Metal version of Jungle

Ha, that's interesting. 

I'm a big metal fan, and this works better than I thought as a metal song. The groove and swing of the original is a huge part of what made the AFD sound so iconic and this is obviously not present in a metal cover, but it's not the travesty I thought it'd be. 

Just now, Towelie said:

Ha, that's interesting. 

I'm a big metal fan, and this works better than I thought as a metal song. The groove and swing of the original is a huge part of what made the AFD sound so iconic and this is obviously not present in a metal cover, but it's not the travesty I thought it'd be. 

I’ve never heard of this guy LEO but reading comments on YouTube makes it seem like he nails all covers he tried and his “fans” are thrilled with how Jungle turned out. I was also pleased with what I heard when I checked it out 

23 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

Funnily enough, wasn't GN'R considered 'Metal' by some music sectors back when they were breaking with Appetite?

Yes, every long-haired guitar band, except the Ramones, was labeled metal then - there was no distinction between metal and hard rock. "Rock" was used for contemporary acts like Bruce Sprinsgsteen, and then there was what was considered indie or college rock (a lot of different bands and styles).

I'm always up for covers of songs 'cause I enjoy new interpretations. There was a cover of "My Michelle" by some band that was on YouTube years ago and I've never been able to find it. I liked it a lot. It was like metalcore or something. But this "Jungle" cover is not it. I don't like it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GnR Chris said:

I'm always up for covers of songs 'cause I enjoy new interpretations. There was a cover of "My Michelle" by some band that was on YouTube years ago and I've never been able to find it. I liked it a lot. It was like metalcore or something. But this "Jungle" cover is not it. I don't like it.

There was also an emo version of "Estranged" too. I remember it was a GN'R tribute album filled with early metalcore and screamo/emo bands on it. The cover album is titled Bring You To Your Knees and it has "My Michelle" on it and I believe Out Ta Get Me too

Edited by DarkLotus1111
  • Wow 1

On 8/29/2021 at 1:21 PM, DarkLotus1111 said:

There was also an emo version of "Estranged" too. I remember it was a GN'R tribute album filled with early metalcore and screamo/emo bands on it. The cover album is titled Bring You To Your Knees and it has "My Michelle" on it and I believe Out Ta Get Me too

I just looked it up. This isn't the "My Michelle" cover I was thinking of.. Man, I really wish I could find it.

• Like 1