Jw224 said:

Now people can actually hear Sorum say how great he is at sex in audiophile quality.

But they won't hear him say about when Stephanie Seymour rubbed his balls - he has removed that story from the book.

Edited by Blackstar
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Wow 2
  • ABSUЯD 1

20 hours ago, Blackstar said:

But they won't hear him say about when Stephanie Seymour rubbed his balls - he has removed that story from the book.

Its probably for the best legally. He probably ran it through a publisher who realized there's no way you can put that in without possible legal ramifications. 

• Like 2

“When I talk about being backstage and we’re two hours late and I’m frustrated, once we got up there, it was just all-out rock’n’roll,” he says of those unpredictable times. “We were just throwing down because there was a lot of frustration, anger, anxiety -- but it brought the show to a whole other level. The crowd was fired up because they were angry that we were late. But once we got out there, some nights were just absolutely on fire. I take great pride in that period in my life. It’s just a great gift that I was there at that time with that particular lineup.”-Matt Sorum

So many interviews from different bands and Guns themselves talk about how turbulent this tour was. I feel like they did too much too fast in that era. They needed to pace things out. Play a few scattered shows in 91 but start the tour proper in 92. They were balancing touring, finishing the albums, and making videos all at the same time. Axl has said he was "forced" to tour. I was also reading a quote from one of the members of Blind Melon about how everyone had to stop what they were doing backstage when Axl walked by; there was serious tension there. Compare that to how smoothly this current tour is going.

Edited by mystery

Sorum is the dictionary definition of believing your own hype. Great drummer, but I never know if what I'm hearing is truth or some elaborate bullshit story. Did anyone watch that Slash doc on YouTube that he's in? Maybe it's bad editing, which that doc has a lot of questionable edits, but his stories are barely coherent.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Blackstar said:

I didn't realize this, I have bought a kindle version of his book when it came out last year but haven't read it yet. I searched for that part now, and LOL. I think I gotta start reading this book. Do you know what else he removed?

1 minute ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

I didn't realize this, I have bought a kindle version of his book when it came out last year but haven't read it yet. I searched for that part now, and LOL. I think I gotta start reading this book. Do you know what else he removed?

Oh, were you among the lucky ones who got it when it was on Amazon for a couple of days?

No, I don't know anything else, just what Brando said about the Stephanie story.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Oh, were you among the lucky ones who got it when it was on Amazon for a couple of days?

No, I don't know anything else, just what Brando said about the Stephanie story.

Yeah I remember I purchased it the day it came out and literally the next day it was not available to buy anymore. I read like the first 50 pages or so and it was just his childhood which bore me to death so I kind of lost interest.

3 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Yeah I remember I purchased it the day it came out and literally the next day it was not available to buy anymore. I read like the first 50 pages or so and it was just his childhood which bore me to death so I kind of lost interest.

It leaked later, so many of us have read it. There are some interesting stories in it, although Matt comes off as a douche :lol:

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

5 hours ago, Blackstar said:

It leaked later, so many of us have read it. There are some interesting stories in it, although Matt comes off as a douche :lol:

What's your general opinion on Slash and Duff's books? I read Slash's about a decade ago when I knew less overall about the band than I know now. It came across as straightforward. The most interesting part being the period from 94-96.

On 8/27/2021 at 9:14 PM, mystery said:

What's your general opinion on Slash and Duff's books? I read Slash's about a decade ago when I knew less overall about the band than I know now. It came across as straightforward. The most interesting part being the period from 94-96.

I like both of their books.

• Like 1