Axl and Myles.

1 hour ago, Tom-Ass said:

Argee 100%.. While he would have been no Izzy, if you took a couple ideas from Pawnshop guitars, music from the first Snakepit album, throw 1990's Axl on top with some of his song ideas and they potentially could have made another great album that most fans would have loved..

Gilby's no Izzy? Forget Guns and judge Izzy and Gilby's other albums. Gilby's a better lead guitarist, songwriter and all round rocks harder.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Draguns said:

Now that you brought this up, I wonder how Axl thinks about this in retrospect. The guys that he wanted to be inducted are not in the band. Also, would the reunion have happened if those guys did get inducted as GNR?  It's interesting to see how that decision by the Hall affected the course of GNR in some way. 

Axl seems to be on good terms with everyone from the 2012 line up except Chris. I don't think he feels that different.

2 hours ago, thunderram said:

By far among the silliest, dumbest phrases ever used.

Just insert "butt" in front of whatever music you don't like. SMH. Some people never graduate from HS, apparently. Still stuck there eternally.

Ok then, cock rock. That better? You know the music I’m talking about and I’ve never seen the phrase in front of anything besides “rock.”

On 8/29/2021 at 8:42 PM, Chester 524 said:

yeah idk.  might be cool to see it once.  I'd be in favor of doing a dual vocals thing on Anastasia more than a GNR song.  

But if you were Axl would you honestly do this?  best way for me to think of it is like having Magic Johnson play Kevin Durant today.  an all time great past his prime against a guy on top of his game today. 

Axl would get blown off that stage (depending on the song....see Sweet Child, YCBM,etc).....  

this^ I was really low key hoping during the last SMKC tour when duff and fortus popped up axl would pop up too but wishful thinking. I feel like then doing slither or nightrain together would be fun, Anastasia as well

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Gunner Gilby said:

Gilby's no Izzy? Forget Guns and judge Izzy and Gilby's other albums. Gilby's a better lead guitarist, songwriter and all round rocks harder.

Anybody that would rather have Gilby write for Guns than Izzy is nuts.. That is what we were referring to.  I liked Pawnshop guitars but after that his stuff got pretty mehhh.. Izzy has tons of awesome solo stuff.. And a lot of it is pretty heavy.. 

Anyway, I am not trashing Gilby.. I started the whole thing by saying that I thought he could have made some good contributions and would rather him in the band than Fortus.. 

• Like 4

14 hours ago, thunderram said:

No, you're confusing with those that claim he isn't a good singer. Those people are in VAST minority and truly the one's with, as you say, "shit in their ears".

Considering that you are among those with "shit in their ears", it makes it impossible for you to hear what the rest of us are saying.

Have fun believing you are right whilst being in the vast minority.

What? I can't hear you!

There's to many flies buzzing around your head.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

Anybody that would rather have Gilby write for Guns than Izzy is nuts.. That is what we were referring to.  I liked Pawnshop guitars but after that his stuff got pretty mehhh.. Izzy has tons of awesome solo stuff.. And a lot of it is pretty heavy.. 

Anyway, I am not trashing Gilby.. I started the whole thing by saying that I thought he could have made some good contributions and would rather him in the band than Fortus.. 

Comparing Gilby to Izzy is like comparing Myles to Axl.

Gilby/Myles = nice guys, boring.

Izzy/Axl =the real deal, with all their flaws, just way more interesting and entertaining.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Gunner Gilby said:

Axl seems to be on good terms with everyone from the 2012 line up except Chris. I don't think he feels that different.

I don't know about that. It seems like the only person that he stills keeps in touch with and in good terms is Brain.  

9 minutes ago, Draguns said:

I don't know about that. It seems like the only person that he stills keeps in touch with and in good terms is Brain.  

The Axl camp seem to be on good terms with Tommy Stinson, too (Beta likes his posts on instagram).

I don't think there's any relationship with Bumblefoot and Ashba.

2 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

The Axl camp seem to be on good terms with Tommy Stinson, too (Beta likes his posts on instagram).

I don't think there's any relationship with Bumblefoot and Ashba.

I wouldn't be surprised about those two considering how things went down. Interesting about Beta liking Tommy's post. 

43 minutes ago, Draguns said:

I wouldn't be surprised about those two considering how things went down. Interesting about Beta liking Tommy's post. 

It probably means that there's no bad blood with Tommy and they're cool with him. I think Tommy is also the only one, besides Brain, who went to NITL shows and hung out backstage.

With Brain it's obviously more than that, as it seems he's still considered an associate.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, History2010 said:

I miss Scott Weiland. He had great chemistry with Slash and he had the voice and the song writing ability. Not on Axl's level obviously but he was great in his own right. I wish I could've seen Velvet Revolver. May he rest in peace.

Luckily I had the chance to attend a couple of VR shows...

Scott blew my mind... So magnetic on stage, he gave everything

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, History2010 said:

I miss Scott Weiland. He had great chemistry with Slash and he had the voice and the song writing ability. Not on Axl's level obviously but he was great in his own right. I wish I could've seen Velvet Revolver. May he rest in peace.

He sounded pretty good on the GnR covers too.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Gunner Gilby said:

Whether in regular touch or not, I just meant I don't think there's any bad blood between Axl and DJ, Bumble and Tommy. 

I know what you meant, but I think there's bad blood between DJ and Bumble.  Don't forget Bumble was counting the days of leaving GNR. 

8 hours ago, Mr Mini Mite said:

Luckily I had the chance to attend a couple of VR shows...

Scott blew my mind... So magnetic on stage, he gave everything

I attended one VR show at PNC Arts Center. They were good!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Dangelus said:

Myles can sing circles around present day Axl. There’s no debating it. 

Of course there is. Even if he is more technically proficient now, he still bores me to sleep every time I hear him. Singing is more than just hitting notes. It is how you move from note to note, how you mask the voice, how you add intensity, how you modulate, how you add feelings in to the delivery, etc etc. And I will take Axl every day of the week over Myles.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Of course there is. Even if he is more technically proficient now, he still bores me to sleep every time I hear him. Singing is more than just hitting notes. It is how you move from note to note, how you mask the voice, how you add intensity, how you modulate, how you add feelings in to the delivery, etc etc. And I will take Axl every day of the week over Myles.  

You need to check out some Alter Bridge. Blackbird in particular for some incredible Myles Kennedy stuff. I’d agree he is a bit generic with Slash but on his own stuff, there isn’t a better vocalist out there.

• Like 3