Axl and Myles.

The Illusion albums had a good number of jointly sung songs: Axl/Izzy, Axl/Duff and Axl/Shannon. Does anyone think it'd be cool to at some point have Axl and Myles either sing something on stage or in the studio?

Before anyone points out how unlikely this could be, just remember how unlikely we once thought Slash returning to Guns might be. 

For fucks sake if Slash and Duff can rework Silkworms and make that their comeback single then pretty much anything is possible right?

• Thanks 1

yeah idk.  might be cool to see it once.  I'd be in favor of doing a dual vocals thing on Anastasia more than a GNR song.  

But if you were Axl would you honestly do this?  best way for me to think of it is like having Magic Johnson play Kevin Durant today.  an all time great past his prime against a guy on top of his game today. 

Axl would get blown off that stage (depending on the song....see Sweet Child, YCBM,etc).....  

Edited by Chester 524

26 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

That wouldn't excite me in the slightest, regardless of Axl's vocal shape.

Now that I'm thinking about it, maybe only if it was on Absurd. It'd be fun to hear Myles sing "pussy full of maggots." Maybe he could do Axl's pre-recorded screams, too.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

46 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

Have Axl and Myles even met?  If they were buddies I could see it just like how Baz sometimes has shown up to duet, but I can't imagine in Axl's eyes "Slash's solo band singer" showing up for no reason at this point

And six years ago we never could've dreamed Axl would make up with Slash.

Myles is a bit more than Slash's solo band singer. Myles has got his own band Alterbridge  and is a talent in his own right. I'm sure Axl respects him as an artistic. 

Obviously the guys can be flexible. Slash and Duff play some Chinese Democracy songs. Axl sings Slither. Bottom line. Nothing is impossible.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

That would be pretty embarrassing for Axl. If he has any pride left he wouldn't do it.

Why would it be embarrassing? Guns have been playing much bigger crowds again since Slash returned. So a good chunk of Guns fan base dig Myles. I'm sure Axl respects the guy. FFS he's singing a Velvet Revolver song every night. The guys grown up a lot.

44 minutes ago, Gunner Gilby said:

And six years ago we never could've dreamed Axl would make up with Slash.

Myles is a bit more than Slash's solo band singer. Myles has got his own band Alterbridge  and is a talent in his own right. I'm sure Axl respects him as an artistic. 

Obviously the guys can be flexible. Slash and Duff play some Chinese Democracy songs. Axl sings Slither. Bottom line. Nothing is impossible.

Nothing is impossible, but all due respect I am not going to count the days until a Myles/Axl duet happens lol.  It just seems more like a random want/thought than something that is actually gonma happen

Any of us can imagine up any random things.  Is Fritz gonna guest appear on drums?  Is Matt Sorum going to guest and play a 20 minute drum solo with the band?  Nothing is impossible, but some things are random enough to not assume they will happen

Edited by WhazUp
  • Like 1

You know what? I wouldn't rule out Myles appearance during a GNR show at some point, same as I wouldn't rule out Brent filling in for Frank if there's a need for that (COVID or whatever). I've been thinking about 'Fall to Pieces', I'd really want GNR to play it, but Axl wouldn't do the justice to that song, it's way too demanding vocally. After all what happened I'm sure Axl is now familiar with SMKC albums and I'm pretty sure he digs 'Anastasia' (I don't like it but majority of Slash's fans can't be wrong, it's the closest one to his old writing). And Myles is well known and recognizable in the business, calling him 'a guy from Slash's band' is a big understatement. Playing with Slash, Tremonti and almost (it was this close!) with Page can't be a mistake aswell. As an Slash fanpage admin I'm really glad to say that after those 4-5 years the entire beef between NuGNR and Slash Solo fans is gone. I'm sure the crowd would welcome Myles with a big shout and ovations.

My favorite FTP performance after Scott era. Look at Dave Kushner, Duff and Matt smiling, it's fantastic, I bet they talked later how it would go with him in Velvet Revolver. Amazing - Kings of Chaos live in South Africa 8 years ago.

Edited by Ralphelmo
  • Like 3

14 hours ago, BadApples87 said:

Won't happen.  But Myles is a superior singer to Axl in this era.  Obviously Axl in his prime was the best, but right now Myles is better.  If it did happen, it would help Axl's weak voice.

as much as I borderline hate Myles singing, I cannot disagree on this.