Axl and Myles.

1 hour ago, tsinindy said:

If you think Myles sings like Mickey (like Axl does at times), he isn't even close....sorry but these type of comments are just silly.

No their not silly. They are pretty  close and cringe worthy. Myles sounds much better using his lower tone, just as Axl does.

Never mind.  I just decided I could care less. Just a moment of boredom here at work. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

I hate Myles's voice. Hated when he performed at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame too. That was an insult to Axl. GNR should have never performed there without Axl.

I doubt Axl would ever sing with Myles, but then again, I never thought he would talk let alone perform with Slash ever again. lol

It wasn't an insult Myles getting up and singing with Slash, Duff, Steven, Matt and Gilby. Axl chose not to attend cos of the Halls decision to only include certain members but exclude others. He hadn't made up with Duff and Slash at this point. The five Gunners who wanted to play ask Myles. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

I hate Myles's voice. Hated when he performed at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame too. That was an insult to Axl. GNR should have never performed there without Axl.

I doubt Axl would ever sing with Myles, but then again, I never thought he would talk let alone perform with Slash ever again. lol

Axl chose not to attend the RnR hall of fame.  Izzy didn't go.  Dizzy went along with Axl cause he signs the paychecks.  It isn't the first time a guest singer appeared with a band at Rnr hall of fame, won't be the last.

• Like 1

I felt bad for Gilby not being inducted. Clearly by which members were inducted it was for Appetite - Illusions. But Dizzy (until Chinese Dem)  and Matt didn't write anything on their studio albums with the band. Steven despite getting a cut of royalties didn't write a note. So why exclude Gilby? I guess cos he didn't play on an album of original material. Still.

I thought it was cool of Gilby to still turn up and play with the guys, for them and the fans. Whether he's one of your favorite guitarists in Guns or not he's a big hearted dude.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Gunner Gilby said:

I guess cos he didn't play on an album of original material. Still.

That is exactly why.. Matt played on the illusions. His drums definitely impacted the sound of those songs.. For better or for worse, depending on the song.. I love Gilby and wish he was in the band over Fortus but I can see why he wasn't inducted as a touring musician.. If the band stayed together, I think he could have been a lot more than a touring musician but that is another story..

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

That is exactly why.. Matt played on the illusions. His drums definitely impacted the sound of those songs.. For better or for worse, depending on the song.. I love Gilby and wish he was in the band over Fortus but I can see why he wasn't inducted as a touring musician.. If the band stayed together, I think he could have been a lot more than a touring musician but that is another story..

I love Matt's drummer on Illusions and Dizzy's playing too (the ones he's on). It's a pity Gilby didn't get to stay on and play on an album of original material. And it was only because he told Axl three guitarists and going for an industrial sound was wrong for Guns. That got spun to Axl deciding he couldn't write with Gilby.

Whilst his albums don't aim to reinvent the wheel, all Gilby's solo albums (plus Kill For Thrills, Rockstar Supernova, Col Parker) contain are fun rocking music.

Most important. He always comes across as a really lovely fan friendly guy with no ego.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gunner Gilby said:

I love Matt's drummer on Illusions and Dizzy's playing too (the ones he's on). It's a pity Gilby didn't get to stay on and play on an album of original material. And it was only because he told Axl three guitarists and going for an industrial sound was wrong for Guns. That got spun to Axl deciding he couldn't write with Gilby.

Argee 100%.. While he would have been no Izzy, if you took a couple ideas from Pawnshop guitars, music from the first Snakepit album, throw 1990's Axl on top with some of his song ideas and they potentially could have made another great album that most fans would have loved..

On 8/30/2021 at 7:41 AM, gnfnrs1972 said:

Everyone saying  Myles is a world class vocalist must have shit in their ears.

No, you're confusing with those that claim he isn't a good singer. Those people are in VAST minority and truly the one's with, as you say, "shit in their ears".

Considering that you are among those with "shit in their ears", it makes it impossible for you to hear what the rest of us are saying.

Have fun believing you are right whilst being in the vast minority.

6 hours ago, LunsJail said:

It gives them all an 80’s butt rock quality that I can’t endure.

By far among the silliest, dumbest phrases ever used.

Just insert "butt" in front of whatever music you don't like. SMH. Some people never graduate from HS, apparently. Still stuck there eternally.

51 minutes ago, UseYourDemocracyIII said:

jesus christ, guess i'm the only one who loves Myles. damn.

A lot of people love Myles. He's well-respected and has a ton of fans from Alter Bridge to SMKC to GN'R.

He was in a major motion picture because of his voice. He's sang with a multitude of different bands, such as Disturbed, due to his voice. He was offered a gig with Led Zeppelin due to his voice. He's currently a member of Alter Bridge due to his voice (and guitar playing ability). The guy can sing. Anybody that claims otherwise is just being obstinate and silly. 

It's one thing to not like or prefer someone's voice. It's altogether different to claim they can't sing or are bad.

I'll bet a fair amount of members here don't care for Barbra Streisand's voice or her music. But would anyone sane really try to argue that she can't sing or is bad??

Same goes for guitarists. There are many guitarists and styles I don't particularly care for. But I'd never claim they can't play.

That's just ridiculously short-sighted and dumb.

Music is subjective. Like literature. Like pretty much all forms of entertainment. There are a lot of Hollywood actors/directors I don't like. But that's doesn't mean they can't act/direct. Or that their fans don't understand what real art is.

Guns N' Roses are widely considered an all-time great rock and roll band. Definitely one of the greatest of their era. But not everyone likes them. Not everyone likes AXL's classic voice or SLASH's guitar style.

The majority here wouldn't object to someone claiming they don't like their individual styles or sounds. But the majority here would object to someone claiming they had no talent and were awful and that their fans "have shit in their ears".

Because it isn't true. They both have a ton of talent. Both are amazing artists. Like everyone else, they just don't appeal to everyone.

Same applies to Myles Kennedy.

9 minutes ago, Top-Hatted One said:

Albeit he has his good moments like Anastasia & Not for Me

Both great songs. I really love "Far and Away" "Too Far Gone" and "Bent to Fly", among numerous others.

Edited by thunderram
  • Like 3

21 hours ago, Gunner Gilby said:

It wasn't an insult Myles getting up and singing with Slash, Duff, Steven, Matt and Gilby. Axl chose not to attend cos of the Halls decision to only include certain members but exclude others. He hadn't made up with Duff and Slash at this point. The five Gunners who wanted to play ask Myles. 

Now that you brought this up, I wonder how Axl thinks about this in retrospect. The guys that he wanted to be inducted are not in the band. Also, would the reunion have happened if those guys did get inducted as GNR?  It's interesting to see how that decision by the Hall affected the course of GNR in some way. 

• Like 1

Not gonna say Rod Jackson is a better singer than Myles. It’s all subjective but Rod’s voice suited Slash’s grittiness much better IMO. Too bad he just couldn’t get clean. Insert Rod Jackson into The Conspirators year after year and no one would be missing gnr during their hiatus and down time

• Like 1